Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

COLOR MY WORLD--MONTH 1--Small Houses 1 and 2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=152611
    Originally posted by "moneil50" post=152607
    HI
    I am new to this BOM .. I found the downloads for the fabric requirements and the coloring page for BOM 2021 but no other downloads are visible.. Please advise where to go so I can download and get started! Thank you so much!
    If you are a Star member and are logged in, you should have access to the month 1 patterns. You were on the Introduction page. You might try logging out and logging back in, assuming you are a current Star member.
    Barbara, It appears that when the cutting instructions were reloaded that the links got messed up. In Month 1 the link goes to the Introduction document and no longer to the pattern. The pattern was there earlier today and I downloaded it and now when I go to that link again, it is the introductory/fabric PDF instead of the pattern. (which is now in the introduction section and the month 1 section). Lucky for me I downloaded the pattern this morning but I think that is why so many people are getting confused and can't find it. I also don't see the cutting instructions you mention in your post. Just wanted to advise you of the issue. Thanks for your leadership on this project.
    Teri

Comment

All the patterns are there along with the Speed cutting background instructions. If all you see are the Fabric Requirements you are on the Introduction page.

You have to be a Star member and be logged in as a Star member. Some said they just had to log out and log back in. You might try closing your browser and reopening it.

I do know all the Month 1 patterns are on the BOM page, ready for download.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=152628
        All the patterns are there along with the Speed cutting background instructions. If all you see are the Fabric Requirements you are on the Introduction page.

You have to be a Star member and be logged in as a Star member. Some said they just had to log out and log back in. You might try closing your browser and reopening it.

Ok just for clarification. Is this where you have the patterns?

If it is, when I click on the downloads I get the introduction PDF. I am a star member and I have logged out and actually switched from Chrome to Safari. I guess I am losing it because I think this is where I got the pattern this morning. Hope I am attaching this screen shot correctly.
        Teri

Comment

This is where I find them. https://thequiltshow.com/learn/downloads-for-classes/category/89-downloads-for-bom-2021-color-my-world

Marti

Comment

Originally posted by "terimeggers" post=152634

Yes, this is where the patterns are. When I click on Download Instructions I go to the primary page, Introduction is first and right below that is Month 1. Be sure to scroll down to see all the links.

I have asked the web person to take a look.

If it is, when I click on the downloads I get the introduction PDF. I am a star member and I have logged out and actually switched from Chrome to Safari. I guess I am losing it because I think this is where I got the pattern this morning. Hope I am attaching this screen shot correctly.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=152636

Yes, this is where the patterns are. When I click on Download Instructions I go to the primary page, Introduction is first and right below that is Month 1. Be sure to scroll down to see all the links.

Just to assist the web person, when

When I click on the Month 1 Download Instructions Link this is what I see:

Teri

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=152636

Just to assist the web person, when

When I click on the Month 1 Download Instructions Link this is what I see:

Teri

Comment

Hello Barbara,

I am new to BOM and thougt I would give it a try and learn something new. I have just been quilting about 3 years so everything is quite new to me. I have read all your instructions on your blog (helpful), listened to the video (twice) and read all of the instructions for the first month. I have washed my fabric and cut my 3 1/2 inch strips for small house #1 and #2. However, I am lost with understanding the speed cutting sheets that you have provided. I have two copies. Is one incorrect? I have understood that fabric for small hourse one and two is cut up or down but I really don't understand why there are two pages of instructions. Before I start cutting and sewing I think I need clarification on this concern. Thank you.

Comment

Loving making these houses - I'm making them all completely scrappy from my scrap bin. I'm going to make some with the same colourings as the ones that I and my family live (and have lived) in. Thanks for the background cutting tips - I'm a scrooge so saving fabric is great. In the same vein, I found that I can get 2 roofs out of a 5" square, or a 3 1/2" x 6" rectangle.

Comment

I followed your instructions but when you click on the download for the one with the picture of the 2 little houses, all you get is the introductory instructions. There are no patterns. The download with the pics of the 2 houses is exactly the same as when you click on the download for the one with the picture of the whole quilt. Maybe they were there before, but they are not there now. This is the first time I've done a BOM from this site and this is extremely frustrating not being able to the the pattern. I did the FACES workshop and got what the downloads for that no problem, but something is not working here.

Comment

Originally posted by "PaolaRB" post=152643
                        Hello Barbara,

I am new to BOM and thougt I would give it a try and learn something new. I have just been quilting about 3 years so everything is quite new to me. I have read all your instructions on your blog (helpful), listened to the video (twice) and read all of the instructions for the first month. I have washed my fabric and cut my 3 1/2 inch strips for small house #1 and #2. However, I am lost with understanding the speed cutting sheets that you have provided. I have two copies. Is one incorrect? I have understood that fabric for small hourse one and two is cut up or down but I really don't understand why there are two pages of instructions. Before I start cutting and sewing I think I need clarification on this concern. Thank you.
                        Both pages are necessary. They allow you to cut two pieces from each rectangle, for pieces j and k. There will be a video up in the next few days explaining how to cut them. It might not make sense until you have houses made up to the point you add the background pieces.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I am new to this and not sure how to post comments and such in the forum but I'll figure it out. I have not done a BOM with The Quilt Show but this one really speaks to me. I have so much fabric and a lot of Ricky's hand dyed so that is what I plan to use. Might be a challenge since a lot of it is small pieces from his scrap bags but I've got a whole year to do this...right! Thanks!

Comment

Same for me. HELP, please & thank YOU!

Comment

I am still unable to download Month 1. It brings me to introduction and coloring page. I've tried logging out and then in but that didn't work. It's after 11pm on the East Coast so I'm going to bed. Will try again tomorrow. At least I've gotten all of my strips cut and ready to get started.

Comment

I am having the same problem with trying to access block 1 & 2. I’ve followed your suggestions but no luck. I will try tomorrow to see if it’s been fixed. I assume the speed cutting templates for the background should be there as well.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1989 users online. 222 members and 1767 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25614   Active Members: 1,199  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X