Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat 2017

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all,
    Has anyone heard who the 2017 Legend might be? In the past, haven't we gotten hints about him/her? The Legend shows are my favorites; I watch them over and over.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by "eileenkny" post=142962
      Good morning all,
      Has anyone heard who the 2017 Legend might be? In the past, haven't we gotten hints about him/her? The Legend shows are my favorites; I watch them over and over.
      Didn't they say in one of the shows that it's Judith Baker Montano?

Comment

Thanks, Rosemary. I worked on one inner point today and now need to bring my serated scissors upstairs for the clipping the last threads on that point. Boy, what a difference they make! I will probably redo that point. The outer point went well with the advice from show 1701.

Maybe starch and pressing would be a good idea. I used a good glue stick for other parts but not to the corners and points. Thought I'd turn as I got there. And maybe that helps the not handling much after trimming part you mentioned.

Thanks!
        Jules~
        Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
        working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
        Tired.
        Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
        BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Sandra Leichner is one of my applique heroes! I've followed her blog for several years, and I aspire to stitch like she does.

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
          Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Originally posted by "eileenkny" post=142972
            Sandra Leichner is one of my applique heroes! I've followed her blog for several years, and I aspire to stitch like she does.
            I think her teaching was very good on the show. Her work is stunning!

About 10 yrs ago, I asked my mom about teaching her to applique and I'd provide bird patterns for her. Then I'd quilt it and she & I would have a lovely group quilt in the end. She wasn't interested. Now at nearing 92, needs things to do. She knits but would enjoys when I give her embroidery to do.

Jules~
            Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
            Tired.
            Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
            BERNINA 790 Pro, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, 3 FW,  a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines (25+).

Comment

Joyce, looks like you have a good handle on what to do. Another tip is to put a tiny dot of Fray Check an that inside corner. If that last cut into the V is into bias (not at straight angles with the warp and weft) it can sometimes leave small threads springing up from behind the appliqué right at the end of the V. Test the Fray Check on a scarp, and see what it looks like once completely dried. Yes, you might just barely see it, but your eyes will never be drawn to it once you have the whole quilt done and quilted!

I tried those Appliquick rods for turning my appliqué, and wound up selling them to a friend because they were to long and skinny for me! Love the ones I make with turkey skewers with a few large beads on the end. Gives my hand more to grip. I use that in my right hand as I am glueing, and my pointer finger fingernail of my left hand. Works for me, and must work well, since I’ve won ribbons for best appliqué at a couple of major shows.

Dawn

Comment

I took a little time out to make a wool-y tree ! :P Sure like how it turned out! We do have a real tree
                to enjoy but I'm looking forward to decorating this one with special very small ornaments that get
                lost on a big tree. Enjoy the last 8 days ! :woohoo:

Comment

Marilyn, how neat is that! And I love the quilt on your wall, with the wood carvings right under it,too!

Comment

Thanks, Beverly...Looking at that...I see DH's carving history...the clock is one made when he was in high school (in the 60's)
                    and the quail are the very latest ones designed this month. :kiss: Hanging was a gift a long time ago..wish I had a pattern!

Comment

Wow, is he ever talented. I recognized the quail, as they are native here in Georgia as well. Lovely treasures.

Comment

The wool-y tree would be a great idea for those miniatures I get from my grandkids, hmmm?? That might just get added to my 2018 goals.

Comment

The tree must have been so fiddly to make, it looks great, I hope you show it decorated. The carvings are wonderful, what a talent he has.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Awesome wool-y tree!

Barb :-)

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Happy Winter Solstice to the Forum Family / Virtual Quilt Retreat crew. I wish us all the very best in our lives and Happy All Your Days!

Love and light,
                              Kath
                              KatH

Comment

To you as well, Kath! I'm not a fan of the short days and long dark periods but being in my quilting studio with good lighting helps. I forgot it was today until I saw a post on doing 120 (or some huge number) of Sun Salutations in yoga to celebrate! :silly:

Jules~
                                Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                                Tired.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2705 users online. 393 members and 2312 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X