Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roads attached and circle pretty flat. After pinning I hand basted roads to compass for easier sewing at the machine. Also did the same for the upper road and then attaching the the compass and houses. Only took a few minutes more and made sewing it all together a breeze.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Liberata, That is a great idea to hand baste after pinning. I have used that in fiddly situations before with great success. HelenW

I have roads and they lay flat!

Comment

• Liberata T. commented
      Editing a comment
      Really love the night background fabric.

I am afraid my finished circle may be a bit large, measuring 43.5 inches. Someone else commented hers measured 43 inches. Wondering if I should take my outer road off and re-do. My compliments on all the wonderful work. I can’t seem to post any likes.

Comment

• Syndy G. commented
      Editing a comment
      Just read below, yours is perfect measurement.
      I wouldn't unpick anything that's perfectly stitched. There's a lot of wiggle room given all the bias stretch, so you could absolutely absorb extra into the next round or fudge it to become a little larger if required, it's very forgiving. Having said that, because it's paper pieced and cut to size, it's unlikely to be out by much at all.
      Last edited by Syndy G.; 06-30-2021, 09:06 PM.

Originally posted by speedy.gonzales View Post
    I am afraid my finished circle may be a bit large, measuring 43.5 inches. Someone else commented hers measured 43 inches. Wondering if I should take my outer road off and re-do. My compliments on all the wonderful work. I can’t seem to post any likes.
    Josephine, yours if PERFECT! The center should be 43.5" INCUDING SEAM ALLOWANCES after it its complete with both roads.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thanks so much Barbara. I am just delighted that I am on track...so far. Btw, I think I used every pin I own for the roads.

Comment

Thank you, Barbara, for the great videos and blog. This month was much more intimidating to think about than to actually do...step by step, millions of pins, and slow and steady sewing. Ready for the tall buildings.
        Last edited by jptousley; 05-06-2021, 02:21 PM. Reason: Difficulty getting the color right!
        Jackie

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I had a LOVE button!

• jptousley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Haven’t sewn compass/rd to houses yet but both rds are attached. Attaching the Rds were a challenge!

Comment

I think I held my breath through the entire process. Well, it felt that way

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally understand! Looking good.

I added the roads to my village. And all came together without problems

Comment

My Center so far. Will wait to attach the outer roads when the rest of the buildings are done.
            Lynda Bruce

Comment

It took a while, but it’s good to have this part done.

Comment

Since I'm holding off on building my outer road, which will also include water, until the city buildings get started, I thought I'd share my wool on linen wholecloth quilt. This has been such an enjoyable experience. I've learned so much from everyone and appreciate all the encouragement with my out of the box take on this amazing design. It's been fun really making this my own. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!
                Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Jackie M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just gorgeous!!!

• Cindy S. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's hard to express how amazing this is! You are an inspiration! Your handwork and details are incredible!

• Syndy G. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So gorgeous, love that it's uniquely you, as they all are even while everyone's doing the same project, they are all unique in their own way, and take on the palette and creative preferences of the quilter (was going to type 'sewer' but that's just so wrong ). Go girls!

Here is my centre. I love scrolling through the images and seeing all the beautiful colours being used.

Comment

I have the center together! I worried that the outer road and houses wouldn’t fit the inner road and compass, but patience and pins did the trick.
                  Jean Etheridge
                  Huntsville, Alabama

Comment

My center is 60%. I’m not sure if I posted it right. Anyway, I think this is a very well done pattern. The roads fit in just fine even though my sewing isn’t always great.
                    Last edited by Lynnanne; 05-09-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1270 users online. 253 members and 1017 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X