Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Dear Jane Progress

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Wedding Ring
    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
    working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
    Tired.
    Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
    BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Originally posted by dogquilter
      I am contemplating on becoming a Janiac. What do you suggest to be the best way to start?

Buy the Book?

Join the Block of the Month 19.95 per month?

Buy the electric software?

Or something else.

Thank you
      Hi Judy!

I joined the BOM from Stitchin' Heaven b/c I don't have a great selection of fabrics to choose from and the monthly routine of it arriving. I got the book... so fun to read! And I bought the software b/c I love paper piecing. I will PP as many blocks as I can.

I got my book & software (along w/ Dear Hannah) from ebay. I just kept checking in and won this within just a few dollars of my top bid. whew!

I have only installed the software, not gone through it. I have another month, right? :wink: I come to the computer and get so sucked in the internet vortex... and then I'm out of time! I need to find the progress check off list someone here mentioned.

Joyce
      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
      Tired.
      Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
      BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Joyce, if you go to Yahoo.com the DJ Retreats group has a spread sheet in the files section that is probably what you want.

Marge
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        Tired.

Comment

Joyce, that sounds like what I am going to do. I signed up for the BOM already with Stichin Heaven. I have been watching ebay for the book and CD too. I have a bit on a book right now. There was one CD and then it was gone, so I know I should grab it when I do find it. I am excited to get started. I have many Christmas gifts to do before that so I am happy that the BOM starts in January.

Thank you
          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
          Tired.

Comment

Thanks Marge... I assume I have to join?

Judy, I'm so excited you are doing the BOM too! I hope you get your bid.

Joyce
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired.

Comment

It has been a long time since I posted on the forum. I am glad to see that you all are making progress.
              There are many ways to do your blocks and triangles. One of the one's that inspires me it the website http://www.dearjane.com. They have a BOW Block of the Week and TOW Triangle of the week challenge. You can do the suggested block or triangle, or if it seems to hard, you can choose an easier one. You have from the time of posting until the following Sunday at midnight to finish your block or triangle. If you get one done each week imagine how proud you can be of your accomplishment.
              Another suggestion is to prep a diamond or a block and have it set in a baggie with your traveling piecing kit. Then when you are waiting in a doctor's office or other time consuming place, you can piece a DJ block or triangle and feel so good about the time not wasted. I even take my kit from the waiting room to the examining room. Twice the piecing in one visit.
              My quilt retreat was entirely spent on a Christmas quilt and I didn't find time for Jane. After the 1st of the year I will really get going on this. My goal is to try to do a BOW and TOW each week in 2008. I will not make it a New Year's resolution...they always seem to fail, but a goal.
              Have a great Thanksgiving, Karen Wright in S.W. Ohio
              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
              Tired.

Comment

I have been squeezing a block or two in between Quilting the Psalms and a round robin I'm doing. Plus a new job! Ha

Haven't even counted my blocks, lately. Let's see. Looks like about 37 of the little buggers!
                Lynn

Comment

At quilt guild last night, 2 friends were talking about their DJ progress. I think they started meeting together once a month in June. One has 35 blocks done and one has 85.

I really want to keep at this once I start in January! I don't want to think of 240 blocks... so will take 10 a month and keep at it. :wink:

Joyce
                  Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                  Tired.

Comment

Joyce I will be starting in January too. We can encourage one another to stay up with the months. I can't wait to start a fresh quilt. I have even had a dream about the dear Jane quilt
                    Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                    Tired.

Comment

I received my Dear Jane book today. Can't wait to thumb through it. I ordered the CD today from Amazon.com for 37 dollars. January is around the corner.
                      Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                      Tired.

Comment

Today I made the first DJ block in over a month, and it felt so good!! The DWR is quilted and bound, so now there is plenty of time to get back to my DJ's and diamonds. How wonderful to get going on them again.. Marge
                        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                        Tired.

Comment

Quiltingrandma, please post a photo of your DWR quilt. I love that pattern too.
                          Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                          Tired.

Comment

I have nine DJ blocks made. I'm hand piecing and hand appliqueing them. It's alot of fun, but some of the blocks are quite a challenge! I work on ALOT of projects all the time, so I don't know when I'll finish the DJ. I went to a lecture by Brenda Papadakis last January at Road to California Show and it was fun to see what other people had done with their blocks. Mine are being made with Civil War repro fabrics.

Comment

I am a multi-task quilter too. I always have at least 5 different quilts going all the time. I do finish quilts.

I just got my EQ Dear Jane CD today. I finally have it all installed and have been playing with the different features. I even added my own scanned fabric and tried it in the A1 block. This is a fun new toy for me.

Comment

Sounds like a neat program. I've just used the book and the old fashioned method of templates. I'm trying to use a different fabric for each block, so I'm keeping a chart with fabric swatches that I can refer back to. Does the program do this for you?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1998 users online. 170 members and 1828 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X