Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geneva,
    Lovin your mess!! And that quilt is looking prettier all the time.

Ritzy,
    I'm from a 'northern' state, living in a 'southern' state so I definitely qualify as a Yankee, and most often I'm pretty puzzled or puzzling (that's according to my DH, but then what do guys know?). Anywho,, being your friend, if only online, I don't see what's wrong with it!! It looks just like something I would love to have, so if a few not quite perfect spots are going to be a big bother for you, the solution is simple. My address is: And I'll just wait out at the mailbox for it to arrive. Ok? Oh, now I bet you've got some other way of handling this situation. I should have spoken up sooner,,,
    Really, unless you're going for getting a ribbon in a show, enjoy it! And if you enter it, call that block to the judges attention and refer to it as 'my Amish Yankee Puzzle' block. They can't kick you out for being creative!!
    Enjoy
    Luann
    But you can send the quilt COD if you want!! LOL

Comment

Beautiful Boys and Mom too! But I must be dense but I don't see what you all seem to think is a obvious mistake. It's not obvious to me. Please explain.

Comment

Ladies--you are all too kind.
        Lois--the blocks that make the larger block on the "Y" block--they are the thing driving me nuts. I can't look at the quilt without seeing them and wondering how I quilted it without noticing and ripping it out long ago.
        Geneva--thank you for the embellishments but if I add to one block then I have to add to more because you can never have enough embellishments and that would be more work than fixing the block.
        Luann--nice try but with all the problems I had making this half-sized quilt--it will be kept to remind me that sometimes it is worth the trouble.
        Pam--you would love spending time with the boys--they love to be cuddled.
        Oh--and the reason it drives me crazy is I want to be able to show it and I want to win. How's that for vanity?

Comment

Those blocks would bug me too on a quilt for showing. Not vanity at all and I don't blame you for wanting to win. Didn't you do this quilt as you go? How about making up a new block first and then if it is good to go, take out the old one and remake. You could always use the old one as a muggie

Just putting some more Minstrels in the M&m's bowl for you.

Comment

Ritzy...I would love to snuggle those babies...how very sweet!! I can understand why they bug you, I'll add a few Cadbury chocolate bars to the bowl so you can take a break and eat them while working on it :side: good luck, and let us know what you decide to do.
            Geneva...love your blocks! It will be interesting to see how you end up putting them together :cheer:
            I am working on another bag for my niece....took her into her first quilt shop, and she absolutely fell in love the Mondo bag, so of course I'm making it for her...she doesn't have a sewing machine :blink: hmy: or the time :silly:
            Dorothy

Comment

Hi Ritzy -

I think your quilt is beautiful! But if the blocks bother you, you definitely need to fix them in some way. Instead of embellishment, you could think about appliques. You could scatter a few applique stars, for example, over the missed points and then scatter a few over some other parts of the quilt to make it a design decision. Since some of the letters already go behind and in front of the pieced blocks, it wouldn't look out of place to add the applique. If you have any applique in your border, those are the elements you could bring in to the fron. But you really have to do whatever will make you happy when you look at the quilt, because you will always be its greatest critic. BTW, beautiful boys!!

Comment

Dorothy,

Isn't it loads of fun, when you're making something for a loved one, and you know they are excited about it too?

Luann

Comment

Luann,
                  I love it, and she is SOOO excited!! I may have started something taking her to the quilt shop lol!

Dorothy

Comment

Geneva - I love the blocks - so colorful! Can't wait to see where you go from here with them!
                    Ritzy - could you applique a very narrow strip in a complementary color down the length of the block to hide the issue (but extend the strip onto the solid color at the base of the block so the eye doesn't notice it - much like you would add a ribbon embellishment? My thought is a narrow applique would not be noticed as much a single piece of embellishment would...I think it would look like an extra asymmetric boarder and I think it would look good with the overall asymmetry of the quilt...good luck. Let us know what you decide to do!

Comment

Also the boys are beautiful! I can imagine that they are a handful - but worth every moment. I know how hectic it is with 2 boys of different ages, can't imagine twins Hope both they and mommy are doing well!

Comment

Ritzy we put so much of our precious time into making our quilts, that it's not vanity wanting to show your quilt and win. You know that you are not happy with the "Y" block, there have been some really good ideas for altering/disguising the block. However, I know that you are an accomplished needlewomen and although it would be a more difficult process to remove the original "Y" and make a replacement, it may be the best option for you to feel happy with your finished quilt.
                        Best Wishes Pam

Comment

I must be a thousand times more dense than Lois, because I still can't see anything wrong with the 'Y' block. :blush:

Comment

I think she means some of the points are cut off but I really had to look for it.
                            Ritzy it is such a beautiful quilt that I would not worry about it.
                            Here are a few Malteasers to keep your strength up, cuddling those two beautiful boys must be so tiring....NOT!
                            They are adorable. Congratulations to you and your family.
                            Anne

Comment

Lightbulb moment! :blink: So, it's not the "Y", but the hourglass squares over the top? Yes, I see some points don't line up. I saw it on the close-up. Ritzy, don't you wish I was a judge? I'd have passed those - or do I need new glasses?

Ho hum, hubby is away for 5 days and I didn't even quilt yet today.

Comment

Nothin' like a little R&R.... :woohoo: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2528 users online. 317 members and 2211 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,314  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X