Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

All Things Rhapsody

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky, I'd love to see your work in Photoshop. I use that for my photos. I love to photograph flowers really closeup, and I'm hoping to make patterns from some of them and do wall hangings. My daughter has started her career as a photojournalist, so I also like to play with her pictures. Just jump right in and we'll catch up to you!

Sharon in NE TN

Comment

Yes, Ricky, please show us how you work on photoshop. ritzy

Comment

I have been having a lot of fun making skeletons with my 10 year old son. I have finally found one that calls to me. I think that with some minor changes, I can make this one work. I would love to get your feedback and thoughts. I made one Rhapsody before, but I opted to hand piece it. I want to machine piece this one.

Comment

I think I'll wait to do my drawing. I need to know more about how this quilt is put together. I could get myself into a BIG mess if I put too many lines, curves, etc. After I see the entire process, I'll know more about how many lines I need, probably not many since it will be my first. I'm anxious to see how the rhapsody continues.

Sharon in NE TN where it's hot and DRY

Comment

It would be our pleasure to watch you Ricky do a little magic on the PC,
            but then again Ricky its our pleasure just to watch you and Alex do what you 2 do best.... teach us lol
            Say hi to Justin for us .....Jean in Kenosha WI....feeding froot loops to my grand baby Ali she is 1yr, it a bribe so I can read the blogs

Comment

Sharon, I'm glad to see that someone else is interested in this. I think a show segment on this would be really good. I know that there has been a lot of press in the past couple years about copyright. Maybe if others are interested we could put it in the "suggestion box"!

Originally posted by sharonquilts
              I'm also wondering a lot about what is OK to enter in shows, etc. For example, can I enter a quilt made from a published pattern without permission of the designer? And so on. In fact, I would be interested in a whole show segment or forum topic, or whatever it takes so that I understand this stuff. Good question, KT.
              Sharon in Colorado

Originally posted by KTDesigns
              The Rhapsody Quilt is a great concept!! Everyone's sketches look wonderful. I'm still working on mine and will post when I get something that really speaks to me. I'm looking forward to learning more about putting this quilt together - of course I'm still fairly new to all this. Being new to the quilt world I have a question regarding giving credit where credit is due. I'm considering putting a quilt in our state fair contest - possibly the Rhapsody quilt if it turns out well. The design that I make will be original but I'm assuming that I still need to note that the concept of Rhapsody Quilt comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? And I'm also assuming that it's ok to enter the Rhapsody Quilt that I make in a contest even though the idea comes from Ricky Tims - is this right? I'm trying to be very conscious of copyright stuff - any info would be much appreciated.

KT in Tennessee

Comment

Yes, I'd love to see a show or a blog entry about working in Photoshop. I use Paint Shop PRo when I want to use a painting type program and I use Corel Draw for a drawing type program but I know you can do a lot of the same things in most any graphic program. Even if we don't actually have Photoshop, I'm sure that a show about how you use it to design would help us all with the other programs we use, too. regards, cwade1211

Comment

There are many of you that want everything revealed all at once, but I assure you that is not possible. I have many many things to tend to in my daily chores and adding these videos has added an extra two early hours to my mornings - no complaint, but the goal is to have you WATCH me make the quilt. I'll explain as I go, but you don't have to keep up with me if you don't want to. Some will - some won't. Thank you for understanding.

That is why I won't get into the dyeing process, but it is part of making this quilt - so you'll see it, but I can't get sidetracked with that bit of information or I'll never get the quilt made. Thanks for understanding.

When I can, I will turn on the camera and computer and do a bit of manipulation in Photoshop. However, like Dave, the paper and pencil method is really the fastest and most efficient way to get the design done. If you are a computer whiz with the program you want to use then it might be about the same, but ultimately I"m more interested in making the quilt than making a computer sketch. There are pros and cons for both.

Nite nite - Ricky in stormy Huerfano County Colorado.

Comment

Ricky
                    I think we understand and frankly I`m not sure how you and Alex do all the things you do, after all this show is only a small part of the day in and day out, you did have a busy life before the show and NOW :!: :!: :!:
                    So on that note I think I`ll take a few ZZZZZ`s myself .....Jean

Comment

Hi Ricky
                      Is it possible to hand draw the corner segment of the design on paper like you did, then scan into computer instead of taking photo? Then you could use a program to manipulate it, mirroring etc. Thanks for the video blogs, love the bears :lol: especially as here in rainy UK the nearest I get to wildlife is the squirrels who have pinched all the cherries off my tree! :cry: Really looking forward to next lot of shows. Keep up the good work, you and Alex!!. Will post my efforts when I have managed to produce something worth looking at!!!!!
                      lmcfood

Comment

Originally posted by RickyTims
                        Would you all like to see me work in Photoshop sometime? It is not a drawing program, but the overall aspects are similar. Curious Ricky in Colorado, USA

We're ready when you are.

cc in Tulsa

Comment

Ricky, do you use a Wacom tablet to draw in Photoshop? I saw one last week for the first time and they are amazing. Seems to me it might be easier because I can't free-hand draw and it's a lot of trouble to put dots along your line, then drag them until they're the way you want. Sounds like I know enough about PS to be dangerous, doesn't it?!

For anyone considering PS, it's a great program with so many dimensions. It would take years to learn everything it does. I've found some online video tutorials and they are very helpful, since I'm a visual learner.

I'm excited about combing PS and quilting.

BTW, thanks ever so much for giving up an extra 2 hours sleep to give us the videos for the rhapsody quilt. I'm not sure I could do that!! I really love to sleep.

Everybody have a great weekend, Sharon in NW TN

Comment

Sorry, I'm not in NW TN -- I'm in NE TN

Sharon

Comment

I use a Wacom tablet to work in Corel Draw. Yes they are great. It is easier to get nice flowing lines using the pen rather than a mouse. I also find that my hand and arm don't get so tired using it. (I even play Free Cell with my pen) Refnining is still needed using the other graphic tools. When designing in a draw program, it is easy to keep what you like and delete what is not so great. Check out my profile. The design on the far right is my first. Loved the middle, was not wild about the shape of the outside element. So I played for a while and I think I am much happier with the one on the left. If you have more question about the use of the tablet I will be glad to help if I can. Betty Ann smilin' in Florida

Comment

They BOTH look like winners to me, Bettyann! I'll have to check out the Wacom tablet. I'll tell my DH it's for him to use with Free Cell!
                                SEW LONG!
                                Margo in SE Tennessee

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2070 users online. 198 members and 1872 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X