Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy, we were sewl sisters today. I spent the day undoing, remeasuring, trimming, resewing and reblocking the mystery quilt. Ugh!

When you get the answer to why we continue on when the little (smart) voice is screaming at us let me know.

Geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Whew! That was fun! 7 children from between 2 months to 10 years and 10 adults for supper. :cheer:

I think I`ll be back to the virtual quilting retreat this week. That was Christmas for one half of the family who will all be far and away from here at real Christmas, spread out from Halifax to Florida! I`ve got to get back to binding a quilt and finishing up the wedding one for the real Christmas day. Oh, and the mystery quilt too!

Plus bought some new Kaffe fabric for another project, :silly: and some Kona solids for a Luigi quilt for my grandson. Lots to keep me busy.

Merry Weekend everyone!
      Geneva

Comment

Wendy, I've found that I quite like unpicking invisible thread, because it doesn't split, like a twisted one, and I found that it was easy to slide the unpicker under it and if your light is angled right, it glints off and is not too bad to find. I used it for basting lines on Caught Red Handed. Still no fun having to unpick though.

Terri, sounds like you had lots of fun - 2 'Christmases' in one year.
        Geneva

Comment

Everyone is making such wonderful quilts! Congrats to all!

Geneva, I felt your pain when the knots all came out. I steamed my confetti landscape quilt, and the tulle melted in a few places. So, now I am adding more rocks, on the very top, to cover those areas. And a log. Not necessarily in the exact spots I wanted, but it is what it is!

And, I did listen to those of you who commented on my not making baby quilts! I will make (without asking) toddler, or big girl quilts. They will have a quilt from grandma! My good friend Debbie, is making a wedding quilt for each of the grands, NOW, while she is still able to. Who knows our abilities 10 to 15 years from now. Great idea! I may follow that example!

I attended our guild's Christmas Pot Luck over the weekend, and it was wonderful! I took my neighbor/friend, who is a non quilter. I'm not even sure she owns a sewing machine. I am hoping she will eventually have an interest in quilting. We will see!

Have a great week!
          Dawn

Comment

Congratulations Terrie on the safe arrival of your little one. What a scarey time it can be. May he grow to be strong wise and a bundle of fun. Xx

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm back from visiting my son, daughter in law and granddaughter in Southern Ca. It was a lovely trip, too short though. We had a hilarious time getting there. Anything that could go wrong did. Well, no planes crashed, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it did.

I was in charge of Victorina Rose while everyone went to work and appointments last Friday. We had a lovely time! I brought the latest AQS magazine and let me tell you, Rosie loved it!

Hopefully the picture will come out right side up!

I haven't been sewing much due to travel, caring for my mom and just stuff. I want to get the last border on the mystery quilt, then get started on the row by row quilt piece. I was fretting and worrying over what to make, even drafting very difficult blocks, and then Rosie showed me some really easy and cool blocks in the AQS magazine that would adapt very nicely. So now I've stopped all fretting and am ready to roll. Aren't grand children wonderful?!

It is a beautiful day here in Eastern WA. I am so blessed to live in a wonderful place.

Happy Monday everyone!

geneva
              Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
                I'm so proud of you, sharing your love of quilting with the future generations! Grandkids are such a blessing.
                Geneva

Comment

What a gorgeous picture. Your 2 loves together.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "genevacarroll" post=134598
                    Hello everyone!

I'm back from visiting my son, daughter in law and granddaughter in Southern Ca. It was a lovely trip, too short though. We had a hilarious time getting there. Anything that could go wrong did. Well, no planes crashed, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it did.

I was in charge of Victorina Rose while everyone went to work and appointments last Friday. We had a lovely time! I brought the latest AQS magazine and let me tell you, Rosie loved it!

Hopefully the picture will come out right side up!

I haven't been sewing much due to travel, caring for my mom and just stuff. I want to get the last border on the mystery quilt, then get started on the row by row quilt piece. I was fretting and worrying over what to make, even drafting very difficult blocks, and then Rosie showed me some really easy and cool blocks in the AQS magazine that would adapt very nicely. So now I've stopped all fretting and am ready to roll. Aren't grand children wonderful?!

It is a beautiful day here in Eastern WA. I am so blessed to live in a wonderful place.

Happy Monday everyone!

geneva
                    Geneva, You always make me laugh. I wish I could meet you! Rosie looks like a quilter! See how bright eyed she is wanting to devour that magazine. Way to get her started.

Comment

Beautiful baby, Geneva! I can see that you really enjoyed yourself! Thanks for sharing!

I just finished the first of two tote bags, for one of my two year old granddaughters. This first one was kind of a practice one, for the granddaughter that loves to "go shopping." So, her mom gives her a generic tote bag, and she goes around the house stuffing anything she can find into it.

That's all for now, gotta dash off to the store for supplies for the next tote! Only have one week to get it made!

Dawn

Comment

Dawn...tote bags are really cute!!! Love them!

Dorothy

Comment

Dawn! That tote bag is so cute!

Lois, I'd love to meet you and everyone else on these forums. I feel like I know you all anyway. I hope someday we can meet. How fun would that be? And dangerous! :evil:
                          Who knows what would happen if a group of lounge lizards were in the same spot! Ha!

Take care,
                          geneva
                          Geneva

Comment

Dawn - great totes! I love Winnie the Pooh.

Geneva - I feel the same. Fun and dangerous. :woohoo: Love the combination. Someone will certainly come up with a great doable idea. It just isn't me right now.
                            Geneva

Comment

Nice totes, Dawn. I was just going to say, Ritzy lives near Chicago and she hasnt' been poping in quite so often, but apparently she's lurking. Glad some of us get together face to face.

Comment

Dawn,
                                Love the totes

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2363 users online. 332 members and 2031 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25689   Active Members: 1,308  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X