Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Row Robin starts Jan. 2016 All info on first post.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's lovely.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lotti, that bear looks like he was playing leap frog and decided to take a break.
      Was he looking at something specific, or just gazing off into the distance, much like I do, when I think of being physically active! LOL
      LUANN

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=133279
        Originally posted by "AndreeBergeron" post=133271
        Oh!!!! I feel like joining this one... :cheer:

Well I just sent my info... I'm in!

Andrée
        will it be full or half size? :silly:
        Well, I can make a 6x36 mini! :woohoo:

Andrée

Comment

I am home from my whirlwind trip of seeing granddaughters and a new nephew. Such fun but we are exhausted.

I've read the latest batch of comments on this thread and I am literally crying laughing. I love you guys! A coat......

I'm thinking that I want a row from each of you. And I agree with Lotti, don't stress, make it a piece of you, and keep it simple. And I would add to my request, make the row 6" or less wide. It's a row.... I can add different heights together. It would be nice to have them all 36" long. Luann, would you add that to my wish list?

I really don't know what I would do with out you.

So, shall we harrass ritzy, Lorchen, Rita and...... to join us?

Thank you LuAnn for doing this for us.
          Geneva
          Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133293
            Ooh no I'd love to see you wear us! B)
            The brain has been ticking over here - did you smell the hot diesel oil? :lol:

Initially I was thinking of conventional patterns, which would entail wasteage of portions of cloth. Then I thought that 36" long sleeves will look very silly on me. Then I remembered the perfect pattern for this :woohoo: it is called the ' bog coat' and has no waste at all. I will have to do some patterning and working out, but it is definitely possible B)
            Geneva

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=133328
              Great comic relief - I love you row-ers!

I just got home from 30+ hours in emerg with a bad bronchitis. Got home and checked my TQS buddies - you always make me smile. Don't make me laugh too much, or I cough like a fool.

I'm okay as long as I don't move or talk, but typing isn't too strenuous! I may be able to do some hand quilting, finally, until I recover.

Love all the ideas, but as usual, one more - if we are going to have an unlimited (possibleY0 number of row-ers. maybe we could just eliminate the 6-inch requirement. I like those row qullts I've seen with variety int he size of the rows.. Just a thought.
              Get well soon!
              Andrée

Comment

Oh my Terrie - take care of yourself! (Our grands have recently had same symptoms must be going around).

Barb

Comment

Luann, some clarification please. By row, are talking across, or down? I think of a row as being horizontal and a column as vertical. I am just trying to envision how this will end up. So far I am seeing 36 inches wide by 72 inches long. I will go back and reread the posts. Thanks.

Comment

Terrie take care and keep drinking

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133340
                      Terrie take care and keep drinking
                      Hic, cheers!

Comment

Rosemary - which way to fold the rectangle in half - diagonally? - that's the only way I could think of it working correctly - unless it was a square? then cut a hole off the top? Do I sound loopy or is it a good idea? I suppose one could just use fleece and line it with some nice quilting cotton in a small size for a grandchild??????? That would make a poncho? or do you still call it a cape?

Comment

A poncho is a square (or rectangle) with a slit cut in the centre for the head to go through - think Mexicans in the spaghetti westerns.
                          A cape can be a full circle, half circle or quarter circle with shaped shoulder seams, with an opening up the centre frontwith ties, buttons or hooks to hold it closed and small circle for the neck onto which can be put a collar or hood - think little Red Riding Hood pictures.

Here is a rough diagram of the basic style of hood I was thinking of. You could either put it into a full length cape, or a small 4"-6" wide shoulder covering cape. Or alternately put a channel along the bottom edge and add a draw string to gather it up and hold it on if you do this I would recommend that once the ribbon is in place to do a few stitches at the centre back to hold it, so that it cannot be pulled out and lost.

If using fleece it would not be essential to line it with quilting cotton, unless you wanted to. Also using fleece you wouldn't need to worry about hemming. However most fleece is not windproofthinking that Canada gets much colder than UK and for longer, you might want a double layer too. Something for experimentation to see what suits.

Comment

The Bog Coat

First up - there is lots of leads to various Bog Coats and patterns etc. here https://uk.pinterest.com/lenkavodicka/bog-coat/

Next up After getting Izzy to do some measuring on me, I find that I need it to be 42" from wrist to wrist, and 36" long will take it from the nape of my neck to about knee length. Here is a sketch plan of how it could be constructed using the rows.

However because I am a short-arse I would be after a couple of pairs of 3" wide rows instead of 6" wide rowsand they would only need to be 24" long instead of 36" to make this work. For this pattern I would be looking to swap with 10 others. I could make it one row longer, making 11, but then one pair of 3" borders would need to be 30" instead of 24"

This could be an amazing dressing gown/housecoat :woohoo: - not sure I would go out side in it, I am sure Izzy wouldn't be seen dead with me if I did :silly: :P

Comment

I don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=133362
                                I don't understand
                                Wendy,
                                Was it was my post about vertical or horizontal that you didn't understand. If yes, I'll explain, if it was about the bog coats, then I won't clutter up everyone's brain with my extra info.
                                Luann
                                Just let me know,,,

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1983 users online. 155 members and 1828 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X