Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kathy lovely to see you here as well. Good luck sorting things out.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Thanks, Kathy! I will plan a row for you, and whip it out upon receiveing yours. Dorothy, how very sad! I'll see your row when you are up to it. No rush.

I saw that on my last post, only the first sentence posted. Grrrrrr!!!! So, I will try again. Barb and Marilyn, you should have your rows by now. They were mailed Tuesday. Barb, if something does not make sense in what I wrote to you, it is because Wendy actually made the comment. Wendy, yup, although 'Winter' was hard for some, I did get some really cool rows. But then, so did you! Love all of the birds. Your last row (from Jen?) with all of the little birdies is really cute! Definitely not "dead bods", huh Rosemary!?!?!

Just finished backing a rhubarb pie for DH for Father's Day. I'm pooped! Am resting!

Dawn

Comment

Row's not here yet Dawn, but no mail on the weekend, Mon. prob'ly :silly: Postal service doesn't know we're not far apart!
        Hummm? Rhubarb....guess I should make DH something ,too. I think we're on the way to summer....forecasting 90
        degrees on solstice! Not ready for that !! :S

Comment

Dawn wanted to let you know my row arrived yesterday! I love the fabric and the "Flavor of You".

Thanks again Dawn, I love the row and that the fact that the fabric was from the 2016 Hoffman Challenge!

Barb :-)

Comment

It's nice to see all the rows flying through the postal service to their new owners.

Rosemary, you were my last rower and I mailed your row out June 8th. I sure hope it's there by now. Of course the postal service says they are unable to track the number! :woohoo: I do not like USPS very much....

This has been such a fun little experience. Thank you to all that have sent me rows. I love them all.

Happy summer! geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Ok...Gonna try this....site not behaving! Dawn....great row...came today....Thanks! Now only ONE to go !!
              Wendygrande....Hope your minions are chasing down the gremlins !

Comment

Hi Geneva, your row arrived safely over the weekend. Haven't had a chance to photograph it in daylight yet.
                Had a very busy week last week, a couple of Canadian visitors (canoeists) so that meant a major tidy of the sewing room as it transferred into its alter ego, and one of them was a kosher Jew - that took some headache working out all the ramifications. I didn't mind, but only finding out a couple of days before was nerve wracking. Added to which DH then has to disappear over the border for a couple of nights whilst they were here, and he was the one who issued the invitations - typical!

Comment

Rosemary, no worries. I'm glad it got there.
                  Sounds like you had quite the visitors! Sometimes it's best to fake a bug and take to your bed... :blink:

Beautiful row Dawn/Marilyn.

Been working all day on writing stuff for my website. Ugh, I'd much rather sew than write about sewing! I did finish up the day by adding a curled edge to a clothesline plate I made. That made me feel good!

Take care everybody. geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

I googled it and I'm no wiser. So what is a clothesline plate? And your website?

Comment

Woo-hoo! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: just back from the post office, my final three rows are now winging their way across the pond to Dawn, Dorothy and Limbania; had some fun with these.

Now to concentrate on my FoQ entry. I have the fabric, waiting on the threads, going to work on the design now, then cutting out.

Comment

Hi friends! I have been too busy the last few weeks to even check in on the forum. I find the posts very confusing. I had 39 to read, but the little green boxes go away after you go to a second page, so I had to count back to the 39th post. With the old forum, I would just go back a few pages to start with and had a good chance of guessing right. We don't have the option of clicking on page 3 or 4 without clicking on page 1 first.. :evil: :evil:
                        I am past the first granddaughter's wedding, and past my 50th anniversary celebration. The second wedding is in July. I finished the first flower girl dress in plenty of time. I also made a dress for myself for the second wedding. Purchased an outfit for the anniversary party. I am busy working on the second flower girl dress now. The bodice is almost done. I still need to attach the sleeves. The skirt is 4 layers: lining, netting, skirt, and lace over skirt. I dread gathering it!!! Between the wedding and the anniversary, I had 10 extra people at my house for a week. Love for them to visit, but so nice to have the house back to just me and DH. Another DD and family(8 people) will be here Monday for a week or so. She is having new heating and air conditioning put in her house and doesn't want to be in the way of the workers.
                        Hopefully the dress will go quickly and easily and I can get back to my rows. I have a few quilts I am anxious to get finished too. Being unable to sew for 7 months really put me behind. I am trying to get things done in order of importance. Sorry for all the delays.
                        Heather, I received your row and it is beautiful. I love Texas, so it is special in that way too.

Comment

Glad you received it, Cathy! And so glad you love it! I was worried a bit about it being oversized; I hope it's okay.

Sounds like you have been very busy, which we can all relate to....I hope the time with your dd & her family goes well, and all the dresses and things get done in time. And if I've not said yet, happy anniversary! Fifty years is a wonderful milestone -- wow!!!! Many congratulations, and best wishes for many more years still to come.

Comment

Lovely rows! You're all doing a great job. Looking forward to some very pretty quilts.

Thank you Cathy, Lotti and Luanne/Rosemarie. Some pretty rows and fabric.

Dorothy, yours is my last row. Tomorrow it'll be on the mail so you should get it sometime next week.

It's been a great exchange and I'm so glad all my rows are made and the last one ready to go. I'm missing rows from Brenda and Kathy. No rush. I can wait to make the quilt.

I'll let you know when I receive yours Rosemary.

And now the unsettling news on my front. A few months ago I found a small lump in my right breast, near where the scar from the lumpectomy I had four years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Some of you might remember that time.
                            I've had an ultrasound, an MRI and will be having a PET scan (if insurance authorizes, since I declined to have a biopsy of the lump) or a CT scan on July 3. I've been seeing a Naturophatic Dr. that has helped several people heal from different kinds of cancer. Already started several treatments and detoxing. I chose not to have any conventional treatment. Also not to make this public, in particular to family, for the time being, only my husband and a couple of close friends know what's going on. Last night I talked to my kids about it, Renatta is 12 and Marcus 8, since they have been asking why I've been going to the doctor so often and why am I having all those tests. Now that they're on vacation and when DH is at work, sometimes they have to go with me to my appointments. They are scared, so am I but I reassured them that hopefully this is not cancer again (a couple of tests; cancer antigens and cancer tumor markers show some alterations -precancerous cells- but not full cancer activity) and even if it is, I'll do all I can to heal.

I appreciate your prayers, healing thoughts and vibes. Hugs and blessings to all.

Comment

Limbania, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through! Again! Be strong and know, now that you have shared the news, that there are many of us praying for you and sending healing vibes! Ditto everything that Lotti said!

Rosemary, I'm looking forward to receiving your row. I haven't been down to the mailbox in a couple of days, so I'll check it today.

Cathy, it sounds like you are a very busy person right now! I was exhausted after reading your post. I have a really sedimentary life and rather enjoy it that way. I tend to get very anxious when there is too much going on.

Wendy, did you ever get an answer to the clothesline plate question? I call them bowls, but they can be flat like a plate. They are clothesline wrapped in fabric, and coiled into shapes like bowls, and sewn together on your sewing machine. You can see examples on YouTube or Pinterest.

Hugs to all!
                              Dawn

Comment

Limbania,
                                Thanks for letting us know what's going on in your life. I think it's always wise to let your children know, even if very young, what is going on. If it is kept secret, they think it is much worse because they aren't being told. If you get a diagnosis that isn't what you want, they will be able to see it in your face, and they need to be allowed to deal with their emotions about the whole thing too. Be prepared for some really tough questions coming from them, as their minds might 'race to the worst' case scenario. They need reassurance that whatever does come about, they are loved by you and that you will do everything reasonable to see your 'grandkids', I know they are only 8 and 12, that's why I mention the distant future. You will be in my prayers, please keep us posted. If you prefer to not say much on this forum, continue to let us know through private emails. We care and send you God's love.
                                Your friend, Luann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2163 users online. 216 members and 1947 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X