Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a closer view.

Comment

Everyone has been so busy! Love to see all your finishes LuAnn. Love the lone star baby quilt. Annis that looks like 80's fabrics. I remember quite a few large and small border prints during the last half of that decade. Still have some hmy:

I'm still dealing with the square in a squares. They are fun.

Thanks for the pictures Lotti! They are wonderful.

have a good weekend, geneva
      Geneva

Comment

Beautiful Lone Star, Heather! I can't wait to see how you weave the background.

Comment

That Lone Star is looking good, Heather.

I was thinking Jinny Beyer and late '80s fabrics too. Most of my '80s and '90s fabrics were cut into small squares years ago. Some have been used but most still waiting (think watercolor quilts). I did acquire some through an estate sale a few years ago. When I get to my other home I will check and see if there is anything there that will work. Otherwise I may just try to find close matches in solid fabrics.

Comment

Luann - Fun to see what you're doing neat finishes!
            Annis - I'm thinking Jinny Beyer too and mid 80's fabric. Looking forward to see what you do with the quilt top! Fun to hear about your Retreat Center progress.
            Heather - Awesome lone star. Looking forward to seeing the next step.
            Lotti - Fantastic pictures sure reminds me of our trip to Switzerland and Germany.
            We're in Seattle for a couple days then off to Whistler for another week then back to Southern California.
            Barb

Comment

Heather,
              Your lone star is looking good!

Lotti,
              Your pictures remind me of a brief stay in Germany. The hilly area behind our town was a relaxing place to walk. As long as the 'honey wagon' hadn't gone out recently!! LOL

LUANN

Comment

Heather, I love the idea of weaving the two birthstone colors together! How very special, and creative!

Annis, Fun! Good luck with your first big group! I'm sorry to see another quilt store close its doors! There is one for sale here in town, but it is just because the owner is at the age when she wants to retire.

Lotti, I see you' we been out snapping pictures again! Beautiful!

Luann, what I like best in your pictures are.......the aqua (mint?) Birkenstocks! I have a friend with a pair of orange ones like those. When you mentioned the "honey wagon" it reminded me........When I was around 10, we lived in Japan. I would always see the Japanese people take their "honey buckets" (on a pole, one swinging in front and one behind for balance) out to the fields, for fertilizing! I'll bet they don't do THAT any more!

Dawn

Comment

So much to look at - lovely quilts, stars and photos. Thank you everybody who is sharing work, buys and other stuff here at our retreat! Much appreciated

A finish for me today - decided to turn FMQ samplers into a table topper for our much battered table in the kitchen. I couldn't quite decide what I wanted to use the squares for because I didn't really like them together but by chance I dropped them on the floor when moving stuff around and when I picked them up I had two of them with the back fabric side up and it was glaringly obvious suddenly that I should make one big four patch! So here we are: 1 QAYG table topper from FMQ sampler squares (42" finished)

one side

the other side
                  Marianne

Comment

Oh my goodness - I didn't realise my house was turned sideways :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Sorry about that - fortunately a four patch is a four patch is a four patch no matter how you turn it :P
                    Marianne

Comment

I have been out of the loop for far too long, but I have been lurking lately and am in awe by all I see! I am finally getting back to quilting. I'm jump starting it by taking Alex's class at Alden Lane Wednesday. Anyone else signed up for "Flower Power"? I'd love to meet you there.

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

I think using our practice pieces in a useful way helps us to want to practice even more.
                        You could easily create charity quilts with your method. Anyone receiving them would be blessed, and usually they don't go to any of the 'quilt police' , so we can relax and just fmq for the enjoyment of practice.
                        And, Your table topper is reversible, that's an added benefit! At least in my house it sure is.

I did put up a blog post for those of you interested,
                        www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Luann

Comment

Marianne - love your four patch it looks great!
                          Charae - I'm jealous have fun at Alden Lane on Wednesday.

Barb

Comment

Originally posted by "clhdabb" post=133040
                            I have been out of the loop for far too long, but I have been lurking lately and am in awe by all I see! I am finally getting back to quilting. I'm jump starting it by taking Alex's class at Alden Lane Wednesday. Anyone else signed up for "Flower Power"? I'd love to meet you there.
                            I hope you'll come back to Alden Lane Saturday or Sunday for the quilt show. It's very pretty with the quilts hanging from ropes strung from all the huge oak trees. I'll be sitting with the Outlander charity quilt first hours Saturday and last hours on Sunday.

Kathy

Comment

Great, Kathy! Quilting in the Garden is an annual pilgrimage for me. I'll stop by and say hello!

Comment

Have fun and please take some pics for us both of you.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2168 users online. 214 members and 1954 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X