Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

The Summer Quilt Project with Robin Long -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a 12” centre already from a president unfinished projects, so I went ahead with the 28” circle. Robin, your book and videos are incredible. With both of these the process was easy. I will redoe thé 12”, i really don’t like it with the other, I have time to look through my stash for better matching fabrics. Now to find something matchy matchy for the centres
    Last edited by Monique L.; 08-13-2023, 08:39 PM.
    Monique 
    Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

The instructions and tutorials have been great up to this point! But now I'm confused!! On the chart on pg 2 of the Compass Sunflower Construction instructions the cutting instructions for "28 inch" do not match the instructions in the pattern and the video. Why is there a difference or am I looking at the wrong thing on pg.2?

Comment

• williamskay commented
        Editing a comment
        Nevermind--I found the correct page!!!!

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! Glad you figured it out!

I am loving making this quilt.

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        This looks awesome! So glad you are enjoying the process!

Enjoying the project. I have decide to make several smaller compasses. The 60 inches is too big at the moment.
      JET

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks really good! Glad you are enjoying this project!

Loving this project and learning a lot! Thanks Robin!
      Stella

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Love this more subtle version and your alternating colored points! Glad you are learning some new things!

Is there any more videos coming to show how to make those dark points and finishing into the 60” wall hanging? Enjoy making this project so far and your instructions are very good.

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! The next videos for the Dresden band, Petals, and finishing will be dropped early next month. I will also be doing a FB Live on September 5th ash 10am PST to highlight some of these details. Glad you are enjoying the project so far!

Sunflower ring completed. Was quite a challenge. Hope it will flatten out a bit more with the next round. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! You're making good progress and I love your color choices! It looks like you might be overpressing a bit and stretching out your Background Triangles. It actually doesn't look too bad at this point, and I do think this may work itself out when you appliqué this onto the Dresden band in the next step. Since you have already prepared it for appliqué, I would just leave it as is for now.
        Next time if you have fullness after putting the two blocks together and haven't pressed the edge under for appliqué, I have had some success getting rid of some of this fullness by spraying some water around the perimeter of the block and patting it down with your hands to help the fibers shrink back up a bit. Let it sit a minute, and then use a dry iron to press straight down. This usually gets the fabric to lay flatter.
        Again, don't worry about it for now - I think it looks really good!

I redid my 12” centre, I really did not like my previous colour choices. Happy with the results so far. all hand appliqué .Robin, I’m ready for Tuesday.
      Monique 
      Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great! Glad you are enjoying the process!

Okay, I will go first! I finished my second medallion that I used for my FB Lives and thought I would share some pics of it. I think I know what background I will use to turn it into a quilt. Stay tuned and I will post a pic when it is all finished!
      Hope to see what your progress soon! Can't wait to see what you are creating!

Comment

Woohoo, I’m almost done. I’ve been hand sewing the circles but had to see how the petals will look like. All basted ready to be hand sewn. It will need a good press at the end. Thanks Robin.
        Monique 
        Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good!

Dresden ring done, petals are sewn on. I was thinking of getting a background fabric, since I added my cardinal in the center, but my husband voted to leave it as a circle. So I will proceed with the felt backing. I am thrilled with how it all came together!
        Robin, I will see you in Houston at the quilt festival. I always enjoy your booth!

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks go good! Yay! Thanks for joining in and I look forward to seeing you in Houston. It will be here before we know it!

I have enjoyed making this quilt!!! Thank you Robin. I am ready to applique it to the background.

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay! This looks so good! Thanks for joining in and glad you are enjoying this sew along! Hope you'll post the finished quilt.

Just need to add my petals.

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good! Thanks for joining in and hope you'll post more of your progress. Thank you!

I made my sample block out of Halloween fabrics and the center on my embroidery machine. Liked it so much, I decided to make a Halloween project quilt, before I make the winter wreath.
        Last edited by Carol R.; 09-29-2023, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I love this! So fun to make a Halloween version - can't wait to see what you do for the Dresdens and petals. Do you mind if I share your idea? Keep up the great work!

This is the quilt I made. I have enjoyed learning how this technique.
        JET

Comment

• Robin commented
          Editing a comment
          So fun to see your creative adventure using my rulers and method and love how you are making this your own! Love all the color!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2340 users online. 486 members and 1854 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,287  
      Welcome to our newest member, Betty King-jimbrett0712.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X