Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Limbania. As for the hexies, I think I will be needing in the region of 2000 but I am not certain. Counting them all will make it feel impossible. There are about 60 flowers and 40 diamonds that can be constructed seperately and then added. Lots of bits that can be done seperately and then added later. It will take a long time. As for the size, I actually don't know but I think approximately 60 X 80". My advice - go for a larger hexie. :roll:

Comment

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/
      check Bonnie Hunters' blog today...and see an amazing hexie quilt ! :shock:

Comment

Rita it's going to be beautiful, and different with those batiks in it.

I put the borders on my sample quilt and it's ready for a rainy day now. I'm not going to rush to get it finished so I can try a quilting pattern when inspiration strikes.

I made a quilt for my nieces dog over the weekend quilted and ready to go once bound. It's quilting with all of you that's speeded me up and the choice of a welsh quilt design (just 24 pieces)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Photos please Wendy?

Comment

Thanks for the link Marilyn, Bonnie's quilt is great!

Yes, photos please Wendy

Talking about great quilts, take a look at this one I found on Pinterest.com :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

~Flower Vase With 1293 Half Inch Hexagons By Jan H.~

Comment

Wow that's clever. Must have taken a bit of planning!

My neice's dog quilt

its for her 21st birthday. She has learning difficulties and I struggle to get something meaningful for her. She's just got a new dog and I think this will hit the spot.

The last round should have been wider but of course I hadn't enough dog fabric :roll:

Comment

Wendy,
                Love your dog quilt! I am sure your niece will too. Thanks for sharing.
                Marianne

Comment

Wendy, I'm so glad to see this quilt. I thought you meant it was a dog quilt. Like FOR a dog and couldn't imagine why you'd want to be doing Welsh quilting work on it. It's really cute and I'm sure she'll love it.
                  Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Wendy, the quilt for your niece is really sweet and I love the composition and colors--I'm sure she'll love it!

Limbania, I never really had an interest in hexies until you posted this quilt! Not that I could see myself making one but I have to say that is gorgeous and I wish I could make something like that (more art classes first!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Love your nieces quilt, and I bet her dog will be sharing it
                      Adore the butterfly fabric... So perfect, reminds me of my friends' old dog, Rex, who used to love chasing butterflies
                      Actually, one of my Christmas projects is a dog quilt... Can't just give my black and white swirl quilt to Veronica & Peter, their dog will have to have his own quilt tooooooooo! (Sewn 100% by machine)
                      Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Well actually it is for the dog. After all my chickens have their quilt!

I've already made her two quilts. She complains her dad has them on his bed. The live in Guernsey must be cold there :roll:

Comment

Wendy, what a lovely quilt. I did make one of those for my step daughter when she got a new puppy a couple of years ago.

Limbania, that is an amazing piece of work. The mind boggles at how creative some people are.

Marilyn, I had seen Bonnie Hunter's hexie quilt some time back and it was that that inspired me to come up with my version. I know it's taken her a long time to make it. I reckon mine is going to take forever too. :roll:

Comment

Wendy it's so nice of you to make the quilt and I'm sure man, woman and dog will enjoy it. I think I was picturing some sort of heirloom type thing and couldn't imagine letting the dog have it. Maybe I should stop commenting before I risk offending anyone. Hope not.
                            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

:lol: :lol: not at all.
                              It was because I mentioned Welsh quilts which was just the design of the patchwork not the quilting. Now that is something I wouldn't let a dog sleep on.

Comment

Wendy - Wonderful dog quilt, whether for person or dog! (And I'm sure you have not offended anyone, Karen, because you didn't say anything that was offensive in any way!) I know your niece will be touched! At some point in my future, I have a dog quilt to make for my sister (which will be for her, but her dogs will share it) and a dog quilt for me (same story). My friend has made a quilt for one of her dogs and has one in the works for the other one. And her dogs are also happy to share with her!

Rita - I love your hexi quilt and look forward to seeing it finished some years from now! I have a hexi charm quilt in the works that I'm sure I'll finish by 2050 or so! (Might be a mistake putting a year on this....) And my hexis are a lot bigger than yours! Luckily, with a charm quilt there's no worries about putting a hexi in the wrong position. That's my kind of design!!

Nancy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2187 users online. 284 members and 1903 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X