Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynnanne View Post
    My center is 60%. I’m not sure if I posted it right. Anyway, I think this is a very well done pattern. The roads fit in just fine even though my sewing isn’t always great.
    Lynnanne, Your 60% version looks wonderful. Such a fun BOM. There are many variations everyone has made, it really get
    your creative juices flowing. Good Job. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your support Helen. Your own work is truly beautiful and you still find time to help us all out!

I posted my photo in the wrong place originally—I love this quilt and can’t wait for next month. Everyone is posting beautiful work!

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
      Carole B. I just love it when you post your pictures of your wool version of Color My World. It is such a masterpiece. I have been
      trying to get my Hook Line and Sinker finished before I go back Color My World in flannel. I am on the pieced borders now. Having
      to do some recalculating of blocks since I changed the size of the original pattern. If you want to post some close ups again of the newest of your trees. I love to look at your details. HelenW
      Can't wait to see what you come up with next, Helen! Attaching photos of my trees at the NSEW points. Sorry if any of these are duplicates from previous posts. Thanks for asking!
      Carole Berry

Comment

• Paulemoi commented
        Editing a comment
        Omg! Amazing trees!

• Beth B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonderful!

Comment

I wondered how in the world my road was ever going to fit in the giant circle of my houses ... but with lots of pins and marking my 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 1/16 Sections it went in very well!! Who knew!

Comment

Ready for a City!
          ~Nancy

Comment

• PleasantValleyFarm commented
            Editing a comment
            Nancy, I love your colors and the way you blended the compass to pull in the colors of houses and roads. Very nice

This is my nice “flat” center and thankfully it is 43.5” across! I’m working from my stash and decided to use a cobblestone fabric for my roads. I live in St. Augustine and we have a historic downtown with old homes and brick streets, so I decided to replicate that look! Thanks for the videos and tips, as it certainly helped get everything to fit together nicely!

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
            Editing a comment
            Really cute idea!

After the events of Jan 6 I felt compelled to memorialize that day in fabric. I am a political person and most of my family and friend get tired of hearing me rant. But thjs is a first attempt at an art quilt and I have much to learn and improve on. But sometime in the future my children may come across this in my cache of finished projects and recall this day. Hopefully then we are still a Democracy....
          Sherri Eley

Comment

Finished the roads and they mostly went together nicely. I had to adjust a few of the houses seam allowances to fit, but that was no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
              Wow, Carole B, just wow!
              Thank you, Barbara!
              Carole Berry

Comment

TAH - DAH! Wow, sure glad this part is done. I had made a mistake and cut the Inner road (subcut) pieces the dimensions
                of the Upper road (subcut) pieces. It all worked out though as I just set them aside and used them for the upper road, so having
                enough fabric was not an issue. I did find it easier for me to not use the template. This Quilt has been so much fun. Can't wait until next month!

Comment

Please use THIS TOPIC to show your center. With more than one such Topic everyone has to look at both to see all the posts with photos.
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL
                  https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I love seeing all the circles coming together. I just finished houses three and four, put them up on my design wall and low and behold.....houses 3&4 are too small! Guess what I forgot to measure THE SCALE! Back to the cutting table I go

Comment

I finished my roads and got everything sewn together! I’m relieved it went together so easily and lays nice and flat. This quilt is such fun. Can’t wait for next month

Comment

This step was pretty easy for me. I have done lots of quilts with circles. Did my road a little different. Wanted to set off my other black and whites.

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Love this!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2885 users online. 544 members and 2341 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,318  
                      Welcome to our newest member, Sandra Taylor-set0747.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X