Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smashing and love the feathers. Very creative

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
      Smashing and love the feathers. Very creative
      I suppose you are referring to Lotti's new avatar or was it Becky's creations?

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
        Smashing
        Indeed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Thank you everybody for your kind words - you really know how to make a girl feel good!
            Happy Easter and hope you can all enjoy a long sewing week-end. Even if you do have to work hope you get a bit of time at your machine.
            I have been away from my machine for a little while dealing with a health issue but will now get back with a vengeance so my poor machines won't know what has hit them. No Easter Break for them! May spring be just around the corner for everybody!
            (BTW love your chicks, Lotti, and all the fun smilies that turns up round and about)

Marianne

Comment

Woo Hoo!
              I've finally got the top finished 8)
              Sorry for the rubbish photo but I am so excited about finishing it I just had to let you all know, even though I will be turning into a pumpkin in less than 7 minutes :lol: (actually I turned into a pumpking whilst I was editing this post, but who cares :lol: )

The little dots of red scattered about the white border are more of the 1" squares (I've gone right off quarter square triangles at that size in that fabric, they were being right argumentative with me today :roll: )

For the ESS should I use white masterpiece or monopoly invisible? (I suppose I could always go and check what CN says on the craftsy class...)

My major problem is wondering what colour to do the binding in (and I hope nobody declares that it ought to be green, because there is no more of that fabric at all, not even slivers to send off for matching to. I was considering red, but since I laid it out for photographing I think that yellow would probably work better - what ever I go for I will have to dye (unless I go for white :wink: ) Unless I go for a knife edge finish....

Comment

Way to go, Rosemary!! It looks wonderful!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What a delightful and whimsical quilt, Rosemary! I will be very interested in what you decide to do for the quilting. As for SIDESS, monopoly is fine, a 50 wt thread like Masterpiece could do, but I personally am partial to a 60 wt Bottom Line, if I decided not to do it with monopoly. In the end, if you are careful, even Masterpiece should work. Congratulations on a beautiful sampler quilt!

Comment

Gorgeous quilt, Rosemary!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Yup, its a winner! Good job. Don't know enough to advise you on quilting or binding, but maybe the yellow? or knife edge?

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Looks wonderful and you should be proud of yourself

Taree NSW - Australia
                        My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

eSS in the middle as well :shock: :shock: :shock:

it's definitely one for Harrogate. I love your interpretation

I'd use the white for quilting it'll look softer on this scale quilt :?

Comment

Rosemary, Looks fantastic. Beautiful work. I'd go with the yellow for the binding. If you want to add more red to outside then perhaps a red piping.

Comment

I love the quilt. Your hand dyes are so beautiful. They just glow. Just experimenting with machine quilting thread myself so I am interested in how the others advise you. It is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                                What a delightful and whimsical quilt, Rosemary! I will be very interested in what you decide to do for the quilting. As for SIDESS, monopoly is fine, a 50 wt thread like Masterpiece could do, but I personally am partial to a 60 wt Bottom Line, if I decided not to do it with monopoly. In the end, if you are careful, even Masterpiece should work. Congratulations on a beautiful sampler quilt!
                                I meant to say Bottom line, rather than Masterpiece last night, but got a bit mixed up (it was past my bedtime, officer). And wouldn't you know, white is one colour I haven't bought yet :roll: - I've got cream, tan, grey & black thinking that they should cover all my bases...

Thanks for all the kind words, I might make it to Harrogate yet

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2213 users online. 291 members and 1922 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X