Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

To oil or not to oil...... that is the question! :)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS for a hook, yes its where you see an pointy hook going around when you turn the
    wheel". place the oil ( A Few drops) on the pointy part. and run the machine without thread. All is lubricated.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning-As-I-Go
      I have never seen any kind of wick down there; mine has a top/drop-in bobbin, not a front/side load bobbin, if that matters. It's the Janome Magnolia (7318 I think). My dealer when I bought it didn't mention anything, so I think it's not needed....I'll be there in the next month or so, though, and can ask.
      I have a top/drop in bobbin also. i checked on the internet, it looks like most top loading Janomes have the little wick underneath the bobbin case. When you take out the bobbin case, look into the machine where the case goes. There might be a little round hole with something that looks like fluff. That would be the wick.

I can ask Tim for info, he will definitely know.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
        Originally posted by Learning-As-I-Go
        I have never seen any kind of wick down there; mine has a top/drop-in bobbin, not a front/side load bobbin, if that matters. It's the Janome Magnolia (7318 I think). My dealer when I bought it didn't mention anything, so I think it's not needed....I'll be there in the next month or so, though, and can ask.
        I have a top/drop in bobbin also. i checked on the internet, it looks like most top loading Janomes have the little wick underneath the bobbin case. When you take out the bobbin case, look into the machine where the case goes. There might be a little round hole with something that looks like fluff. That would be the wick.

I can ask Tim for info, he will definitely know.

Kathy
        thanks! So, I *finally* got the screw loose enough on the throat plate to remove it, and thus was *finally* able to remove the bobbin case and dust in there --- oh my!!! And, yep, a little smooshy wick thing in the hole in the center, just as you said.

Just getting all of *that* gunk out has helped the machine a ton; I'll be in the US in a few weeks and get some machine oil from my LQS/Dealer, now that I know where to put it. Very timely thread here!

Comment

Safe travels Heather.

Comment

Excellent,Heather! It's wonderful when we can get helpful info just at the right time. If yours has had heavy use you might want to check that wick more frequently at first, if it seems dry put another drop of oil on.

Safe trip!

Kathy

Comment

thanks, guys We leave in a few weeks, will spend 3 to 4 wks in the US, then back to Brazil. BUT we are (most likely, still not 100% certain) MOVING back to the US as of December this year Ahhh, to be in the land of convenient fabric shopping..... :dreamy sigh:

Kathy, I'll definitely check the wick more often once I get the oil and get back with it. I've had the machine about a year, but yes, somewhat heavy use....quilted a baby quilt, finished piecing then quilted a full size bed quilt, pieced and quilted a reversible twin bed quilt (flannel backed), pieced another twin sized quilt top.....with a tree skirt, Christmas stockings, denim placemats, and assorted other small projects in there as well. The amount of lint I pulled out once I got that throat plate off -- crazy!! Will take much better care now I've managed to loosen that screw (and probably the only time a loose screw is helpful, LOL!)!

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Gee Heather, you have been busy, girl! Your decision to buy the Janome sounds like it was a good one.
                  Hope you will have time to sew in between all your traveling and (maybe) moving.

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
                    Gee Heather, you have been busy, girl! Your decision to buy the Janome sounds like it was a good one.
                    Hope you will have time to sew in between all your traveling and (maybe) moving.

Kathy
                    thanks, Kathy! The boys all needed quilts, so......

I won't likely sew while we're in the US (but will shop!), but will do some sewing between the trip to visit and the move.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2094 users online. 210 members and 1884 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X