Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Cathy...row in the mail from Idaho ! Looks like you have mailbox fun coming ! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comment

I finally just took pictures of Rosemary's row I got a while back. It is great. A special idea from her area: Tour de Yorkshire.

And this beautiful row from Limbania.

I really love both of these rows, and all the ones I have received. I feel so bad about being behind. My next shoulder surgery is on the 17th. Since I am right handed and this is on the left shoulder, I am hoping I can get back to sewing sooner. I have two things I wanted to get done before the surgery. One was a wool cape to wear since my arm will be in a sling for the next 6 weeks. The other is a chef's coat for one of my GDs. She is 12 and wants to be a pastry chef. That is all she wants from me for Christmas. If I get it cut out, I think I can do it while recuperating. The wool coat is a different story. I can't buy a pattern without driving an hour one way. I think I would design it myself, but since I have this nice wool, I don't want to risk it. I will probably just make something quick out of some navy fleece I have. I will have to make 3 trips a week, into town for physical therapy, for about 3 months. I will really be glad when spring arrives!

Comment

Rosemary/Cathy - Love the 'Tour to Yorkshire' row what a fun idea.
        Limbania/Cathy - What a great row love the fabric.
        Cathy - sounds like progress re your shoulder, I'd be looking forward to spring too!

Barb

Comment

Hello!

Dawn, I've received your delightful package of FQs and just love them! I tried emailing you, but somehow that didn't work. I love the colours! Just planning to redecorate and tI was thinking of using salmon/peach and maybe a splash fo aqua. Thank you very much. I am going to try to find the time to photograph all the fabric/rows I've received so far - You ladies are spectacular!

I haven't posted much but I do scan the notices that come in from time to time - you ladies are busy!
          Hugs,
          Terrie

Comment

Cathy, here is a really simple cloak you could make.

If you use fleece fabric you won't even have to hem it just be sure to cut a curved line for the back neck. If you want it longer just buy/use a longer length. I wore a cloak to this cut for at least a couple of years when I was single and lived in London. You swirl it around and then swish one end over your shoulder so it acts as a built in scarf.

Comment

Nice surprise in the post this morning a parcel from Jen, which I photographed while the sun was shining,

before trying to tackle this lot

FiL died last Friday, the funeral will be a week on Monday. We might need to insist that MiL comes and stops with us for a few days after wards, or visits his sister - this is my mother's recommendation from when my grandad died and Nanny came to stay with us for a short visit so she didn't have to worry about the mundane things of life, like meals etc.

Comment

Cathy, Rosemary, those are lovely rows you all received!

That cloak/shawl pattern looks great, Rosemary, thanks for posting it! Cathy, I hope it helps you! A wool cloak sounds amazing! Praying for your surgery and recovery, as well. Don't feel bad being behind, we've all been behind at some point, and some of us (myself...) with not as good/valid a reason as shoulder surgery.

Rosemary, praying too for your family at the passing of your FIL. Very good idea to have your MIL come and stay; I hope she'll accept.

I hope to sew my October and November rows and get them to the post before Tuesday.....I'll report in once I manage that. I'm right in the middle of 3 weeks of absolute madness as far as scheduling goes....if I can sew over the weekend that will be ideal.

Hugs to everyone! I'll photograph all my rows together, too - they all are wonderful and I can already see how they play nicely together!

Comment

Rosemary,
                  Keeping your family in prayers during this adjustment time.
                  Luann

Comment

Rosemary I'm sorry to hear about your FIL. It will be nice for your mother in law to be able to have your family's company for awhile.
                    Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Rosemary, I am so sorry for the loss of your father in law. Please take care. geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

Really sorry for your loss Rosemary. We are now at the Utah address, and still getting things organized. I should be able to get back on track after thanksgiving....hopefully! I love the rows and can't wait to get going on them again!

Dorothy
                        Geneva

Comment

Terrie, I'm glad you received and like the fabrics that I sent you! Have fun with them!

Rosemary, so sorry to hear about your FIL. I pray everyone's hearts are healing a bit by now. How is MIL doing?

Dawn

Comment

Dawn, I think things are going ok(ish) for my Mil. I heard that she went out for a small drive to the village today. She hasn't been able to do this, because of worrying about if my Fil was ok or not, and he has not been fit to go out for over a year due to the asbestosis. Soil has arranged to go to a 3 day week until xmas and so she can get down each week, and there are friends through the church who are looking out for her, inviting her to go with them to church &a mid week coffee mornings, so things are looking quite positive.

This last weekend has also been busy, a trip down to London to a Hyper Japan market for Izzy & I. Izzy in an anime costume (photos are on the camera, will upload later). It was great fun, looking at stalls selling all things Japanese, if hard work on the feet. It was a special treat as part of her xmas present for this year, and was a great hit. She also insisted that I had to go into the sake bar, as I needed a treat too! (Although I thought 10:30am was a bit early for sampling sake....)

Comment

Try #2...last one disappeared into cyberspace . :evil: Sooooo....Hope all who celebrate had a Happy Thanksgiving
                              and all travels when well. A quiet wknd here with good meals and lots o' leftovers ! :woohoo: Got some sewing done
                              and a row went out today to Andre's house. Please let me know when it gets there...don't always trust the Postal service!
                              I got all my rows out and took a picture...

I think this is gonna be fun to work up ! :cheer:

I have some other finishes and will get them photographed soon !! Snow on the ground this morning...but it melted
                              right away....guess I'd better think about Christmas, huh? :silly:

Comment

Marilyn
                                Your rows look stunning together!

I will be checking the mail every day, can't wait - it's like Christmas present!

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2321 users online. 242 members and 2079 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X