Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Your Center—Post Your Photos Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very pleased that this all worked really well nice and flat, my roads have become pavements for walking only

Comment

I have 36 houses instead of 32! I actually trimmed the houses using the template before rather than after each double house section was completed. Therefore the house circle didn't fit , it was 8 inches too small. So I made another four houses which really worked exactly . 32x 1/4 inch from each house that had been trimmed equals 8 inches. I bit of a fiddle but I can live that.
      Deborah Greenaway Canberra Australia

Comment

A few small snags, but I am really enjoying this challenge.

Comment

I changed a few things. Multi colored trees, did some embroidery on some of the house blocks. I went with cobblestone and brick streets. I got to take in all the suggestions posted to do went putting mine together slightly delayed due to move from winter home to summer home and small vacation between. Love this quilt, the process and this group as we continue our journey.

I am also doing the A-Z quilt for my future 1st grandson. Will be working on the appliqué letters as most blocks are pieced. I have the appliqué blocks to do. Anyone else working on this quilt. Not much activity on that string.
          Happy Quilting!!!
          Linda H
          Happy Quilting 

Comment

• Robin G. commented
            Editing a comment
            I have just decided to do the A-Z quilt, too. I don't want it too big, so I am thinking of doing all the letters with different fonts on my embroidery machine, I haven't decided what scale to use.Hope that doesn't make the piecing of the other blocks too tiny! Robin Grube

I decided to do more of a 'Fall' look to my trees. At first I didn't think this would come together, but it surprised me and I am really happy with the outcome. Thanks for all the help. . . . from everyone on the blog. Various questions and comments have really helped along the way.

Comment

Had to make my Mariners compass over again because it was a little too small, but the roads went on easily with lots of pinning….Thanks for your videos, Barbara. They helped tremendously.

Comment

Comment

Thank you Barbara for all your great tips and videos. Paying attention to the center guideline for the white strips on the road pieces made all the difference! Here is my village so far - so looking forward to adding the city's buildings! Grateful that it too lies flat - kind of a wonder, right? Thank you Wendy Williams!

Comment

My center as of 5-22

Comment

Here’s my center. You’ll see a few things are different. I made the Mariners Compass using the AccuQuilt die because I could! It was 12”, so a coping circle was necessary. I’m using fabrics mostly from my stash. The music themed background came from a yard sale, I think. Also I made a booboo on the circle of houses. I had all the random mess of small pieces of fabric left out in my work area and thought, why not go ahead and make what I thought was the next month’s houses - counted them but didn’t notice they were going to be different. So all my houses are 1’s and 2’s!! Also I used “knobby” yarn for the tree trunks!
                    Last edited by Wilma M.; 05-23-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wilma, that's great. I, too, didn't know months 1 and 3 Small Houses would be different--since I was under a tight deadline I just kept working ahead so there are only a few Small Houses 3 and 4 in mine. I did mention this in the blog and videos I did for those months.

• Helen W. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wilma, Love your creativity. Wish these pictures on the forum were larger or would let you zoom to see all the beautiful details.
                      HelenW

• Elaine K. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In reply to HelenW. comment about the small pictures, when I click on the picture a box comes up in the top left of my screen with a thumbnail, and then I click on that to see the enlarged photo.

Mine is a tad moody Click image for larger version

Name:	5B6ADCE4-1741-4021-A38B-10181AE5D06E.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	884966
                    Paule

Comment

• Elaine K. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm not able to view a photo with that link, can anyone else?

Okay, it is not as flat as I would love it to be, but it is okay. I am very happy to have managed to get so far and I like my different tree fabrics. Der Weg ist das Ziel. Am so very happy and thankful that I joined in this journey.

Comment

I’m excited that I got month 5 done a week ahead of time. I found that I needed to glue the bottom of the houses closed to get the inner circle to lie flat.

Comment

I'm excited that my center went together fairly easy, but I wish I had stayed stitched the inner circle of the small houses right after they were put together as some of the seams wanted to come apart. I did stay stitch them, fixing the spreading seams before I attached the inner roads. Thanks for all the tips you've given Barbara!

Comment

• Carol M. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I stay stitched and it gathered just slightly so I had to remove the stay stitching. Haha, long journey.
                          I used the freezer paper to paper piece using one template for each piece and I back stitched on each end. that is what saved me.

Originally posted by ElaineKoehler View Post
                        I'm not able to view a photo with that link, can anyone else?
                        No, the photo is not attached.
                        Barbara Black
                        Huntsville AL
                        https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1159 users online. 232 members and 927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X