Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Husqvarna Viking Designer SE

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husqvarna Viking Designer SE

This wonderful embroidery machine was a no brainer for me since it's sold locally in my wonderful quilt shop...can I mention it's name? I've been away from sewing for years, but when I discovered that my little town (that has no other decent shopping) has this wonderful quilt shop tucked away in a strip mall, I was hooked! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an embroidery design being created by machine! I didn't research any further since I liked the idea of buying locally where my machine can be serviced on a regular basis. Great classes at my shop, too, have given me the confidence I need to persue this fantastic world of quilting!

Gosh, no other Viking owners out there?

Comment

I have a Viking Platinum 995E, has anyone out there tried using the optional walking foot? I wanted to get some advice before I went out and bought one.

Comment

drewfield, the walking foot is essential, IMHO! I use the walking foot often, not only for quilts, but quilted garments as well...anytime I make a "sandwich". I wish the walking foot wasn't as costly as it is, especially considering the price of the machines!
        It would be nice if sewing machine manufacturers would include a walking foot as a standard feature. My hubby was very pleased with a little Janome he bought me a few years ago for Christmas, and I was amazed that it came standard with a walking foot! Of course, at that time, I didn't even know what a walking foot was, just that it was a funny looking contraption!

Comment

I have the same situation - the local quilt shops by me carry Viking. A few years a go I upgraded from my little Singer that I had since I was a teenager to the Viking Freesia 415. It was at the time the lowest priced computerized machine but was still a budget-buster for me. I am so glad I got it. I love it and use it for piecing and machine quilting. My next machine will be in the Viking Designer series since I am fascinated by the embroidery functions. Luckily, my hubby is a believer in buying the best tool for the job so I'll be able to justify the cost :-) .

Carla in Michigan

Comment

Bernina seems to be the machine of choice in our area, and I really feel like an outsider most of the time since I have a Viking Designer II. I love my machine - and wish Bernina owners wouldn't be so snobbish about their brand name.

Comment

I don't think Bernina owners are snobbish, they just love their machines the way you love your vikings.
              As long as everyone has a machine that works for them, that is all that matters.

Comment

Lystger, I have noticed that snobbiness a bit, too. When a few of us are asked what machines we have, we'd say, I have a Pfaff, or I have a Viking, whatever, but invariably there would be a couple of "Well I have a Bernina", with this kind of upraised nose look. The rest of us just roll our eyes.

Comment

Does anyone have a Designer I Husqvarna Viking? If so, do you have the Embroidery attachment and/or the Free Motion Quilting attachment? I've been using mine, as time permits, for about5 months now and am having difficulty justifying the cost - don't really want to say how much - but trust me it was a pretty (MANY) pennies!

How do you like it? How long did it take you to get the hang of it? My sewing experience to date prior to this purchase was with a Necchi and a Kenmore - neither of which have any bells and whistles at all like this Designer I does.

Any helpful hints/tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (Can you tell I am frustrated with the machine? :? )

Comment

KKreations, I have the Designer SE with embroidery unit and in January I purchased (OUCH!) the Fabric Mover. I'm just now beginning to get the hang of it, but in all honesty, it's been in the box for a long while until recently (hubby doesn't know I bought it!) I really can't say I can justify the expense, yet, but I did get brave enough to use the Fabric Mover on a lap size quilt last week. It came out okay for a first effort...it's definitely "free motion"! ops: It's fun to use on small projects...wall hanging, purses, etc. but I don't know about a full size quilt. It's a bit difficult to maneuver...there's a learning curve...practice, practice, practice. Of course, now I understand that Viking is coming out with what they call a Fab-u-motion that will probably make my brand new Fabric Mover obsolete! :roll:

ETA...hang in there with your Viking, as far as the sewing machine goes. Have you taken classes to learn the basics about your Designer? I learn something new every time I attend a class at my LQS, and I've had my SE since last July!

Comment

Originally posted by K-Kreations

Any helpful hints/tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (Can you tell I am frustrated with the machine? :? )
                      Having worked for a Viking dealer for several years, I have had many customers experience a certain frustration level. I am hoping your dealer offers machine classes - TAKE THEM!! Your Viking is a phenomenal machine, but, it is very different from what you are used to and there is an education element to being able to get accustomed to it. I have known too many people who have invested in a machine like this and have been too frightened of it to go past a straight stitch! If you don't have classes, join one of the myriad Yahoo groups specifically for owners of that machine - you can get a lot of good info. Also, if you can find a dealer that does offer the classes, even if you have to travel and pay for the class, it is worth it if the dealer is any good at all. Even just being in a room with other owners with questions can help. I also used to have a monthly Embroidery Club, with a show and tell and demos of new tools and whatnot - a nice social event and quite educational. Each dealer handles things a different way.

Have fun!

Tama

Comment

Originally posted by sewso
                        Of course, now I understand that Viking is coming out with what they call a Fab-u-motion that will probably make my brand new Fabric Mover obsolete! :roll:
                        Sewso -

The Fab-u-motion is for the new large-bed Sapphire machines. You're safe (for now!!)

Tama

Comment

Originally posted by K-Kreations
                          Does anyone have a Designer I Husqvarna Viking? If so, do you have the Embroidery attachment and/or the Free Motion Quilting attachment? I've been using mine, as time permits, for about5 months now and am having difficulty justifying the cost - don't really want to say how much - but trust me it was a pretty (MANY) pennies!

How do you like it? How long did it take you to get the hang of it? My sewing experience to date prior to this purchase was with a Necchi and a Kenmore - neither of which have any bells and whistles at all like this Designer I does.

I have a Designer 1.... have had it for 3 years now and made many, many quitls with it. I don't have the additional embroidery piece but I have just recently purchased the "fabric mover" for it and look forwrd to it become my new best buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by sewso
                            This wonderful embroidery machine was a no brainer for me since it's sold locally in my wonderful quilt shop...can I mention it's name? I've been away from sewing for years, but when I discovered that my little town (that has no other decent shopping) has this wonderful quilt shop tucked away in a strip mall, I was hooked! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw an embroidery design being created by machine! I didn't research any further since I liked the idea of buying locally where my machine can be serviced on a regular basis. Great classes at my shop, too, have given me the confidence I need to persue this fantastic world of quilting!
                            Aren't today's machines simply amazing? The more embroidery you do, the more addicting it gets. I've been playing around with lace via my embroidery module, and I have to say I'm simply amazed... I had no idea our machines could do this type of thing. Congratulations on your machine, I hope you have many years of fun with it.

Comment

cj, I just have to say how much I enjoy your website! I just read a few pages (I love Moda's jelly rolls and charm packs, too) and I feel I know you! Living in an RV sounds great to me, and I admire you for learning to ride...I ride on the back of our bike, but if I was your age, I would have my own, too.

I have yet to discover the joys of embroidering lace with my SE. My LQS just recently got in some new software for lacy tops, and I'm anxious to give it a try. That, and some heirloom stitching. My latest project is an embroidered butterfly quilt, using both Viking and Cactus Punch designs...a total of 19 butterflies.
                              Thanks for your enthusiastic post!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2884 users online. 559 members and 2325 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X