Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dana, your quilt is gorgeous. I love the colors you have chosen. No wonder you want to make another one soon.

Judy in AZ who can't seem to pick the right colors

Comment

Ok gang I just have to say that I saw Dana's Rhapsody in person and it is even more beautiful than the picture. Dana you rock!!! the colors the workmanship everything about this quilt is magic and so are you.

(just a side note your convergence is beautiful too haven't said that before but now you know why I love them)

Can't wait to see you this spring and good luck with all your pending adventures Your friend and admirer Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Cher4
        Hi everyone. I am wondering about a couple of things. I've started on my rhapsody quilt and I want to have it be the centre for a large bed quilt. Adding borders to it making it larger should work just fine.
        Most rhapsody quilts are wall hangings and therefore don't get washed. I want to be able to wash the bed quilt. I have done alot of applique on wall quilts. I have never done raw edge applique though. I've been reading Ricky's book and fusing the applique down and then doing the blanket stitch around looks great. If I want this quilt to be washable should I maybe do the applique with the turned under edges? Or maybe a satin stitch covering the raw edges would be okay?
        Do any of you have experience doing raw edge applique and then washing?

Cher in BC
        Hey Cher - Actually, my first Rhapsody quilts are all full size bed quilts. Rhapsody quilts are easily made to be bed quilts. I can tell you from experience that putting a a border around a rhapsody center can look a bit odd from a design sense. You can create a Rhapsody the size you want it to be and the borders are curvy and incorporated into the design.

Comment

Thanks Ricky, I was wondering about that. My thought was if the rhapsody sat on the bed top, the borders would hang over. They were going to need alot of their own applique to get them to match and not look like add ons. The sizing isn't square though. So maybe I'll make it the whole rhapsody but stretch my pattern to be rectangular instead of square. That way it's all rhapsody and I don't need to worry about borders.
          I'll do the applique your way instead of mine (needleturn). The thought of doing all that needleturn had me thinking I'd not finish for a very long time.
          Now to go redo my pattern. Thanks

Cher in BC

Vancouver, BC Canada

Comment

This is greate...(as a new member I didnt realize we have a Rhapsody forum) ...I just posted skeleton for my first Rhapsody on the Blog :shock: ...I made it on my EQ6 and did work out real greate. If I decide to make the same layout on an other Rhapsody(....kingsize maybe) I just have to change the size of the block...Isnt that greate or what???

Vancouver, BC Canada

Comment

Dana,
              Omigosh!!!! That quilt is breathtaking!!!
              eileenkny

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
              Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Hanne-Grete, I just looked at the photos in your profile, and I had to comment on how beautiful it is in your part of the world! When I was little, my parents took me to visit their homeland in Finland, and I got to see the midnight sun. I've remembered how beautiful it was all these 50-plus years.

Brita

Comment

Eileen, I like your new profile picture. The Swiss cheese fabric is nice, too!!

Sharon in TN

Comment

Dana,

Your Rhapsody is gorgeous!!! Just beautiful!!! You are very talented.

WandaM
                    Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

I recently bought Ricky's book on the rhapsody quilts, and am trying out the practice piece for double blanket stitch. I own a Bernina 440 but I'm not able to get those perfect points and v's by selecting the beginning stitch, has anyone got any good tips on how to get this.
                      Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Hi Gabrielle -- I have the same machine. I cheat a bit on my points. If I am approaching a "trouble spot", I will pivot the piece 90 degrees after the front and back stitches so that the "bite" stitches go right over the previous front and back ones and don't cut all the way across a small point. Since it's the double blanket stitch, all the stitches look pretty thick as it is so the extra couple of stitches aren't really noticeable. Just take it slow and get the rhythm in your head and you should do fine! Hope this helps!
                        Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

I've just posted my final design, my fabrics on the design wall and some embroidery designs. I'm ready for the next installment. Anyone else ready?

JanP
                          Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

Jan,
                            If you go to Ricky's Rhapsody blog, he's got info on the applique. I just got the book yesterday, so I'm going to be behind everyone else with this. Plus, I'm going to do all the practice things before I attempt a real Rhapsody quilt.
                            eileenkny

Comment

I have posted my latest rhapsody in progress. All of the pieces are staystitched and I am now designing and choosing fabric for the applique. Right on schedule with Ricky Cindy in STL
                              Cindy Bell Neville

Comment

Cindy, I LOVE your applique designs for your Rhapsody quilt!! Can't wait to see how it all comes together!
                                SEW LONG!
                                Margo in SE Tennessee

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1958 users online. 153 members and 1805 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X