Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

The Summer Quilt Project with Robin Long -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my practice block. It was so much fun to make. Thanks, Robin, for the great tutorial! I can't wait to start the actual block!
    Becky Shaffer
    Bedford, PA

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Love your fussy cut center!

I made 2 practice blocks. The first one, with the pink center measured 11 1/2 inches, I tried again . The next one was slightly better. I sewed them back to back to make a pillow. Next I experimented with a 6 inch block. I'm thinking of making mug rugs to give out as gifts. I give up on showing the other pictures When I try to put the other picture in, it only shows the picture below and not the one I just resized, when I go to my file the picture is in there.

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Yes, there are lots of creative projects you can make! Mug rugs are great!

My sample block, I love this technique, the directions were excellent!! It needs to be ironed...

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Yes, pressing is key to making these blocks and yours doesn't look like it needs too much more.

I found this daring Santa fabric at a LCS and think it works wonderfully as my center

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! The centers of these blocks are great creative opportunities!

Voila! I did it. I was nervous about doing this project but Robin’s step by step instructions were so well written both the practice and project block went more smoothly than expected. Can’t wait to sew the next set of blocks.
    Stella

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yay! So glad you took the leap and are having success! Love your blocks!

Practice block completed, what a learning experience! Will use Kaffe Fasset fabrics in my wallhanging.

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Hoping you are enjoying the learning experience - and maybe learning some new things?

The one on the bottom was my practice block which I got carried away and used the 2nd piece for the 3rd piece (same fabric) so I said “Oh well”. The one on the top Was my second attempt but it’s hard to get the variety of color change, picking from my own stash of fabric. But I will keep rolling on it. Haven’t decided on the centers yet.

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's why I always recommend making a practice block to get all those "aha" moments out of the way. Your blocks look great! Contrast is key to get those points to stand out. Making sure the three Point strip fabrics contrast with the Background strip helps, and your second block shows that.

My finished Mariners compass, ready for the next step.

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your colorful block! Looks great!

I'm in Spain with a limited stash of batiks. I haver NO idea what fabrics will be used for the second and third phases of this quilt, but it doesn't matter. I am so in awe of Robin's mind, it blows me away how she came up with this process. It's pure geometry, pure GENIUS! Thanks, Robin, I'm enjoying this so much!

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      So glad you are enjoying my rulers and method! Your comments just make my whole day - thanks for the positive feedback! Love your vibrant block, and am sure you will have fun figuring out the next elements.

Comment

• Robin commented
      Editing a comment
      These look great, Carrie! Hope you're having some fun with this project!

Robin, thank you! This is so much fun. Great class this morning, next round on tomorrow's agenda

Comment

Robin, your instructions are so clear and thorough I had no problems doing my practice and then quilt block. Thank you. I can't wait to find a use for my practice block...a tote, maybe.

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! These blocks look great and I appreciate the positive feedback! Lots of places you can put a beautiful compass block!

So far so good! This has been a challenge for me since I am left handed… instructions are great just takes a while to do the trimming… turning the book upside down helps. Thanks Robin for the great instructions!

Comment

• Marge P. commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful!!

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        This looks fantastic, Angie! Glad my tips for lefties have been helpful! Keep up the great work!

Your rulers and instructions make this process so enjoyable. My center is only pinned, and I need to press the second outer border. To me, pressing the outer circle edge is the trickiest part. I did find a cute Christmas cardinal in my stash for the center!

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great and I love your cute cardinal! Glad you have had fun and success with this project! Keep up the great work!l

I'm absolutely LOVING THIS PROJECT! I have Robin's video right beside my sewing machine and follow along step by step, stopping to catch up as it progresses. (Can't believe how FLAT this project is so far.) Robin, you are an EXCELLENT teacher in my opinion! You've thought of everything and give clear direction. This has been a welcome challenge and I can't wait for next month's video. TQS...thanks so much for arranging for this project to be offered. I always learn so much from TQS.

Comment

• Robin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay! Great to get all your positive feedback. Love your color combination and yes, TQS is a great resource!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2296 users online. 452 members and 1844 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,287  
    Welcome to our newest member, Betty King-jimbrett0712.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X