Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

supreme slider

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't feel it necessary to get into specifics, but addressed those accusations simply by saying: "I can't respect the opinion of someone that would put a person's character into question because of the type of art they choose to make/like/exhibit/buy/share/whatever."
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com">http://thatcrazyquiltygirl.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Originally posted by lsipes
      I didn't feel it necessary to get into specifics, but addressed those accusations simply by saying: "I can't respect the opinion of someone that would put a person's character into question because of the type of art they choose to make/like/exhibit/buy/share/whatever."
      Lisa, while I'm not of the "Modern Quilt" generation, I have seen the evolution of the quilt industry from the 40's, 50's, etc. and have embraced a tremendous amount of quilting changes, and there has been a lot that I didn't embrace. However, change is what has made the quilting world what it is today. Wouldn't it be a terribly dull and boring world if all quilts were made using a 9 - patch block, a drunkards path and not exploring any other "new" avenues. I have been to many, many quilt shows and have heard many negative comments about a quilt, also many positive comments. I agree that the quality and character of a person shouldn't be judged by how they perceive "art", and that's what quilting is "art". Where would the Art World be if we didn't have a Van Gough, Piacasso, Carol Byer Fallert/Gentry or a Lisa Sipes. While "Modern Quilts" are not part of my quilt world, I respect and admire those that are pursuing it. I wouldn't be the quilter I am today if it had not been for those before me. I always remember a quote my grandfather used to tell me, "opinions are like A.....es, everyone has one". With that being said, I will go back to working on my "tossed 9-patch". Keep up the good work, Lisa.

Comment

Don't have time to figure out what you magpies are arguing about, but the slider is on sale at sewforless.com

Comment

save your money for fabric. i got one, and it immediately shifted and got needle chew marks on it. it no longer works when you have had this problem.....the needle chew marks are a problem. i threw mine out, and got a plexiglass table (Sew Steady) for my machine, and it works great.........no problems.

Comment

It's a good price ! I've been very happy with mine...I keep the back clean by washing with plain water...
            sticks down better than ever ! If you sewed into the opening by accident , couldn't it just be trimmed up?
            I'm nearly thru with a queen sized quilt and it hasn't moved a smidge ! And I'd recommend the lg size !

Comment

Sharon Schamber tapes hers down, but I never have had any trouble with mine shifting as long as I keep the back clean and make sure it's fully stuck. I find a very large difference from quilting without one and quilting with one.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
              Betty Jo

Comment

I've never had mine slip, either, and I sometimes forget to lower the feed dogs. I'm also not that diligent about keeping it clean. I just make sure it sticks enough when I put it down and it always stays in place for me and gives me that nice, slick surface. I have both sizes. I use the big one at home and keep the small one in my bag for retreats. I wonder if they shift more if you push down on the quilt harder while you quilt. Or if it doesn't stick as well on some surfaces. Both at home and away, I have my machine sunk into the table and surrounded by an acrylic insert. Just some random thoughts....

Nancy

Comment

You just have to keep it clean. A quick rinse is fine. I love mine. Worth every penny.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2592 users online. 353 members and 2239 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                  Welcome to our newest member, Susan Pinkerton-Susanpinkerton2017.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X