Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Husqvarna Viking Designer SE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I hope you can share a picture, I love butterflies! I'd really like to learn some heirloom sewing myself, it's so beautiful! Do try the lace, it's very easy and incredibly rewarding.

Enjoy your machine, it's a wonderful hobby.

Comment

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for selling a Viking Platinum 750 (made in Sweden). I used it happily for 4 years and decided I wanted to feel more confident in free motion quilting and have now bought a Bernina 440 with BSR. I tried my quild newsletter and local email forum. After a spooky scam experience on Craig's list, I recently listed it on eBay with no bids! I asked min. of $600. but hoped to get $750. at least. I offered is as a package with a full quilting kit and several extra feet and a few other accessories. Other than NOT having an embriodery unit, it is in great shape and well mantained. I would have thought still desireable, for general quilting and sewing. I had not thought to keep this as a backup machine as I spent $1500.+ originally. I would love some feed back. You could contact me off line too. I hope I'm not violating ethics here- I just want some ideas from folks in the know!
      Thanks

Comment

When I sell a vintage machine on eBay, I usually start the bid at $9.99, and let the market determine what it's worth. The machine is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you do several pictures of the machine, and of some of the special stitches it does, sewn with contrasting thread so that it shows up well in the pics, it also helps sell the machine.

Pat in Rockport, TX, who also knows how important it is to pack the machine well for shipping--double boxes, foam board around the machine, and enough packing materials so that the machine is unable to move at all.

Comment

I have 2 Viking machines. My 400 is about 10 years old and still a great machine that I use for teaching. Almost a year ago, I treated myself to the new Sapphire 850 - 10" arm, needle up/dn, thickness sensor and so many other amazing features. I liked the fact that the walking and free-motion feet I already had also fit. My extension table does too.

Since I work at JoAnn's and the Viking shop is right inside, I can stop in with questions anytime I need to. I took the classes they offered and learned how to program the stitches, etc.

I embroider on a simple Brother machine. It's kind of primative but for now it's all I need.

I also have the Singer Touch N Sew that I got in 1977 for HS graduation. It only comes out to play once in a while!

By the way, the store just bought all new machines for me to teach on and they are Singers and pretty nice! I'll bet they cost under $500 and they do have needle up/dn etc. NA in NY

Comment

hi, i buy myself something each yr... one person and 5 machines including my old singer tredal that belonged to my grandmother. well i just bought the Viking sapphire 870 quilter. OMG do i love this machine. it has a 10 inch throat, thread cutter i don't even need to unthread the needed to wind the bobbin. i am in heaven. i sure love the way it sews but it is going to be put on the grace pro frame i have. it will be taking the place of the singer i bought last yr. the singer is a great machine and i love it, i just wanted a bigger throat. well the 870 sapphire is a real jewel.
            Barb
            Midwest City ok

Comment

I purchased a D1 about 2 1/2 years ago. It took me a couple of months to bond with it. We are buddies now! Of course there is always a new and improved machine that comes on the market that tempts me, but having spent that kind of money I will stick with my D1 for a while longer. I did upgrade to the USB stick which I find much easier to use than the floppy disks.
              I am also addicted to embroidery. I like embroiderylibrary.com for my motifs. Although I've yet to try 'lace', machine applique or the 'endless hoop'. That's on my to-do list.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2889 users online. 556 members and 2333 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X