Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Very important info about bias stem fabrics

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very important info about bias stem fabrics

· The issue:
    After reviewing the pattern and fabric requirements for our 2023 Block of the Month quilt Homeward Bound, we realized that the information submitted to us about the fabric used for the bias tape on the quilt was unintentionally omitted.

But not to worry! Each person who bought the Kit will receive two HALF YARD cuts of these two green fabrics: MATCHA and SHIRE.

No need to request--everyone who bought the KIT will automatically receive the package to the same address the Kit was shipped to.

No charge for the fabric or shipping--we just want to make it right for our members.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: SAVE ONE OF THESE HALF YARDS FOR MONTH 7--when we make the wide applique border that has the birds in it. Month 7 requires one half yard of fabric for those bias stems.

Use the OTHER HALF YARD to get started on MONTH 1 now. There are small straight bias stems in Month 1 that do not have to be cut on the bias. In Month 2 you will want to cut on the bias. Sarah as an excellent Video in Month1 that shows her method for preparing narrow bias stems--you will want to WATCH the VIDEOS before beginning.

The kit includes a 3" strip of SHIRE--you can cut the four stems, 3/4" x 8", as the pattern instructions say and be ready for Month 1. If you prefer to save SHIRE for MONTH 7, that works too.

I was just notified my package is due to arrive Tuesday January 3 so I expect the rest of the shipments to start making their way around the world very soon.

REMEMBER, you can always choose one of your own green fabrics to get started on Month 1, something that looks great with the Kit. This also allows you to make this quilt your own. That is what I did when I started the pattern testing in September. My kit arrived mid-November,.
    Last edited by Barbara B.; 12-30-2022, 11:30 AM.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Thanks for all your prep work, Barbara, to make things easier for us!
    It is much appreciated!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Thanks so much Barbara, I was wondering about the half yard of green fabric that I couldn't seem to find in my kit.

Comment

I had placed an order from the shop and the stem fabric arrived yesterday with that order!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

• Sharon P. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that peachy color..is this Tula Pink’s?

Thank you Barbara and The Quilt Show.

Comment

My fabrics arrived today with something else I ordered from the Store, the Bountiful Fruit kit.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

I want to say thank you to the person/people who created the online pattern. So often logos and other things are so large and have different colored backgrounds that use so much ink to print that I shy away from printing what I need. Your pattern has all the information to create this great quilt but not the fancy colors and extras. Thank you.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you noticed. I agree with you about online printing of patterns.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but thank you for making month 1 a single document. I hope that is the plan for the rest of the year. It is confusing to have multiple files each month.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, each month there is usually only one document. There might be two if the pattern pieces are provided separately. But not usually more than two.

Is bias 1/2 yards fabrics shipping? I haven’t received shipping notification.

Comment

• Ann W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Same question - I haven't received the stem fabric yet. Thanks

The additional fabrics are being shipped right now and all are expected to be shipped out this week. No need to request them, you will receive them automatically.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

• Ann W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks so much. I just got an email confirming that my fabric just shipped.

I had my kit sent to an American address, 3 hours round trip from here. Going there for 2- 1/2 yard pieces of fabric seems excessive. Is it possible to have it sent to me in Canada at: Wendy Murdoch, 2517 4th Street South, Cranbrook, BC Canada V1C 5C5? I can contact John if that is preferable.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
              Editing a comment
              It has probably been shipped. Call customer service, the phone number is at the bottom of each page.

ah ha! it worked! Thanks Barbara

Comment

Actually I am confused, is there no pattern for the BOM"s. I'm not sure exactly how to start this project. There does not seem to be any direction. Don;t know if I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Actually I am confused, is there no pattern for the BOM"s. I'm not sure exactly how to start this project. There does not seem to be any direction. Don;t know if I am missing something.
                You must be logged in as Star Member. Go to LEARN, 2023 BOM, you should see the Introduction/Fabric Requirements information at the top, Facebook LIVE info next, and then Month 1. Under View you will first see the Videos--two this month. Tab over to Patterns/Documents to find the Pattern.

If you don't see Month 1 you are either not logged in or are not an active Star Member. Check your Dashboard for your account status.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

Where can I get a breakdown of background fabric requirements for each border? I would like to create different colored borders.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is a Sticky Topic on the first page of this Forum with that information.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2084 users online. 212 members and 1872 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X