Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy (U.S.) Presidents Day, today (Feb 15th). I have just returned home from a weekend of long-arm qullting at my sisters's house, where she helped me finish "the save this blanket from the trash heap" project from a nefarious place. Making a whole new comforter/blanket/quilt was not an option in this case, and the salvaged original may not survive another laundering. In which case, I will get to have my way and encase it under new fabric. The back is a sumptuously soft purple Cuddle style (store brand from Joanns) fabric and some coordinating light purple/lilac flannel. I had to remove the original quilting and the remains of the polyester batting from inside-what a mess that was. Lot's of it was in the form of little bean-shaped pellets.) I should have waited to download the picture from my phone before starting this post, but I didn't, so stay tuned.
    All of which is prelude to my request for patience from my January, February and March row recipients. The good news is that I'm going on a quilting retreat over the first weekend of March, and will devote some time to completing at least the rows for Barb, Marilyn and Dawn!

I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the work and the comments and the challenges that have been shared recently.
    Sending all of you love and light,
    Kath
    KatH

Comment

Terrie: such beautiful fabric from Luann...
      And a beautiful Bargello style row from Lotti! Lucky you!
      And a beautiful row from Geneva - very well done! This is really eye candy. What a great quilt this is going to be!

This gives so much inspiration! What a group!

Andrée

Comment

Such great rows!! You all are very inspiring

Brenda, still no row has arrived from me?? I sent it off a bit over a week ago, and it's not been returned to me this time, but nor have I seen it show up at your place (well, I don't have tracking for it anymore so am not sure....). I hope it's arrived and not lost in the mail somewhere! Please let me know if you've not received it by now, I'll make a replacement and send out, as it really should have arrived by now.

February row, I've not started yet.....oh, life. I'll quite often likely be a "towards the end of the month" person. Hope you all understand

Comment

Thanks again Karen fun to do!

Barb :-)

Comment

Hey Barb I think I keep forgetting to say I like your profile picture. If I'm not mistaken didn't your hat blow off?
            Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Hi Karen - yes my hat did blow off! The picture was taken a year ago at the RD2CA quilt show, with my now 15 year old granddaughter!
              Barb :-)
              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

I have been somewhat distracted (what's new) :blink: Heather, I did receive your row and it is beautiful. Whenever I think of sun, sand and saltwater my mind immediately goes to Cozumel, so it makes your row that much more special. Jen, I was just looking at your note card you sent with the row. How did you know I was a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner that just retired and misses those precious little feet so much I went back to work VERY part time?? Anyway, here is a picture of my row from Heather. It is in two pictures because it lost too much when I tried to take a picture of it all at once.

Comment

Nice Heather. I've done your row and will post it soon

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Oh, I am so glad it made it to you! I was worried, Brenda, because they did not charge me repeat postage. I was sure it would be returned for insufficient postage, and so really holding my breath! I'm glad you like it.

Wendy, fun! Looking forward to it! And Lotti, thanks for the treats to share -- yum!

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Brenda - I honestly had no idea but think that's awesome. :lol: I am a pediatrician. The cards were a gift from a colleague and I don't get to use them often :P Glad you liked it!

I keep meaning to post pictures of the beautiful row I received last month, but haven't been able to get the camera and the row in the same place at the same time. Going to try and get a good pic some night when the boys go to bed and get it posted! Finding my way back to my sewing room is proving difficult as well!

Everyone's rows are so pretty - I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone does with them!

~ Jen

Comment

Dawn/Limbania - Wonderful row really like the butterfly!
                        Heather/Brenda - Neat sun and sand row.
                        Lotti - Love the Carnival and Valentine cookies!

Barb

Comment

Heather/Brenda - wonderful row! sea and sand... makes me think of vacation

Andrée

Comment

All the way from North Yorkshire to Eastern Washington state......

Isn't it wonderful!!? Thank you so much Rosemary. I LOVE your marbled fabric and the geometric bands. The work-womanship is perfect. But that's Rosemary. I took a picture of the back so you could see the perfect seams.

This is such fun! Again, thank you Rosemary. I appreciate you making this row for me, especially since your home is in disarray from the new carpets and all.

Take care, geneva
                            Geneva

Comment

Love it, Rosemary. Lucky Geneva.

Comment

Pleased to hear that it has arrived safely. :cheer:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2051 users online. 202 members and 1849 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X