Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kool Kaleidoscope -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Here's mine all sewn together. As I look through these photos I am blown away by the spectacularly beautiful quilts. Looking forward to the final class and wondering how I will quilt it!.

Comment

• candygarrido commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the little touch of blue!

• Jill M. commented
        Editing a comment
        You got hearts! ❤️ Your colors are wonderful and your design is really striking. Looks like houses I’m a circle.

Here is my kaleidoscope quilt on the design wall almost ready to sew together! I have enjoyed the process and hope it continues to go together well!

Comment

[QUOTE=Barbara Black;n886796]Louise there is helpful info on how to upload photos on the Forum. Use the Search the Forum button is you don't want to scroll down the list of topics. It's called How to Upload Photos Step by Step and I posted it several places, including in Ricky Tims' Classroom.[/QUOTE]

I have posted my strata earlier and that worked out just fine so something else is acting up.
        I tried to edit my post and add the picture but no. I'll try in this post and we'll see what happens. It seems to work!
        What I'm showing is the width of my piece, not terribly exciting ;)
        Si vis pacem, para pacem.

Comment

I am away from my stash. Need to go fabric shopping. LOL!
          NANCY

Comment

Not sure about all the white in the last rows.

Comment

This project has been so much fun - can't wait to put on border and quilt it! Thanks Ricky!

Comment

• Linda R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Becky, this is beautiful. Love the colors.

• Linda R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Becky A., this is beautiful & love the colors.

Finally got it cut out. Hopefully I can get the wedges sewn together today.

Comment

I thought I had posted mine, but it did not show up, so I will try again. Units cut, but not sewn. First time I have used
                a design wall, and after this it won't be the last. Used batiks from my stash. HelenW

Comment

The circle is complete. It's a full inch wider than it should be, 37.5" instead of 36.5". That's due to seam allowance--must have a few that are slightly too narrow. It's square so I'm OK with that.

Ricky mentioned some might have tricks for getting the center to align. Whenever I have more than 6 seams coning together, and this one has 12, I pin the center then machine baste for about an inch--using a big stitch length--5.5. I check to see how it looks and can quickly pull out the basting and try again. This took two attempts. I leave the basting in place until the seam is completely sewn. If I can then remove the basting stitches, I do--it often takes tweezers. A lot easier to remove basting stitches than regular sewing stitches to get it as close to perfect as I can.

Eager to play with borders tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Barbara B.; 08-05-2021, 11:11 AM.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Lynne H. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So pretty. I have a question……could you show the back? What I really want to know is how to press the seams when joining the 12 wedges. Thanks

• Patti Jo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the tip on the center. I need to try to improve mine!

All sewn! Looking forward to tomorrow. I think I might hand sew the middle points to force them to line up- either that or a button :). I had really wanted that red field but since I had red & pink in my last strata I was afraid they would blend into each other in a bad way so I added a thin strip of blue to my weggies and butts which I think worked out well.

Comment

• mesloat999 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Adding lines to the wedges and butts are a really good idea.

[QUOTE=Lahoefer;n886848]So pretty. I have a question……could you show the back? What I really want to know is how to press the seams when joining the 12 wedges. Thanks[/QUOTE]

I pressed all the seams open when joining the units in each wedge and then joining the wedges to each other. I will add another photo.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Oh My! These are addictive! I see more in my future. Can't wait to see the borders go on.
                    Brenda Crisci
                    Dare to Dream

Comment

I am so excited after discovering Ricky's YouTube videos. I have always been a fan of kaleidoscopes and quilting them is no exception!
                      Ginette
                      Last edited by ginette s.; 08-05-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I did it! I’m surprised and thrilled with how easily this came together. I bought the Kool Kaleidoscope book last year so this class is exactly what I needed to actually try it. Such fun! This pattern and Ricky’s instruction are genius!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2518 users online. 312 members and 2206 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X