Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Please use this Topic to show your wonderful completed top. We really want to SEE what you did!
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I finally quilted my top, here is the result. I am happy that I left some negative space on top and bottom for some feathers

Comment

• Shirley R. commented
      Editing a comment
      So beautiful! Your quilting is lovely and enhances the quilt design!

• Renee M. commented
      Editing a comment
      beautiful and love that added border.

• Donna M. commented
      Editing a comment
      how fabulous!

Absolutely love everything about your quilt!!! Congrats!

Comment

• commented
      Editing a comment
      Your added border is so nice. I would love to copy it, but I don't know if I will have the energy after finishing the quilt.

She is done complete with binding. LOVE this quilt.
    Last edited by Renee M.; 12-11-2023, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Donna M. commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like you choices of quilting motifs including the little sun and the trail of chimney smoke.

Top done now to get it quilted

Comment

Thank you ladies for posting your finishes. I am enlarging them & it is helping me get the stars straight in my head as I get to that point.
      Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

This was WAY out of my color comfort zone, and there are LOTS of mistakes that I didn’t bother to correct, but in my book, “finished is better than perfect”, and I’m glad that it is done!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          This proves a quilt doesn't have to be Custom quilted to be lovely and useful.

Here is my finished quilt top. I have enjoyed making it, been challenged along the way but so pleased with end result. It now has to join a queue for quilting.

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your colors!

Quilt top complete! Yea!
        France 

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Frances, your fabric choices are lovely.

• Frances commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Barbara. The lighting in the picture was not the best so I appreciate your comment.

This is the most complex quilt I have ever made and I am thrilled with it!!! Barbara’s blog helped immensely as did everyone who shared their struggles, tips & successes on the forum. This was my 1st TQS BOM even though I’ve been a member for a few years. The colors & geometric design appealed to me. Plus, I retired in 2022, so I knew I'd have time. I didn’t buy the kit, mostly used my own stash except for the background fabric.
        It was a challenge at times. I made smaller, easier birds. I made sure to trim my colored strips on the last border to the 9.5”, they were all too long by at least ¼”. The next to last borders were too long, so I took them apart at the leaf block & shortened. Pat Sloan said on a recent video that unsewing is part of the quilting process, so I keep that in mind now LOL
        Whoever decided to release months 11 & 12 together, thank you!

Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful, Carol!

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Carol G. You have been a complete joy to have making comments and enjoying the whole year of
          stitching. Your quilt turned out wonderful. It is the colors you used made a very busy quilt look peaceful. I especially like your blues, yellows and purples. Great job. Looking forward to next year.
          That pattern looks like your style since you really liked this one. I will probably go off in my own
          direction again. I like the pieced blocks and center, I am a little tired of flowers. I am thinking
          maybe using butterfly blocks or bird blocks for the second ring of blocks. What ever I do. it will be
          fun. I still have my houses and logs to do for this year. HelenW

• Carol G. commented
          Editing a comment
          Helen - thank you so much for your kind words! I know a forum or a group is only as good as its members. I try to contribute because I have found help from members who post. You always have good comments for all of us.
          This was my first TQS BOM. I don't plan on participating next year. I want to get back to piecing, and using up scraps!

quilt top is done! I am going to custom quilt it on my Bernina Q24. The green fabric will be my backing.

Comment

Used all my own fabrics, except for background. Didn’t do anything for 3 months and really worked hard the last 3 months to get it finished. I don’t have a wall large enough to display if for a photo and I couldn’t get the new picture uploaded!

Comment

Finally the top is done. May fix the bird on the left top side or not. Month 11 and 12 were easy to do.

Comment

• Carol G. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the reds!

• brigitte.wieser commented
              Editing a comment
              How beautiful, it looks great in Red/White ! Congratulations !

Comment

I am grateful to be done! After a few months, I decided to stop hand applique and do machine appliqués. Otherwise, I’d be working on this till next year. It’s imperfectly perfect, simply because it’s finished!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1117 users online. 207 members and 910 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,210   Posts: 155,002   Members: 25395   Active Members: 1,530  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X