Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 11 — THE SKYSCRAPERS Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the cutting instructions for one World Trade Center--- when it gives the quantities for the outer striped sections, are we supposed to divide the number of pieces between the two sides? It doesn't say to do that! or how do we know when to start using the different size pieces? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by carmeng View Post
      Regarding the cutting instructions for one World Trade Center--- when it gives the quantities for the outer striped sections, are we supposed to divide the number of pieces between the two sides? It doesn't say to do that! or how do we know when to start using the different size pieces? Did I miss something?
      Read the instructions carefully. The pieces cut from Colors 2 and 3 make both Outer sections.

There are only 3 lengths of each fabric. Use the size needed to fill the space on the pattern.
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

• Barbara D. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm really confused with The Centerpoint Tower. Piece #3, letter h is Tower light g is tower dark and i is background. i looks like it is the seam allowance and I'm having a hard time deciphering which color goes where as it only lists base as grey and then you have tower dark and tower light. This doesn't look like it corresponds with the picture which has several colors of yellow, orange, etc. Is there a video that would go into a little more detail? Congratulations on your quilts in the show. You are marvelous!!!!

Finished the quilt. I thought I had a picture but isn’t loading. I know you are going to talk about the quilting. I hope you will touch on threads and needle sizes I know you can see how Wendy’s was quilted from her pictures of the different months… but I am interested in the background. I couldn’t see that. I have so enjoyed this and am proud of myself for getting this accomplished. Thank you so much. Looking forward to next year!
      Elizabeth Anderson
      Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Barbara - is there a topic set up for us to post photos of our completed quilt tops?

Comment

Originally posted by christy View Post
          Barbara - is there a topic set up for us to post photos of our completed quilt tops?
          There is now! Thanks for the reminder.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

• Frieda I. commented
            Editing a comment
            I cannot find the tutorial video for block 11 on the website. Can you help me locate it? Thank you.

Originally posted by friedapickett View Post
          I cannot find the tutorial video for block 11 on the website. Can you help me locate it? Thank you.
          There are no videos for this month. Just the LIVE broadcasts--the first was November 5 and another is coming November 19. There is much information in the various blogs I wrote for Month 11 and 12.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Originally posted by BDumler2 View Post
            I'm really confused with The Centerpoint Tower. Piece #3, letter h is Tower light g is tower dark and i is background. i looks like it is the seam allowance and I'm having a hard time deciphering which color goes where as it only lists base as grey and then you have tower dark and tower light. This doesn't look like it corresponds with the picture which has several colors of yellow, orange, etc. Is there a video that would go into a little more detail? Congratulations on your quilts in the show. You are marvelous!!!!
            The pattern and cutting instructions are correct. The pieces i are TINY pieces of background that go on either side of the light yellow that is piece h. Those are seams # 1 and 2 of Section 3. Once that is done, add the darker gold on top and bottom of the narrow center section.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I am workiing on One World. In the picture it looks like the horizontal stripes don't line up exactly, or in some cases not even closely, even from side to side. Is this correct or am I being overly picky?

Comment

Originally posted by jilly54 View Post
                I am workiing on One World. In the picture it looks like the horizontal stripes don't line up exactly, or in some cases not even closely, even from side to side. Is this correct or am I being overly picky?
                Yes and yes. They do not line up.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

I am working on One World. From Wendy's picture it looks like the outside pieces of the tower have the darkest fabric at the top and fabric #2 as second as it is the fabric that is also in the centre. However, the pattern shows fabric 2 at the top and I noticed it is what Barbara used in her piece. Am I wrong or is Wendy's finished piece different than the pattern placement?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I followed the pattern. The photo may not show the complete design. As long as the fabrics alternate, the pattern works.

When sewing The Eiffel Tower together section 2 is quite a bit wider than Section 3. Cant figure out what I have done wrong.
                  Ellen Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by gjordan View Post
                    When sewing The Eiffel Tower together section 2 is quite a bit wider than Section 3. Cant figure out what I have done wrong.
                    Did you sew the Background piece c in upside down? The widest part of c is at the bottom. The two e pieces that go on the outside edges are sewn widest part at the top.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

I would like to use the Statue of Liberty for one of my corner blocks. Does anyone have a pattern source to do this? I am not nearly talented enough to create this on my own!

Comment

I had a problem when assembling my tall buildings. The skyscrapers were all too short, each by more than an inch! I went back and checked against the freezer paper, and everything matched up. I tried making the seam allowances smaller, but still couldn't gain enough height. I had absolutely no problems with width, and the outer circle went on to the inner part of the quilt with no issues. I considered just cutting the rest of the tall buildings down to match the skyscrapers, but I didn't have an inch and a half of play in the other buildings. So I built up the sky with two inch strips, sewing them onto either side of the top, then following the side seam up further. I just thought I'd share in case someone else had that problem. Here's the top of my Eiffel Tower before, showing nearly an inch in height needed, and the back side of it after I added the extra sky.
                        Ellen Lindow
                        Plant City, FL

Comment

Hi. I am struggling with Center Point Tower. Are we supposed to tape together pieces #3, #4 and # 5 before we sew the fabrics on? The pieces do not fit. In Your video they were all together. Hope this makes sense. Thanks, Marie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1067 users online. 208 members and 859 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25244   Active Members: 1,511  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X