Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

My first Harmonic Convergence

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Harmonic Convergence

My first Harmonic Convergence. I messed up and got the two blue blocks side by side. I honestly knew not to do this and that makes the mistake harder to bear! You can see two pic's in my profile.

Any border ideas to take the eye away from my color snafu?

Barbara/NC
    [/img]

Put a blue border next to the pink part and a pink border next to the blue part. Don't tell anyone it was a mistake. "I was simply experimenting with a new design concept!!!!" I think it looks great. Betty Ann

Comment

Bar, you are being way to hard on yourself. There is magic in that quilt! The wonderful night sky at the top and the beautiful glow at the bottom. There are a million things you can do - experiment - play - create!

Ricky

Comment

No one can say it better than the master Ricky but from little ole lowly me I say it is just plain awesome. Your fabric has so much variation and movement and texture that I would truly have thought you planned it that way so play create etc you may be surprised at what a wonderful product will appear. So go for it and happy converging, Ann - in sweltering Minnesota

Comment

What a beautiful quilt. I like it just the way it is.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Barbara the quilt is very pretty in its own right. The colors really pop. Its not wrong if you like the outcome. From what others say including myself the mistake turned out to be a learning experience that created a new look. If you glance at it quickly IMO it looks like a japanese kimono (sp?). I would suggust no border and place some beads on it that hang down the bottom and inside like fringe. If you do any machine embroidery put some japanese fans in a spot or two and make a wall hanging out of it.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
            Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! Because of your comments I am looking at the piece in different ways.

Ricky....... Now all I see is sky! The fabric is a piece of your Dark Crunchies.

I will post my final product. My Barbara Olson flower applique's will have to wait while I obsess a bit more on my Convergence!

Barbara/NC

Comment

Barbara, your convergence is beautiful. I understand why snowplow loves making them so much. After I made my first one a few weeks ago, I wanted to do lots more, but I had to get back to other things.....I'm sure I'll do many more of those in time to come.

Dana In Olive Branch, MS

Comment

Barbara,
                  Your quilt is very attractive. There is true harmony in the colors and the finished look! Ricky is right: you are being too hard on yourself.
                  The most important lesson taught by every good art teacher is to never, ever confess to your mistakes. They are "coincidental" design concepts!
                  They usually look fine and the few people that notice will think its part of your wonderful creation and admire it even more.
                  If you don't believe me, take another look at Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa!

Comment

It's a lovely quilt! It was intended to work out this way!

Lorchen
                    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I just finished piecing my first harmonic convergence quilt top. What a fun quilt I can't wait to make another one.

Comment

I have so little spare time, but would also make another convergence. I'd even enter it into Festival of Quilts in Aug 08 if Ricky promises to meet me in front of it.

Lorchen

Comment

I can't see a mistake in it. Did you ever finish?

Chelley

Comment

I have my first harmonic convergence quilt top done and posted a photo in my blog and in my profile. I can't wait to make another one.

Comment

Dogquilter........ I love your convergence quilt! It's beautiful!! Puts mine to shame. LOL

Barbara

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2098 users online. 246 members and 1852 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X