Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Ongoing (started January 2019)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and again morning all and it is morning now. The forum was really misbehaving earlier I hope you understand my post/s I don't know why it gets gremlins. Perhaps it will be this year we get the new website.

I put a post on my blog. I'm really bad at keeping up to date and it's hard to keep to just a few things when you leave it 6 months. https://cottonfeathered.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to on your days and in between. :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy,
      I know that the gremlins can come and go at will. I love your interpretation on the Church doors.
      If it takes 3 posts to get things done, well,,,,,
      And if you check out my blog, I got to a point last year that I just uploaded the pictures and never wrote the descriptions. Then when I checked what posted the pictures are so out of order that I have to redo the whole thing in order for it to make sense, arggghhh. And that may never happen,, lol

Comment

Good evening all,
        Today is the 8th and so it is my turn to talk about what I'm doing. First, a little background...
        I was born and raised in White Plains, NY. I'm an only child; my Dad was born in Cork City, Ireland and my Mom in Poughkeepsie, NY. Typical parochial school education all the way through. I joined the Army Reserve and then the Air National Guard and spent over 23 years helping wherever possible. I met my husband while we both served; we raised 2 kids who are now productive adults (even though they both moved back home!)

I began about 25 years ago as a hardcore hand quilter, but realized after a few years that there were more quilts to make than I had time to hand quilt. I sent my quilts out until I decided to buy a longarm machine and open my doors for business. After 19 years of quilting for others, I'm closing my business per se and doing "my own thing". This includes an applique block of the month, and a ton of UFOs. I will continue to quilt for the Quilts of Valor Foundation as well.

Right now, I'm working on a quilt that I cut out with my Accuquilt GO. It's been so long since I did something just for fun. Hopefully, next month I'll have some pics of what I'm doing.

Until next update,

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
        Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Wendy, I love how you're interpreting those doors.

Comment

Eileen,
            It must have been a hard decision to stop doing the longarm work for others, but sometimes what’s best for us isn’t easy for others to accept. You’re going to be able to 'breathe' when a stitch is missed, or a nest of threads shows up. The 'outside' pressure is off, and that will be a boost to you in so many ways.
            Do share a few pictures of your projects, as soon as you feel they’re at a spot you want us to do our ohhhs and ahhs over. You know we all enjoy seeing works in progress,,,

Hope your day was filled with people and activities you enjoy.

Comment

Wendy, I really enjoyed reading through your blog posts and seeing what you've been up to! And your two little tots are precious. It's always fun to see what others are creating in their part of the world.

Eileen, I think quilting for others would be too much pressure for me. I would worry about it all too much. I hope you have lots of fun making your own creations!

Comment

Happy Birthday Eileen and Marilyn! I like this idea of celebrating our birthdays each month. This way we can eat virtual cake and not worry about the calories.

Wendy, I love your door. It's so cool. I want to see what's behind it.

Marilyn, love your hand work and the amaryllis. You and your husband are so creative. Nice!

My birthday is the 13th of November. I'm just finishing up two projects, yay! So I will post pics this weekend.

I saw the pictures on the blog of Freddy Moran's faces. It reminded me of the time we made our own faces. Remember that? I still have mine hanging on the wall in my quilt room. It makes me smile.

It's nice to have us all chatting again. Take care, geneva
                Geneva

Comment

Hi All, I also have enjoyed reading your posts, and will also post on the 13th (May) of each month.

Sharon in warm, we need moisture, Colorado

Comment

Thanks Eileen for setting up the 2019 Virtual Retreat!

My Birthday date is the 9th, only two days late! Nothing quilty to report for January, I did help a friend make placemats in December and repaired our Christmas Tree skirt.

Comment

Hello Barb good to see you :cheer:

Being cheeky and chipping in when my day is past. My son asked me to make him an abstract quilt for the wall of his flat. I decided to have a go at one of Carol Bryer Fallert-Gentry's illusion quilts. Anyone tackled one? It made my head hurt reading and watching her instructions, they are so detailed. She's got free patterns on her website to share now she's retired but I expect you all knew that. I like the idea of foundation piecing on freezer paper.
                      http://www.bryerpatch.com/faq/faq.htm

Comment

Barb,
                        If you aren’t sewing or quilting,,,, I’ll bet you’re up to something else !!!! What might that be? Are you traveling? Seeing family? Going out to lunch? Enjoying life to the utmost?! Inquiring minds are asking,,,,, LOL

Comment

Wendy,
                          You’ll knock the socks off for your son! Carol’s quilts have always intrigued me. I’ll probably start with one that would resemble her very early ones, not the illusions, as I’m easily turned around ! LOL. It’ll be fun to see what you do. And,,, thanks for the link, I didn’t know she had free patterns up. Now I do,,, oh, boy, another rabbit hole to explore.... gotta hurry, gotta hurrry,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=144888
                            Hello Barb good to see you :cheer:

It made my head hurt reading and watching her instructions, they are so detailed. She's got free patterns on her website to share now she's retired but I expect you all knew that. I like the idea of foundation piecing on freezer paper.
                            http://www.bryerpatch.com/faq/faq.htm
                            I understand completely! I bought one of her patterns years ago, and it's still in the package. I'll go back and look at it; freezer paper foundation piecing sounds interesting.

I'm so grateful that we're all talking again. I've missed this.

Comment

I have a Carol Bryer-Fallert kit that I bought several years ago too. Maybe let's start on those and the challenge to finish it by the end of the year? And Eileen, I agree, it's wonderful to see activity on the forum again!

Comment

Yes go on Beverly and Eileen make them as well and we can encourage each other and help to understand the patterns and colour placement. I've ordered 4 colourways of her gradation fabric. It's really hard to choose online not seeing them together so fingers crossed they'll work. I can't find any shops near here or at the show I'm going to next week that stock them to see them in person.

Get your kits out :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2889 users online. 556 members and 2333 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X