Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

My first Harmonic Convergence

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all --

I finished peicing my first convergence. I've posted it in my photos. I have to say that I'm not crazy about it. I liked the process of making the quilt. Deciding where to place the fabric was fun. I worked with three yards of hand dyed fabric, each was a differnent colorway. It was quick and easy, which was nice for a change, but I was hoping for a different effect. I wanted the color gradation to be a more subtle. I guess it's unrealistic to expect we'll like every quilt we make... but wouldn't it be nice? I'm now thinking about how to quilt it???

-- Deb

Comment

I can honestly say that at first glance I have been disappointed in at least half of my convergences and I have done probably at least 75 in varying sizes and complexities. I have one that I am still struggling with but have hope for it yet. But in the end all of them except this one problem child I have loved. (and I will love this some day too. Do you ever give up on your children!!!!!! and my convergences are really like children to me I have to see them grow up and go forth)

Your Convergence is beautiful and I sent you an e mail with some ideas that might make it more pleasing to you. I am sure others will post their ideas to but in the end - convergences are a journey and over time you will have a better vision in the beginning of where it "might" end but for me there is always a little curve or detour in the road and where I think I am going is not where I end up. Learn to enjoy the journey and the destination even if it is somewhat different than you imagined. It is worth it in the end.

All in all congratulations on a beautiful first convergence and here is wishing you many many more. Ann (the self proclaimed Convergence Queen of Texas - actually Ricky called me that first and I kept the name)

Comment

ooh Deb, I love your convergence. I'm about to try my first one, hope it turns out as good as yours.
        Frances

Comment

Deb - I LOVE your convergence!!!! I have seen many modern art quilts that have the same look and feel with the gradation in block colors. I also am reading Ann Fahl's book on Coloring with Thread and almost all of her quilts use a background with different colored blocks very similar to what you created. I think you are really on to something! It's a great step forward and a beneficial learning experience in your journey as a quilter! Mary Kay

Comment

What if you inset some circles in the center section?

Perhaps pieces of your border fabric??

BethMI

Comment

I'm with Mary Kay and Frances--I love your convergence!

Comment

Deb, I think its gorgeous! I have not started one yet. Got the book though. Sandi in FL

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback and kind words. I've decided to quilt some sort of wavy design in the center and will figure out the border once I see how the center looks. My daughter wants the quilt for her apartment, so with luck I'll be able to get the quilting completed Christmas. -- Deb

Comment

Nice job Deb,

I love the colors and gradation.
                    BTW, thanks for the level idea. It worked great.

Cheryl

Comment

In case you didn't see my other posts, My orca whale convergence is finished and in my profile. Can't wait to give it Kyle tomorrow. Cheryl

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2044 users online. 191 members and 1853 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X