Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

My first Harmonic Convergence

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruthann
    I was going to shoot you an email today to compliment you on the convergence quilt. I really like it! Love the colors and the design. I also read somewhere in this forum that your sister is NanaBamaQuilter who I have enjoyed her input on this website. Looks like I'm drawn to the whole family!

Comment

Well, I guess I must comment here. My sister, Mirkwood (Ruthann) decided a couple of years ago to make a quilt. I thought maybe she would choose a simple nine-patch or something similar. No......she chose a Baltimore Album quilt!!!! I really though she would never get through 1 block let alone enough to make a whole quilt!! Well, she has proven me very wrong. (check out her profile for a link to her BAQ) And not only has she been completing BAQ blocks, she also has recently diversified and made other quilts that blow me away. We have no ancestors (that we know of) who quilted and I chose to teach myself to quilt 5 years ago and it took this long for my sister to jump on the bandwagon after much prodding. I love her quilts, which are very different from mine. She is such a talented, artistic person and deep down I knew she would really take off when she got some confidence under her belt. Almost daily she emails me with something new she has learned (now mostly on TQS!!). Way to go 'thann!!!!

Patricia

Comment

Patricia,
        I had emailed Ruthann because I loved her quilt and her website and I live near her. But I've admired your work and it looks like the talent and quilting gene runs in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by NanaBamaQuilter
          Well, I guess I must comment here. ...
          Uh-oh! My big sister found me! Now I have to be on my good behavior or she'll shut me in a dresser drawer like she did when I was little! :P

Seriously, with her encouragement and that of our wonderful sister-in-law Michelle, I'm have a terrific time learning different quilting techniques!

'thann (the nickname that my sister gave me)

Comment

I guessed that was a nick name!

Comment

Okay. I have Ricky's book, but I don't know what a "Grand Convergence" quilt is.

Can anyone explain?

BethMI

P.S. I do know that I LOVE Ruthann's!

Comment

On page 53 begins the instructions for a "Grand Convergence" You make a curved pieced rectangle and then cut it apart and sew various width strip in between.
                While you are on page 53, look across to page 52 and back to page 50 and you will see two of my quilts. Boy was I proud!!!
                Betty Ann In Florida

Comment

Here's my first convergence...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108Abtm7Zszcs_

I picked up the fabrics & pattern as a kit at one of our quilt days. I was a bit confused though since the pattern called for 1 or 4 fabrics - and the kit came with 3 (blue, green, and blue/green). I used 2 blocks of blue/green in opposite corners and think it turned out pretty well. Now to square it up & figure out how I want to frame it.

ETA: Not sure why the img tags aren't working - dang it! I guess you'll have to click on the link to check it out - sorry!

Comment

Kimber, I LOVE your convergence! My favorite color combination is blue and green -- I have to force myself to stop buying fabrics in those colors!

Say, will you be at the Greater Ann Arbor Quilt Guild meeting this Saturday (3/15)? I just joined and will be there to see what it's all about. I think PattiSure might try to make it, too.

Ruthann

Comment

Kimber, I love your convergence. I made one after attending the Super Seminar in Knoxville. I have yet to quilt it, but am going to demo the technique to my small quilting group in May. I have two sets of fat quarters ready to make one (to remember how) and one to show how. I've ordered the book...decided I needed it instead of the instructions in the handout at seminar. I love them all on people's profiles and am happy when I know there is one posted that I haven't seen.

Nancy in NC

Comment

Beautiful convergence, Kimber!!! Love the colors!

Comment

Thanks all for the convergence love!!

Ruthann - I'll be at the guild meeting on Saturday. I hope to see you & Patti there! I tend to sit on left aisle. I usually get there early, so I'll hold a couple seats for you two if you'd like. I'll sit my big colorful bag near the aisle so you can't miss it :lol:

Oh - and bring show & tell! I'd love to see some of your work!

Comment

Oh, and Nancy - good luck with your demo - its amazingly easy. The most difficult part (for me) is imagining how the colors will converge :lol:

Comment

The demo went very well. I have yet to border it. By the way, someone in TQS has a convergence that used appliqued flowers in the border. At least I think I'm right. I'd love to take another look at it. Would she let me know who she is??

Thanks, Nancy in NC

Comment

Nancy, your question intriqued me because often the people who have quilts in the gallery do not read the forum so thought I would see if I could find you an answer. (and anyway I always love to look at and make convergences) soooooo off to the Search feature, went to find a quilt and entered convergence under the block or pattern question. WOW ONE HUNDRED AND ONE CONVERGENCES WITH THAT LISTED IN THE BLOCK NAME AND HOW MANY MORE THAT DIDN'T LIST IT THAT WAY.

But here are some of the ones I found that may be what you were looking for (and if you have time do the search yourself it is amazing)

OrangeQuilter- Silk Flower Convergence (silk flowers appliqued on)
                                Threads1080 Que es KS?
                                angelinejovan Peonies from Heaven
                                joanne 94w Spring Convergence (stuffed flowers in border
                                Featherwind Toucan
                                lapatt Field of Lilies
                                cariboodon Queen of the Sea

and if you just want to see another applique in the border you could look at my Following Ricky's Star Also in my member blogs I did a whole blog on different convergences I have done and in my personal photos is my converged reversible vest that has some flowers appliqued on it.

Hope this gives you the inspiration you need. All the convergences are spectacular. One of these days I will do that search again so I can spend some time looking at them.

Ann who is toooooooo addicted to convergences for her own good. LOL

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2757 users online. 417 members and 2340 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X