Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrie, since this baby is going into a show I want her looking her absolute best if possible. If it was just for the bed I wouldn't have been so bothered about getting the basting stitch marks out, because I know that they will go eventually with use.

The binding is all on and I have 4 beautiful looking mitred corners - even if I do say so myself. 8)
    Hanging tube & label to go, no sweat! (until Izzy said 'are we taking it there today?' :shock: )

Comment

Way to go, Rosemary! I am sure it's beautiful.

Comment

Fantastic, Rosemary. Pictures when you get a chance?

Comment

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Nancy

Comment

Hear goes....

Comment

Rosemary--this quilt is wonderful! AND, you should be proud of those miters. Well done.

Comment

I love the puffy look that this wadding has given the quilt, and when I run out of blankets (or do another special quilt) I will definitely be using wool again. Unless it needs to be a wall hanging or something.

Comment

Oh my gosh your quilting is TERRIFIC!! Love this whole quilt. It's so pretty.
                  Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Oh, Rosemary, this turned out so beautiful!! I love all of your quilting! And the mine-blocks scattered in the wide white border are so fun!! And your miters are perfect!! There are so many wonderful details that I just can't include them all in my accolades!

Nancy

Comment

Rosemary, your quilt is absolutely beautiful and the quilting truly sings! In fact, you should be pretty proud of the corners of the binding too! It's amazingly beautiful and I hope it wins because it is a jewel!
                      P.S. Are you ready for Chinese Whispers now?

Comment

ROSEMARY!!!!! 5 star quilt! Well done! Beautiful! Be happy!

Comment

A first for me! a separate label
                          And my secret weapon - I own a semi-industrial blind hemmer (the machine that is used for hemming trousers & skirts so that the stitches don't show from the front) I used it to sew the two long sides of the hanging sleeve in a fraction of the time it would have taken to do by hand 8) There aren't any photos of it because I used invisible thread - and it is :wink:

I wish I hadn't been so rushed at the end, as I was really enjoying the quilting part of the process (except side 4 of the medalion - the design was getting boring by then :P )(& putting the binding down by hand - I really must indulge in more hand sewing) I reckon I have a hand sewn wholecloth quilt in me to do.

Just don't let me send in a quilt show/competition entry before the darned thing is finished (or all but) again!

Comment

Turned out absolutely wonderful! Fantastic work, rosemary!
                            Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                              P.S. Are you ready for Chinese Whispers now?
                              I need a few days down time (& a shopping spree) before I get going on Chinese Whispers - besides DH & Izzy want to see & talk to me without a quilt in the way for a while ops:
                              Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Rosemary, "Caught Red Handed", is very, very beautiful. The design, the fabrics and the workmanship all exquisite. You should be very happy with it. It gets my Blue Ribbon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2207 users online. 289 members and 1918 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X