Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer!! But it will all come out beautiful in the end. If you are like me, you need to vent a little and then you can just get to it and make it right.

Nancy

Comment

I so agree with Nancy, Rosemary. Even you know you will be able to make it right in the end, and quickly because you are so good with all of this! Let us know when you get it the way you want--look forward to hearing that it all worked out!

Comment

Persevere, rosemary. I'm certain it'll be worth the efforts and grumbles! I know some of those safe places, there are a few at work and a certain number here at home too!
        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Sleeping on it is always good. Often I find energy to do the right thing when the night before I was ready to place the project in the nearest trash can. Good luck, Rosemary.

Comment

I love this site! Not only do you get to rub elbows with extremely talented quilters and see their beautiful creations, you get to learn new quilty expletives to use yourself when needed! Sorry for the frustration, Rosemary, but thanks for expanding my vocabulary. I was needing a new way to talk to misguided fabric! I know you will work it out, but if you like I can send you some cowboy curses that have served me well!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Rosemary you are such a perfectionist no wonder you find yourself hard to live with. It is such a good quilt

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I'm not a perfectionist in everything (umm housework - whats's that? ops: ) but if a quilt is going for a competition you cannot send it in with grubby marks that show up, can you. Actually I pulled it all apart yesterday and spot cleaned that bit. There is still a faint line - tryin to decide if I can live with it. But I haven't done any unpicking yet.

Comment

here is the back of CRH subtle but not plain.

I've done the unpicking & re-stitching ok, but then had a baaaad idea, I thought that the top where I had starched the fabrics for the blocks looked better that the borders which I hadn't starched so I thought 'I'll starch the whole thing whilst it is apart' Which I then proceeded to do - boy I wish I hadn't, I didn't quite get the starch thoroughly mixed in before I put the quilt top in so there are some places that have thicker starching than others and the darkest reds are thinking about bleeding ever-so-very- slightly. I will have to wash it at the end of quilting and it is going to be getting a bucket load of colour catchers & synthropol when I do. The disappointing part is that I wasn't able to press it any better than it had been before, in some places it is even more crinkled :roll:

Comment

Rosemary, Good luck on it. It's a beautiful quilt. Have you tried using a light spray of water when you press it? Just a thought.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                    Betty Jo

Comment

I did in one or two spots, but wasn't certain that it was making that much difference and I was afraid of gunking up my iron. I will try & remember to experiment for next time. Since it is all pin basted together now I am not taking it apart again :roll:

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                      Betty Jo

Comment

Good luck, Rosemary. I hope all goes well. It's such a beautiful quilt. Don't you just hate the hassles!?! I hope it just all quilts out beautifully. I am sure it will!!!

Comment

I admire your perseverance, Rosemary. I think it will get done and you'll love it all the more because of the 'birth pangs'

Comment

It's so easy to be wise backwards :cry: . I think the quilting will help a lot. Maybe it needs a bit more basting in the critical areas.
                            Like your backing fabric. Good luck!

living in Central Denmark
                            Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Well I've got to get it fixed & finished now, I sent the application form in this morning. I will be hand delivering it to the showground on the 27 August - so I even have a serious deadline. However if I get all the quilting done for the end of this month it might be possible to block it out in the front room and let it dry whilst we all go away visiting my parents (otherwise I don't know when it would be possible because there isn't anywhere else to do it and I don't know how long it would take :roll: )

Comment

Rosemary, beware if you are blocking it. The colors could run again! I tried that on a little piece and the red colors wanted to bleed.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2219 users online. 291 members and 1928 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X