Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Ongoing (started January 2019)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    Sorry I missed posting on the 8th, but from the 4th through the 9th, I attended 2 classes at the Academy of Applique in Williamsburg, VA. This is my 2nd year, and I'm hoping to go back for a 3rd next March. Each class is 3 days.
    After the academy, we went to Dover, DE to visit friends and just got home last evening.
    I took a class from a wonderful teacher from Canada, Kerry Burke of Simple Bird Studio in Barrie Ontario. She taught the prepared edge with starch and press technique. She's great and the camaraderie in the room was amazing! I made new friends and renewed some from last year.
    The second class was with Diane Kirkhart, who has worked with Jinny Beyer and now has her own business. She taught the Apliquick technique. Much more intense class than my first one.
    I have a project from each class, but haven't unpacked anything yet. I hope I'll have something to show next month.
    Keep stitching,

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Sharon,

A big Congratulations on getting into Paducah! Are you going to go and see your creation hanging in the show?

Take care all,

Comment

Thanks Not this year, went last year. Will be in Seattle playing Grammie. I do the technique you mentioned for all my appliqué. Good job.

Comment

Congratulations Sharon!! Hope you’re juried into the show!

Eileen your classes sound neat!! I’ll have to investigate them in the future.

Geneva, I like your fabric choices for your table runner and you shelf fabric curtain too.

Wendy fun to hear about your projects but sorry to hear about your ear problems.

I’ve been goofing off lately nothing quilty on my plate. Have however been looking at My Country Home and imagining it quilted.

Barb

Comment

Sharon, I took classes in 2 techniques. Which one do you do? Apliquick or starch?

Comment

Eileen, I use starch. Works great for me. I have taken two classes from David Taylor and that is what he taught. You will find what works for you.

Comment

Wendy--Bummer about the health issues. I hope those are sorted and you are on your way again. Geneva, it is fun to take a heavily "petted" fabric to a project! Yes, the snowmageddon this year has been unusual. Surely, Spring has arrived! Eileen, taking classes to learn and perfect skills is always terrific. Looking forward to seeing how you use what you learned and practiced! Congratulations, Sharon. That is one sweet tiny quilt!!!!!

Comment

This year, I'm working through monthly software embroidery lessons which are offered through my Bernina dealer. I posted about the January lesson which was a fun one to do. I shared the February lesson in this post. I'd better get started on the March lesson! I stitched another Stash-N-Go bag. I made a knit dress for the oldest grand and have an outfit cut out for the youngest grand.

Miss J has her embroidered girl ready for layering/basting. We also worked on her Dog doodle. She is so much fun to work with in the studio. She has definite ideas and she can quickly make and stick with a decision. I've finished quilting the doodle and am ready to apply the binding and label so it won't be long before it is a finished project!

I was honored to be asked to provide a lecture to a small guild at the beginning of the month. It was my first one and I posted about my experience here. All in all, it was a good month!

Comment

Remembering the bit of Irish in my family today ! And DH had a wee spot o' luck--found $21 on the street
                    when he and Pepper went for their walk ! :woohoo:
                    Have enjoyed everyone's posts in the past weeks !! Wonderful work all around ! :cheer:
                    I'm sure ya tho't I'd vanished! But No! I've just had a very long Winter. Had a nasty Resp. bug mid-Jan. thru
                    most of Feb. ...in conjunction with all that D--- Snow others mentioned. 2 weeks of misery...scooping and shoveling
                    and blowing and repeating !! 4 to 5 feet aren't so bad a little at a time but in a short time...not so much !! :evil: :evil:
                    Add in plain ol' winter blahs ! resulting in not much stitching going on in this house ! I'll try to get back in the swing
                    now that spring is in sight...still lots of snow to melt :evil: ... but getting warmer and a little sun ! Here's a pic or 3
                    of what I've managed since I last posted.

These Mug Rugs were fun to do up...from Shabby Fabrics.

And these are on going...getting ready to pick some fabric for Sizzle block...As a trial for more.
                    Also a larger embroidery that will have some piecework and be a wall hanging some day...

My daily view ! Won't talk about snow ...Untill it is Gone ! Try to be back on the 6th !

Comment

Marilyn I did think you'd fallen down a hole!

Hope you stay clear of all those bugs now so you can do the sizzle quilt, do share what you do. You felt pieces are very cute it's lovely to sew isn't it. I'm just doing some donkeys.

My son's wall hanging is done and mounted on stretched canvas so it's easy for him to hang. He chose it from 3 (one I've not made yet!) . He's staying tonight so I'm excited to give it to him and He'll stop giving me earache that I haven't made his quilt.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Awesome Wendy!

Comment

Wendy, that quilt is amazing! Love the movement in it.

Comment

Wendy, that quilt is stunning!!

Comment

Wendy, your quilt is gorgeous! The shifting colors and the glow. Good job!

geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Thanks all. I think choosing colours opposite eachother on the colour wheel for key areas worked for the peaks. Now to sew some nice gentle hand dyes

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2887 users online. 559 members and 2328 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X