Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone,

I NEED one more piece of info,,, how many maximum months are you 'in' , please send me an email, don't just post it here, thanks!!

Because I'm organizing this,,, I'm in for as many as it takes to get a row from every person joining in. I realize the rest of you may not want that kind of time commitment. I know Lois is concerned about 15 months of rows, and we may get even more joining before we start. So, if I know your maximum I will be able to put together a schedule suited to your available time.

And, when I send out your email with the schedule for you to be making rows with, you will also get a list of who is to be sewing for you during each month. That way, if you are wanting something a bit different than the 6 1/2" by 36 1/2" basic row, you can contact them directly. I hope this will help.

Comment

Originally posted by "CarrieG" post=133391
      I am going to be a lurker for this fun exchange! My husband has a serious lung issue & is currently scheduled for numerous tests at the University of Michigan over the next few months, about 2 hours from us. I'm not ready to add another commitment right now.

So enjoy and us lurkers will enjoy along with you!
      Carol, I just wanted to say I'll keep your husband (and you) in my prayers; hopefully the tests will reveal a treatment plan. ((((hugs to you))))

Comment

IMPORTANT,
        I'm getting a lot of changes to people's themes, colors, etc. this isn't a problem so keep them coming until we get our final go ahead!!
        HOWEVER, I'm only going to make changes on the first post once a week. so, be aware that if you make something now for a specific person, things may change before we get rolling!!!
        I've changed several things already, thinking that everyone got an email with notification that I had edited that first post. I have learned that isn't happening, so that's why it will be a once a week adding of names &/or changes to any info. Then I will come here and tell everyone that there are changes, so you can go check them out. This way you can make sure I'm doing any changes that YOU may have requested!
        Thanks for your patience while I get this thing rolling. If we do it again, I'll be better equipped.
        Luann

Comment

Luann, will you be doing the updates the same day each week?
          It would probably keep things simpler for the woolly minded in the groupmyself included :whistle: :silly: :P

Comment

I have posted changes for Heather on the first post.

If you have any changes, please get them to my personal email by Tuesday, I'll do my best to update by Wednesday evening. Then I'm out of town until the 21st, and I'm not sure if I'll even have internet available.
            Any changes that come after Tuesday, 6pm my time, will get done when I return. So, if you have a minor change and can wait til then, I'd appreciate it.
            Thanks for being a part of the fun we're going to have.
            Luann

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Brenda, Barb, Lois, and Idaho:
              Please resend physical address, email address, and preferences to me. [email protected]
              I deleted some emails by mistake, Thanks for the help.
              Kathy, I got your new listing but can't print until the water goes down and hubby turns things back on. These should show up on my early Wednesday am changes.
              Luann

Comment

Luann, I've resent email hope you receive this time.
                Barb

Comment

I just sent you my information. Let me know if it doesn't show up in your in-box. I'm already getting excited.

Comment

Getting organised here, ready for the 'off'. I have an A5 sheet of paper (approx. 6.5" x 8.5") per person with their names on and description of their requirement, all ready to start sketching ideas down as and when they strike me. Got a couple of ideas down already too :woohoo:

Comment

Are we being given a technique each month to use for our designated person?

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133511
                        Are we being given a technique each month to use for our designated person?
                        Wendy, (Rosemary read second info area before going too far)

No monthly techniques, as everyone has those they are comfortable doing.

Now don't anybody start saying that you want special techniques! It isn't going to be a part of this exchange. We've already got a tremendous amount of 'preferences' for the group, and I'm still getting "change requests". Tonight I'll get the most recent info changes done, then it's wait until I get back from vacation. And then it's only what I get at my yahoo email.
                        I really hope we can get all changes to those already in the group DONE by November 1st. Then hopefully it would only be the adding of a few late joiners. That's my hope, we'll see how far I get with it!! LOL

TODAY
                        My finish is The Princess,

She is up on the wall already, yeah!!

Luann
                        PS I really want to do a good job with our Row exchange and going on vacation while my house is just above the flood waters has me a bit fidgety! I need to go to my room and sew! Yes, that's what I need to do,,,

Comment

I am sooooooooooooooo wanting to do this! I have a couple of commitments that might take up most of my time, though. A row every month scares me! But, so many of you participants have become so special to me over the years, that I really want to be a part of this! So, I am giving it some deep thought! Just out of curiosity, how many days do you all think you will spend on each row? I could spend a whole day on one block! But you all know, I have said it before, I work very slowly! Maybe this could teach me time management, and speed me up a bit. Still thinking!!! I'll try to make my decision before Luann gets back from her trip.

Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by "Scoopie" post=133544
                            I am sooooooooooooooo wanting to do this! I have a couple of commitments that might take up most of my time, though. A row every month scares me! But, so many of you participants have become so special to me over the years, that I really want to be a part of this! So, I am giving it some deep thought! Just out of curiosity, how many days do you all think you will spend on each row? I could spend a whole day on one block! But you all know, I have said it before, I work very slowly! Maybe this could teach me time management, and speed me up a bit. Still thinking!!! I'll try to make my decision before Luann gets back from her trip.

Dawn
                            Dawn, and others with frequency concerns!
                            I've had a few people express their concern over duration, monthly, etc etc. let me know, in an email to the yahoo address, what you really wish it would be. I think I'm going to be able to accommodate everyone, even if you are an every other monther! The only catch will be, you won't be able to chose "who" you make for and who gets left out. That would be more than I want to coordinate.
                            Just let me know.
                            Luann

Comment

Dawn, to me, this quilt is a gift from each of my TQS friends. I expect them to make a row that doesn't stress them out and more than that, be a fun adventure for them. If you want to make me a log cabin block, for instance, you can make say 3 of them and add fabric squares in between the 3 log cabin blocks. Or add pin wheels (half square triangles made quickly and easily.) Also, we can each try something a little different for each friend, making it new and refreshing.

So, relax, and remember what Lotti said "If you can't make a row, send me a 6 1/2" x 36 1/2" strip of fabric!!"

take care, geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Nicely put Geneva, we would do well to remember this as we work out our ideas.
                                Geneva

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1949 users online. 154 members and 1795 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X