Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 1 -- ask questions here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My test quilt so far, through month 5, with corner stars from month 6.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Deb B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful!

• commented
      Editing a comment
      So gorgeous. Love the colors which is giving me more ideas.

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
    Barbara, Love, Love, Love your quilt so far thru month 5. The colors are so cheerful and happy. That is great when it
    is rainy and snowy and gray outside in North Idaho.But I do really like the light grey background fabric.It really makes the colors POP. Bet a lot of the TQS BOMers are going to click on it and really study the blocks
    that will be coming. I know I will. Thank you for posting it. HelenW

PS Just wondering why you posted it under Month 1 Ask Questions???
    Last edited by Helen W.; 01-18-2023, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a reply to the person who asked about getting a kit from someone who has changed their mind.

Will The Quilt Show provide close up pictures of the BOM quilt this year? It was so helpful for last year's BOM when close ups were posted on the See Quilts - Quilts & Gallery page.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      I will see what I can do.

Originally posted by ziprose View Post
    Will The Quilt Show provide close up pictures of the BOM quilt this year? It was so helpful for last year's BOM when close ups were posted on the See Quilts - Quilts & Gallery page.
    This has been done. Add them to Your Favorites to find them again easily.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, I like your test quilt. Is it possible for me to add this to in the See Quilts/My Favorites, so I can find it again easily?

Comment

Originally posted by JudithA View Post

Barbara, I like your test quilt. Is it possible for me to add this to in the See Quilts/My Favorites, so I can find it again easily?

Judith, I just added the photo to My Quilts in the Gallery. Look for Barbara Black and you should find it. Then make it one of your Favorites and you can find it again later easily. As it gets bigger I will add more.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Judith, I just added the photo to My Quilts in the Gallery. Look for Barbara Black and you should find it. Then make it one of your Favorites and you can find it again later easily. As it gets bigger I will add more.
          Barbara, I too want to add your quilt to my favorites. I have not used this feature much, but I could not find where to type
          your name after getting to Member quilts. If I type it in top search bar I get 1101 quilts under Barbara Black, but scrolling
          thru a bunch of those I did not see it. I am missing some link that is probably right before my eyes. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Barbara, I too want to add your quilt to my favorites. I have not used this feature much, but I could not find where to type
            your name after getting to Member quilts. If I type it in top search bar I get 1101 quilts under Barbara Black, but scrolling
            thru a bunch of those I did not see it. I am missing some link that is probably right before my eyes. HelenW
            I can see it under My Quilts but not under Member Quilts. It was added last night so should be easy to find under Most Recent but it's not there. My guess is the Gallery isn't working as it should. John has enough to do at the moment so I won't bother him with this.

Can you simply save it on your computer?
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Barbara, I just took a screen shot, printed it and put in my BOM notebook. HelenW

I can't remember where I saw Sarah demonstrating making stems. Can you help? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by skazel View Post
              I can't remember where I saw Sarah demonstrating making stems. Can you help? thanks
              It is one of the two Month 1 videos. Find them under LEARN , BOM2023
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by NinaMarie View Post
                Wow, I love the tips too! I also want to add that before I did mine, I watched the segment that Sally Collins did on straight line piecing. Watching her do it, really helped. I was actually shocked that my cabin came out right the first time because I haven't done precision piecing in forever!
                Sally Collins is a treasure and taught me a lot. Search for her show on the main Search feature at the very top of each page to find her show. One of the major benefits of Star Membership is having access to ALL previous shows, so we can Learn from those who no longer teach publicly.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

I’m afraid the BOM format is going to be difficult for me. Anyone else going bonkers waiting for Month 2?
                  Deb B
                  Minnesota

Comment

• NinaMarie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm excited. Okay confession time, I decided to do it on a whim and didn't realize how much handwork it hand. I love hand work don't get me wrong but never did a BOM with so much applique. I think with this type of quilt you take a deep breath - put your big girl pants on - and do the best you can. I never did a BOM where I didn't learn a ton and all my friends say "Wow you did that" at then end. Next month will all be hand applique where it's easy to just slow down and do it. If you make a mistake - it easily comes out and put it back in. I'm sure you can do this! Don't be afraid to watch Sarah videos more than once!

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You will have plenty to do once Month 2 posts, 116 circles over months 2 and 3.

Hi Barbara, what do you think of my sample? I took 2 pieces of Ultra Clean & tear on the back, & adjusted a Satin scalloped stitch so it would circle my bloom. I like it, but what do you think? I like the scraggly edges. I had to move my bloom back & forth so my stitches remained on it. I know this is not normal, but I like the scrappiness of it. All the stabilizer tore off easily.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like it. But it is more important that you like it. It’s your quilt, you get to decide.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 999 users online. 157 members and 842 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X