Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Month 3 — SHOW YOUR PROGRESS

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzanne Chickite

Comment

• Elizabeth A. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love how the white flowers jump off the darker background.

I changed my far right flower to a sunflower and will ink in the date and the word “Ukraine” to the block. The sunflower leaf shapes are from a Google search for free leaf templates. Just add seam allowance! Now to go finish my four-patch and Dresden plate block.
    Christine
    Western WA, USA

Comment

• Jo Anne commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the fabric on your vase.

• Carolyn R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice flowers. Lovely heart leaves! Super job all the way!

I got a late start on month 2 as I spend most of February back east helping our daughter with her 2 and 4 year old as her nanny quit unexpectedly. Decided to put sunflowers in my borders. Thank you Helen for all your suggestions and helpful comments. I love all your birds and was able to get the book you recommended and added a bird to month 3 and ladybugs to month 2! They are hard with all the little pieces! Just have to finish sewing my pieced block together! Janet

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Janet, Your quilt is beautiful. Love the bird. I like your color choices. I like the way you used the same flower in your vine borders.
      Make the eye travel around the quilt. This sure is fun. HelenW

• Carolyn R. commented
      Editing a comment
      Fully agree with Comment #1, plus I like your choice of the variety of fabric for the leaves on the vine. Super job!

Block 3 done. All caught up!

Comment

Just finished mine, took a little time off. So cute!
      Linda H
      Happy Quilting 

Comment

Finished my version of Month 3. Since I am going my own direction with the appliqué I had to make my block wider for the applique. Still have work to do ON stitching of month 2. Took time out to make a little surprise place mat for a friend that
        just built a chicken house so they could have fresh eggs. Also, really enjoyed all the activities from last weekend. Learned
        tips from Ricky that I did not know. HelenW

CLICK ON FIRST PHOTO TO SEE THE ENTIRE PHOTO.

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
          Editing a comment
          Helen, it’s just so beautiful…I really admire you!

• Julie E. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the watering can. May I ask where you got the pattern for it? Or did you draw it? Awesome design you have so far.

Completed Month 3, Very first time doing hand applique. I have to say, I an Hooked!

Comment

Finish March flower pot and 4 patch block. Have decided to make the second 4 patch block, while I its fresh in my mind.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I completed my month 1 and added it to my 1 and 2. Garden Party Down Under After Dark Month 1-3.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  James, Yours is my favorite so far. Love that black After Dark background. HelenW

• KAREN M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ummmmm . . . . . FANTASTIC!

Having difficulty posting my Month 3 .
                Attached Files
                  Patricia McLaughlin

Comment

Having issues posting my photos . This is my Month 2 & 3.
                    Patricia McLaughlin

Comment

[QUOTE=Lynnanne;n892770]Helen, it’s just so beautiful…I really admire you![/QUOTE]

Lynneanne, Thank you. I always love hearing your comments. My secret is to always pick the things I love, the
                    colors, the critters, the putting different patterns together to make it what I want. You can take any pattern, even ones
                    you don't necessarily care for and just tweek it so much that it turns into something you love. Sure have fun doing it this way.
                    April block I am thinking golden mantel chipmunk and daffodils. Saw the first chipmunk since winter just yesterday. Finally starting to feel like spring in North Idaho.
                    If you are doing any quilting keep posting pictures of what you are working on. HelenW
                    Last edited by Helen W.; 03-28-2022, 08:59 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=HelenW;n892771]

Lynneanne, Thank you. I always love hearing your comments. My secret is to always pick the things I love, the
                      colors, the critters, the putting different patterns together to make it what I want. You can take any pattern, even ones
                      you don't necessarily care for and just tweek it so much that it turns into something you love. Sure have fun doing it this way.
                      April block I am thinking golden mantel chipmunk and daffodils. Saw the first chipmunk since winter just yesterday. Finally starting to feel like spring in North Idaho.
                      If you are doing any quilting keep posting pictures of what you are working on. HelenW[/QUOTE]

It sounds like fun! I’m behind on the Garden quilt because I was making a Double Wedding Ring queen size quilt for my son and his girlfriend (they aren’t getting married but I love the pattern). I’m excited to get back to the BOM now though. Enjoy your spring!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lynneanne, Double wedding ring quilts are one of my favorites. If you haven't noticed, the quilt on
                        my lap on my forum photo is a double wedding ring. Would love to see of picture of the one you are
                        working on. HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 999 users online. 155 members and 844 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X