Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 1 -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my version of Month 1. I will need to redo 2 of the star points as I ran into the problem of not having a quarter inch seam allowance there.

My fabric choice is an interesting one I went shopping after Christmas and bought mostly solids but also a few batiks. I am excited about my color palette and look forward to work with it as we go along. However all of the fabric you see except the background came from my stash!
    Last edited by Kati; 01-12-2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Judith A. commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the plaid!

• Kati commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you Judith, I have just a few inches left, I am hoping to have enough for a star centre but we'll see.

Just found out about this BOM two days ago, and I'm jumping in head first! I'm going for a Valentine's theme, and I'm planning on just using fabric I have. Still deciding on the stems and star points.
    Find me on Instagram @tessaraewilliams!

Comment

Originally posted by JudithA View Post
      Love the pets! How did you do them?
      Judith,
      I googled cat and dog silhouettes. Took a screen shot of two and when I went to print on our iMac, I put 30% the original
      size. Then I printed it on freezer paper and ironed that to a scrap of black ultra suede (it does not fray) that had steam
      a seam on the scrap and cut it out. fused to the block, and straight stitch small stitches. HelenW

Comment

• Judith A. commented
        Editing a comment
        Helen, thank you so very much. Sounds like a great method. I will have to look for some Ultrasuade. Thank you for sharing! Judy

Originally posted by hollyminer View Post
      Just adding mine to the crowd.
      Holly, Your quilt looks like it will go well with your avatar quilt. I have the star point fabric in my stash too. Love it. HelenW

Comment

One for practice, it takes me longer to figure out how to post than to make the block! Lol
        Carol P

Comment

Theresa Manning, quilter, Vermont

Comment

Comment

• Pam T. commented
              Editing a comment
              Since the quilt is called Homeward Bound I have tried to make the center square look like my own home. It is machine and hand appliquéd and thread painted.

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Pam, What a great idea. I bet this is not the only creative idea you put in your Homeward Bound quilt. Looking forward to what you do in the months ache. Really like the fabrics you chose.HelenW

Completed today! Like many, I headed to EQ8 as well and made a foundation pattern but printed it out on freezer paper & pieced using Wendy Williams method. Cathy.

Comment

I used Sarah's method for the 1/4" stems. Seems to take longer than the bias maker, but I will stay with it for awhile to give it a fair try. The house pieces were very small!

Comment

Month 1 is completed! I used the hera marker for the first time and I really liked the way it worked. I'm not as handy with it during the ironing process, but I bet I will be by the time we're done.
                Ellen Lindow
                Plant City, FL

Comment

Month one is done and it’s only mid-January and likely the only time I will be on track. Liked the Hera marker method for bias strips, house was constructed twice before passing inspection.
                  terri s.
                  Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

My first Quilt Show BOM. Here’s month 1. I’m doing mine scrappy, picking fabrics as I go, but it will generally be a different black-and-white for each sections background, and then bright colors for the main pieces.

Comment

• Judith A. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Black and white for backgrounds is a great idea. That will tie it all together. Joen Wolfram said that "adding black and white to a quilt adds sparkle," so yours will look great!

Reposting with the completed month! I went with an ombre purple with stars for my star points, and found a red and white stripe in my scrap bin for my stems! Going for a Valentine's theme with red/pink/purple color palette.
                    Find me on Instagram @tessaraewilliams!

Comment

Finished month one, I went with a "Woodland" theme so have a gnome/fairy house appliquéd in the middle.
                      Last edited by Linda Lee; 01-16-2023, 05:06 PM.
                      Linda Lee
                      Riverview, Florida

Comment

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1146 users online. 208 members and 938 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X