Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished is better than perfect. Thank you Barbara. Always look forward to your lives.

Comment

This reply by ShirleyRL has been deleted by ShirleyRL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3845.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	1,008.7 KB
ID:	898172 My top is finished! Thanks to Sarah for this fun pattern and to Barbara for her added tips and tricks.

My top is done! This was quite a journey but a fun one. Thanks to Sarah for this fun pattern and to Barbara for her tips and tricks! I didn’t plan on the colour placement and once completed I can see some areas I would have changed, but overall I’m very happy. I was determined to just use my stash and succeeded.

Comment

Finally done…
        on to 2024 BOM

Comment

Royal Blue background
          thankful to be done. Now to
          hand quilt.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Gypsybobbin, Beautiful, do you use a hoop when hand quilting and I would love it if you describe
            your process. I was thinking I would like to do that also, but have never hand quilted. HelenW

Helen W. I haven’t decided
          I do have a big round hoop I can use
          But for traveling I will large stitch baste then criss cross, up down and across.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info. I will be checking back to see if you post your progress. HelenW

I had decided a few months ago that I would not include the last border, but looking at this photo, I think one is needed. I don't want it to be too much bigger and oops, I guess a longarm quilter will need more fabric all around also. I am open to suggestions if anyone is still checking this forum page. I was thinking of a simple keyboard border???? Not sure that would complement the overall pattern.

I would not have gotten to this point without Barbara and the forum and Sarah's beautiful pattern.Thank you all.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Your piano key border would work. An even simpler solution is to add a pretty floral border, not real strong or busy, just something with colors that compliment your top so far.

Thank you, Barbara. I am not doing Pick a Petal, but will watch your videos anyway, as I learn so much from you. Thank you again for the past year's guidance.

Comment

This is my first applique quilt and I have loved it very much. I enjoy being out of my sewing room and in the living room with my family. I do not have free-motion quilting experience and do not have it in my budget for custom quilting. I have enjoyed "big stitch" quilting in the past. Has anyone considered hand quilting with Pearle cotton and a big stitch? I am currently on month 9 but am looking forward to planning the next phase! I have enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful creations.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Look at the beautiful big stitch quilting on Pick A Petal, the 2024 BOM. There are photos on the BOM page and you can see it and Jen Kingwell’s description about it on her Show.

“And that’s a wrap”! This was a challenge at times but I love the finished quilt. I tried to make the border look somewhat like Northern Lights around the cabins. Thank you to Sarah Felke, Barbara Black and TQS for another great project.

Comment

Originally posted by gradyk View Post
              I had decided a few months ago that I would not include the last border, but looking at this photo, I think one is needed. I don't want it to be too much bigger and oops, I guess a longarm quilter will need more fabric all around also. I am open to suggestions if anyone is still checking this forum page. I was thinking of a simple keyboard border???? Not sure that would complement the overall pattern.

I would not have gotten to this point without Barbara and the forum and Sarah's beautiful pattern.Thank you all.
              Karen, Here are a couple ideas to let you see what a border might look like. I could not find a flower fabric like Barbara
              suggested, but that would look great too. HelenW
              CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

Comment

• Karen commented
                Editing a comment
                Helen,
                Thank you so much for these suggestions. You helped me immensely months ago by suggesting a narrow border to bring the center block up to the correct size when I hadn't realized how much machine appliqué (on untreated fabric) would shrink the fabric. I might repeat the i/4 inch pink dot border around the edge. I love the narrow borders in orange you have created Thank you.
                Karen

• Carol G. commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the 2 on the left for border options

Woohoo, finished
              Homeward Bound. I used Kaffe fabrics. Got waylaid when My husband had surgery and then we moved. Thanks to an ice storm I had time to finish the top.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautifully done. Love your coneflowers.

It is finally done. I used the TQS kit to make it, but used the background confetti to make the eyes of the birds, so they are a little bug-eyed. LOL. I learned a lot doing this quilt and it sharpened my quilting skills esp since I had not done applique like this before.
              Teri

Comment

My BOM 2023 is complete! I finished machine quilting it and adding binding this week. Yay! I’m going to hang it over the railing of our loft above the family room. A very fun project!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jo Anne, Did you just echo stitch around applique and stitch in the ditch on pieced units? Also
                  did you do it on a domestic machine? I have been dragging my feet on completing the outside
                  borders. Need to just get it done. HelenW

This is my BMO, Homeward Bound. I enjoyed making this quilt and even after quilting for fifty years I learned from Sarah Fielke. However, I needed to make my quilt larger since our fair requires a 324 inch perimeter to qualify for Grand Champion. If you win Grand Champion you proceed to a regional competition and a win there sends your quilt to a Provincial competition. (I live in Ontario, Canada). My quilt is now 89 x89. The biggest challenge was the last border. I had to call on my granddaughter with a math degree to assist me.
                I really think Sarah’s pattern is prize worthy. Here’s hoping.

Comment

• lehab375 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really like the colors of your quilt. I hope your quilt does well in competition.
                  Linda

• Carol G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That turned out really nice! I like the 4 petal flower in place of the heart. Good luck on the competition! Keep us informed

• Lynnanne commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Myra, this is beautiful. Congratulations

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1985 users online. 153 members and 1832 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X