Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so glad to hear that Alfie is doing so well! A true Christmas joy.

Terrie, you and I were wearing the same thinking cap last week. Last Thursday I learned that a friend of mine has throat cancer and would be starting 7 weeks of chemo and radiation this week. So, what else to do? Make her a quilt. I needed a fast quilt. I used some 5" solid squares I had, bought 2 3/4 yards of teal (her favorite color) and sewed pinwheels. I quilted this with wavy lines and added a multi-striped border cut on the diagonal. This quilt represents all those that love her and are rooting for her. I added a fun panel to the back to bring a smile to her face. It is 40" x 48". I shipped it off yesterday.

Today I must make my grandson a small pillowcase. That should be quick! hmy:

To all my dear TQS friends. You make my life so much fun and full of love! Thank you! Have a Merry Christmas and here's to another great year of creating and connecting!

geneva
    Geneva

Comment

Terry, so happy to hear of Alfie's progress. Happy for the whole family.

Margarita
      Geneva

Comment

Marrianne, love your picture,

Margarita
        Geneva

Comment

I wish everyone a great holiday, We are celebrating Christmas here.

As an update on the virtual retreat, I did not accomplish much in the last months. Hand quilting some on my "Dear Jane" and
          "Secret Garden" and Hand quilting a panel for a baby quilt, for Great Grandson,Joshua born Wednesday in Missouri.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy 2016.

Margarita
          Geneva

Comment

Geneva, love the quilt you made for your friend.

Margarita
            Geneva

Comment

I wish you all a Healthy and Happy Christmas and thank you for your friendship and kindness throughout the year.
              Warm wishes and hugs
              Pam x

Comment

Geneva I think that your quilt is fabulous
                Love Pam

Comment

While I haven't posted much this year, I wanted to take a moment and wish you a blessed holiday season. May you have times filled with love and laughter; and, as the new year breaks I pray you will all find a contentment to meet all your needs. Hugs my friends and even if I am not posting--I am lurking and keeping up with you.

Comment

I like that marbling, Rosemary. I'd like to try it someday.

Comment

I've always loved pinwheels. One of my very first quilts was a baby pinwheel. They are just too fun and 'airy'! Geneva, I love yours.

Comment

Merry Christmas one and all. Sure do loved keeping up with all your creativity. Looking forward to more Virtual Sharing in 2016.

Comment

Finally got the binding finished on this one. Tomorrow I hope to get a better picture of the whole quilt, but for tonight-

I also got my backing put together for the batik BOM. So, I think tomorrow, after Yoga and a trip to the Post Office, I'm going to be doing some fmq on Abigail.

Comment

Originally posted by "AnnieLu" post=134756
                            Marianne,
                            Your design on your post is very nice. I could see it as a panel, 24" by WOF and some coordinating fabrics to go with.
                            I hope that your UK sight is as wonderful as Spoonflower. I imagine that customs fees would make it cost prohibitive to order from US. That's a sad thing, along with postage it puts some very nice items out of one's financial comfort zone.

Merry Christmas
                            Thank you, Luann It is my Inkscape "play"-designs I am thinking of having printed. You're right in your assessment of the ordering from US. I got badly burnt when I lived in Belgium so am not trying that again :blink:

Is your quilt over the bannister a jelly-roll race quilt? I like the solid interspersed with the patterned.
                            Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "genevacarroll" post=134760
                              Last Thursday I learned that a friend of mine has throat cancer and would be starting 7 weeks of chemo and radiation this week. So, what else to do? Make her a quilt. I needed a fast quilt. I used some 5" solid squares I had, bought 2 3/4 yards of teal (her favorite color) and sewed pinwheels. I quilted this with wavy lines and added a multi-striped border cut on the diagonal. This quilt represents all those that love her and are rooting for her. I added a fun panel to the back to bring a smile to her face. It is 40" x 48". I shipped it off yesterday.
                              Geneva, so sorry to hear about uour friend - such a devastating diagnosis. Your quilt is wonderful and she will appreciate your thoughts very much.
                              Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "PosyP" post=134758

I've been having fun trying out marbling on fabric with Izzy. These are our first attempts.
                                just wish I could work out how to get darker/deeper colours.
                                I haven't done marbling on fabric for many years. Great fun though. Did you use gelatine and Dylon dies? I can't remember what the stuff was called we added to the water but I think it was seaweed/moss based but I also tried gelatine at home. We added vodka to the dyes. This was 25 years ago so as you can imagine there wasn't much health and safety around :whistle:
                                Does the colours fade after the wash out or doesn't the fabric pick up the colours in the first place?
                                Marianne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2172 users online. 219 members and 1953 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X