Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

New Group created for 2015 BOM

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, Jeanette! I really love the fox you found.

Comment

Jeanette, very nice fox and blocks. You are a wise women. I might even be able to appliqué that fox without losing my religion.

Comment

Well I survived, I'm now sewing on machine and can hand quilt slowly, I'm not able to appliqué, the broken thumb won't hold the fabric. I'm getting excited to catch up. I'm so far behind all you guys. Thanks so much for all your well wishes they help a lot. Now on to physical therapy which I hear is painful. But I'm back in the game. Feeling great about what I can do. Yippee!,

Comment

That's good to hear. I hope you can enjoy your sewing.

Jeanette your fox and chicken made me chuckle its great. I was at Quilts UK today and survived the rain. We sat out under the green umbrellas drinking coffee, eating cake watching those clouds float over the Malvern Hills. How much more fabric did you get? There were some bargains to be had.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I sympathize with you greatly. Keep working your desire to keep on quilting will help with therapy as will the work you are already doing. Don't ask me how I know?

Comment

I'm trying to make the garden gate. I've tried searching the forum but am not getting any satisfactory results. I think someone mentioned an easier method. Just looking at the instruction sheet I can see there is something wrong with the measurements. Can anyone help me out?

Comment

Sorry I changed the pattern but Andree will be along soon and she scaled it down to half size so will have analysed it fully and will be able to help.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chickadee24" post=130377
                  I'm trying to make the garden gate. I've tried searching the forum but am not getting any satisfactory results. I think someone mentioned an easier method. Just looking at the instruction sheet I can see there is something wrong with the measurements. Can anyone help me out?
                  I saw there was something wrong with the measurements. I'll check my notes and get back to you.

Andrée

Comment

I must be psychic :lol:

Comment

Wendy: :lol:

I found my notes (in the half-size measurements post, top of page 12.).

" I had to draw in EQ7 full size to figure it out. It seems that the cutting instructions are not accurate for 2 of the TAUPE strips (3-1/2 X 12-1/2 should be 3 x 12-1/2; 1-1/2 x 10 should be 1-1/2 x 10-1/2), but the measurements for full size on the DRAWING on page 4 are correct."

So, if you are doing the full size, you should cut your strips as per the drawing on page4. But this could be paper-pieced. If you want the EQ7 drawing, please send me a private message with your email address.

Hope that helps!

Andrée

Andrée

Comment

Thank you! Yes, I'm making the full size. I've cut my strips but I think I will try paper piecing. Sometimes it's best just to dive in and sew and stop thinking about it. It's cool in my sewing room this morning so I am going to make my garden gate one way or another!

Comment

Here are my blocks for June. the bunny tails are made with felt
                          Jeanette

Comment

Here's my quilt so far. I've been 'quilting-as-I-go' and am ready to quilt the top 2 rows. I decided to quilt along the way because this is a Christmas gift for a friend that has to be mailed the first week in December.

I'm trying to decide about the outer border. We don't have the November pattern yet; so maybe the border is in it. But if it isn't, then I don't think I can wait until December for the pattern and still have time to finish.

So...I'm hoping you lovely folks will have some thoughts on optional ways to treat the border. Lynette's border seems so very appropriate for the quilt, but I think I need her instructions to make it come out right. And just plan strip bordering doesn't seem like enough - or at least I am having trouble picturing that.

Thoughts? (And thank you TIA!!)

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Beautiful quilt!
                              For the last border, they are basically 4" squares Made of a 2" x 4" finished flying geese and a 2x4 finished rectangle. Anyway, that's what I could figure out on EQ7...
                              There is also a row just before that - I'll have to look at my drawing tonight for the exact measurement (when i'm back from work)
                              Andrée

Comment

Beautiful Barb it's very good. A checkerboard would look good if you didn't want to do Lynette's design.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2306 users online. 158 members and 2148 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X