Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Libby Lehman's Threadplay.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lotti
    I purchased the DVD as well as Ricky's machine quilting DVD from his website after taking a couple of ricky's classes in Ireland this summer... Great great investment!
    Ricky's CD "Grand Finale" is really, really good as is Libby's "Thread Play". If you have a laptop that you can put by your sewing machine it is like having them in the room with you being willing to demonstrate again and again and again until you get it. Then later when you want to do it again and have forgotten exactly how you did it the first time they will come back and show you as often as you need. On top of that they are both excellent teachers.

Comment

I have both Libby's "Threadplay" DVD and Ricky's "Grand Finale". Both are great!

Comment

I just watched Threadplay with Libby Lehman - what a great class. What a terrific teacher Libby is, I am off to try her techniques right now.

Comment

For anyone going to Houston next month, Libby's dvd should be available in Ricky's booth. That's where I got it last year.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

A huge Thank You to TQS and Libby Lehman for making this video available here. I have had the book for years but watching Libby Lehman doing it is a completely different kettle of fish. Now I just want to go and have a go. What a great follow on to the sampler class from August/September.
            Marianne

Comment

So inspiring I agree. I've been doodling ribbons at work today. My colleagues are jealous of my doodles :lol: feather anyone.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

They wouldn't be chicken feathers by any chance, would they?

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                  They wouldn't be chicken feathers by any chance, would they?
                  :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sure they are! They just have to be.

Comment

Thanks to Libby and TQS!

Comment

I had a go at this and it was fun. I used a 'creatively pieced' cushion cover that I had shoved into a drawer because it was so badly done. It was a BTQS one. I think it looks a bit like it has had water damage now. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                        I had a go at this and it was fun. I used a 'creatively pieced' cushion cover that I had shoved into a drawer because it was so badly done. It was a BTQS one. I think it looks a bit like it has had water damage now. :lol:
                        All I see is beautiful colours - like oil in an autumn puddle; one of those where you wish you were wearing wellies (pink ones with polka dots) so you could disturb the surface and see it reform. OK I admit, I'm terribly childish ops: :P
                        Marianne

Comment

Terribly childish or terribly creative? I love your image! And I love Rita's ribbons. You really got the movement and the shading just right!

Nancy

Comment

The purplish color of one of the threads plays off the golden yellow fabric so well, Rita! What were the threads you used for this?

Comment

Rita, I love your cushion cover, and am pleased that you found a use for it

Marianne, I love how you have described it, but as for the wellies - how about ones with liquorice allsorts on them?

Comment

Rita, I love it that you quickly find a way to try out a new technique that you are curious about. I'd likely to still be stuck in creating the perfect background (like Libby's) on which to try out my fledgling skills. Then after I have a great background I'd be stymied again because I'd be afraid of ruining it with the yet untried technique. You continue to inspire me to just try it! Thanks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2884 users online. 564 members and 2320 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X