Our Sponsors

MONTH 11 — THE SKYSCRAPERS Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kambasso View Post
    Hi I see that some talented folks are drafting other skyscrapers than the ones offered in the pattern. I am not that talented and have not had much success drafting what I wanted. Does anyone have these to share? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee.
    1) St Louis Arch
    2) Christ the Redeemer Statue in Rio de Janiero
    I posted a photo of a student's quilt with the St. Louis arch under Month 11--show your progress here. She is willing to share her drawing. The post is dated 11-7-2021
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Regarding the cutting instructions for one World Trade Center--- when it gives the quantities for the outer striped sections, are we supposed to divide the number of pieces between the two sides? It doesn't say to do that! or how do we know when to start using the different size pieces? Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by carmeng View Post
        Regarding the cutting instructions for one World Trade Center--- when it gives the quantities for the outer striped sections, are we supposed to divide the number of pieces between the two sides? It doesn't say to do that! or how do we know when to start using the different size pieces? Did I miss something?
        Read the instructions carefully. The pieces cut from Colors 2 and 3 make both Outer sections.

There are only 3 lengths of each fabric. Use the size needed to fill the space on the pattern.
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

• Barbara D. commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm really confused with The Centerpoint Tower. Piece #3, letter h is Tower light g is tower dark and i is background. i looks like it is the seam allowance and I'm having a hard time deciphering which color goes where as it only lists base as grey and then you have tower dark and tower light. This doesn't look like it corresponds with the picture which has several colors of yellow, orange, etc. Is there a video that would go into a little more detail? Congratulations on your quilts in the show. You are marvelous!!!!

Finished the quilt. I thought I had a picture but isn’t loading. I know you are going to talk about the quilting. I hope you will touch on threads and needle sizes I know you can see how Wendy’s was quilted from her pictures of the different months… but I am interested in the background. I couldn’t see that. I have so enjoyed this and am proud of myself for getting this accomplished. Thank you so much. Looking forward to next year!
        Elizabeth Anderson
        Cadiz, KY  (near Paducah)

Comment

Barbara - is there a topic set up for us to post photos of our completed quilt tops?

Comment

Originally posted by christy View Post
            Barbara - is there a topic set up for us to post photos of our completed quilt tops?
            There is now! Thanks for the reminder.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

• Frieda I. commented
              Editing a comment
              I cannot find the tutorial video for block 11 on the website. Can you help me locate it? Thank you.

Originally posted by friedapickett View Post
            I cannot find the tutorial video for block 11 on the website. Can you help me locate it? Thank you.
            There are no videos for this month. Just the LIVE broadcasts--the first was November 5 and another is coming November 19. There is much information in the various blogs I wrote for Month 11 and 12.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

• |
              This comment by kayrose has been deleted by kayrose

Jeanne C. commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi! I cannot seem to find the blog written for Month 12. I found Month 11 with Big Ben and World trade Center but no info on Eiffel Tower and Centrepoint Tower. What am I doing wrong? Please Help!

Originally posted by BDumler2 View Post
            I'm really confused with The Centerpoint Tower. Piece #3, letter h is Tower light g is tower dark and i is background. i looks like it is the seam allowance and I'm having a hard time deciphering which color goes where as it only lists base as grey and then you have tower dark and tower light. This doesn't look like it corresponds with the picture which has several colors of yellow, orange, etc. Is there a video that would go into a little more detail? Congratulations on your quilts in the show. You are marvelous!!!!
            The pattern and cutting instructions are correct. The pieces i are TINY pieces of background that go on either side of the light yellow that is piece h. Those are seams # 1 and 2 of Section 3. Once that is done, add the darker gold on top and bottom of the narrow center section.
            Barbara Black
            Huntsville AL

Comment

I am workiing on One World. In the picture it looks like the horizontal stripes don't line up exactly, or in some cases not even closely, even from side to side. Is this correct or am I being overly picky?

Comment

Originally posted by jilly54 View Post
                I am workiing on One World. In the picture it looks like the horizontal stripes don't line up exactly, or in some cases not even closely, even from side to side. Is this correct or am I being overly picky?
                Yes and yes. They do not line up.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL

Comment

I am working on One World. From Wendy's picture it looks like the outside pieces of the tower have the darkest fabric at the top and fabric #2 as second as it is the fabric that is also in the centre. However, the pattern shows fabric 2 at the top and I noticed it is what Barbara used in her piece. Am I wrong or is Wendy's finished piece different than the pattern placement?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I followed the pattern. The photo may not show the complete design. As long as the fabrics alternate, the pattern works.

When sewing The Eiffel Tower together section 2 is quite a bit wider than Section 3. Cant figure out what I have done wrong.
                  Ellen Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by gjordan View Post
                    When sewing The Eiffel Tower together section 2 is quite a bit wider than Section 3. Cant figure out what I have done wrong.
                    Did you sew the Background piece c in upside down? The widest part of c is at the bottom. The two e pieces that go on the outside edges are sewn widest part at the top.
                    Barbara Black
                    Huntsville AL

Comment

This reply by Beabry has been deleted by Beabry
                      Saw answer to question .

Re the One World Building my question is … are the side building stripes meant to match up with Centre stripes? Or are they just random?

I would like to use the Statue of Liberty for one of my corner blocks. Does anyone have a pattern source to do this? I am not nearly talented enough to create this on my own!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1921 users online. 1264 members and 657 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 06:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,880   Posts: 149,534   Members: 19882   Active Members: 3,544  
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lynda Murphy-raeinsisters.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X