Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh heck Marilyn you're waiting for me this month :whistle: better get last months done and not keep you waiting too long :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Right on the laptop so I can post Geneva's footprints

Comment

Beautiful row Geneva and Wendy. I love guineas. They are noisy watch birds when someone comes, but I like the warning. They also eat lots of bugs and ticks!

Comment

I love our guinea hens! They crack me up with all their fussing and fighting. I call them "the girls". Their names are Hazel, Frances, Mabel, Henrietta, etc.... They aren't very smart either. I'll be driving down the driveway and they can't figure out how to get out of the way. They run around in circles squawking at each other. Too funny! I hope they will eat all our snakes, ticks and anything else that shouldn't be bothering us.

I enjoyed making this row for Wendy. It was fun. geneva
          Geneva

Comment

Anything in the post Brenda? It's not come back to me again yet.

Comment

Geneva/Wendy - lovely row! so colorful!

Andrée

Comment

I hadn't picked up the mail for a couple of days, so there was a wonderful surprise waiting for me there, yesterday. Thank you Heather! You may see snow drifts, I see glaciers! Glaciers are a wonderful blue color when looking down on them. We are quickly loosing them up in Glacier Park (about 45 minutes from my front door) but there is one we visit about a day's drive, up in Canada. And, your row definitely reminds me of it! I will post a picture later today! Thank you again! I love it!

Dawn

Comment

Oh, so glad you love it, Dawn! "Winter" was a hard theme for this southern gal!! LOL!

Cathy, I received your row and it's beautiful! Bright, cheerful, and definitely reminds me of being at the beach - so much fun color! And what a sweet note to tuck in as well, thank you! I'll get a photo up today. I'm home all day today -- first time in weeks!! It feels good

Happy rowing, everyone!

Comment

Hey Heather...got the row ! Like your color choices.....Pretty ambitious ...all those little "drunkard's path" blocks !
                    And thanks for including a little extra....I will adjust your seams a wee bit and will be able to find a place for
                    them to act as blenders some place. Here's a pic....

Comment

Yes Wendy, I got it several days ago and will post a picture as soon as I can. Life has been really crazy here, I'll spare the details, but still have no sewing room. Glad (???) to see I'm not the only one who is behind. Hopefully I can get a small space cleared out so I can plug my sewing machine in and get something accomplished.

Comment

Hurrah, no rush, I've know you've had lots of stress just hope it's getting better.

Comment

And, here is another row from Heather...

How ambitious is that! She chose a snowflake print blue fabric and a snowflake print white fabric. I think she has 42 strips in this bargello! (She must have gotten drunk after doing Marilyn's drunkard path blocks, to tackle such a long row!) I'm calling this my glacial row. A lot of work! Can't wait to put these rows all together!

Thanks, again, Heather! Love it, love it!
                          Dawn

Comment

Wow great rows - Geneva/Wendy, Heather/Dawn and Heather/Marilyn!
                            Barb :-)

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=137365
                              Hey Heather...got the row ! Like your color choices.....Pretty ambitious ...all those little "drunkard's path" blocks !
                              And thanks for including a little extra....I will adjust your seams a wee bit and will be able to find a place for
                              them to act as blenders some place. Here's a pic....
                              "...a wee bit..." -- you are so kind! Yes, my seams are not the best on curved stuff. I try, but they always end up shifted at the bottom corner. Of course I found a tutorial this morning, long after I had sent yours off, on basting the bottom corner before sewing, to prevent that. I will try it next time! Anyway, this is what happens when you tell me to do something scrappy. I hope it isn't too much of a pain to correct, and hope it fits in with your other rows.

Comment

Dawn, I'm glad you like it! Your row was actually really easy. I just sewed 3" wide strips of white, blue, white, then cut them into (I don't remember what width) strips from there, and then cut off the excess of each. I just sewed the rows together, but I did blocks of 6 strips, then put those together....way less fussy than some of the others I have done, but I couldn't think of anything else. I'm glad you like it! Here I felt it was "too easy"

And, finally I am sharing pictures of the row Andree' sent me quite some time ago, and the row Cathy sent me this past week. Both are lovely! Beautiful blue waves (snail tail, is it called?? I don't remember, but like waves coming in from opposite sides) from Andree', and fun, bright batik stars from Cathy, which remind of all the fun colors on the beach -- beach umbrellas, beach blankets, beach toys, etc. Fun, bright summery colors. Both are just stunning and the photos don't do them justice. They are simply beautiful!

From Andree' --

From Cathy --

Thanks, ladies! I love them both!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2298 users online. 264 members and 2034 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                                Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X