Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat Aug thru Dec 2015 Info on first post

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dorothy - Yikes re your shoulder - enjoy your trip.
    Heather - Awesome progress on Radiant Suns blocks.
    Luann - Nice quilting!

Barb

Comment

Today we got up at 5 am, drove an hour and caught the sun rising at Folly Beach, SC

And all the way above the horizon

Ate breakfast at The Lost Dog. I had pineapple pancakes with strawberry coulée and whole strawberries, lots of banana slices and whipped cream on top. Then went back to the beach for a very long walk.
      Came home and got the quilting done on this top I was given to do for our guild's charity causes

And a close up of another design from my ProStitcher

Enough for now,
      I'm tired and going to head off to bed early tonight.
      Luann

Comment

Beautiful sunrise photos and quilting, Luann!

Comment

Lovely sunrise Luann!!! Is the quilting a panto, or can your new baby be programmed?
          Got about half of the tie tote quilted...sure hope she likes it :huh: will post pictures when I get it finished.

Comment

Whew! You have all been so busy! I was wondering why I hadn't heard from anyone and then realized I haven't posted on this new thread!

We had a lovely wedding weekend on the Washington coast. Lots of family, fun and love. Here's a picture of my grandson wearing my sunglasses. He's such a sweetie. This was his first time to see the ocean.

I have been waiting for Sybil to end her affair with Mr. Fix It. I need her back to embroider my new granddaughter's name on her quilt. The baby shower is in 3 weeks. :blink: Mr. Fix It says she needs a new L panel and it is back ordered from Bernina. Sigh.... So I have been working on little things, like a Paris mug rug for my daughter in law's birthday. I'll take a picture once I have whizzed around the outside!

Here is the quilt I am making for Victorina Rose. She is due in October.

Ritzy, I am sending good thoughts for your new grandsons. Dorothy I hope your shoulder is much better and you have a fun time in Europe.

I am so impressed with all the wonderful things everyone is working on. This is such a fun retreat! And we also get to have Lotti's wonderful photography and all the delicious candy! (with no calories.)

Off to go shopping with my daughter and grandson....

Take care,

geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Oooh pretty quilt Geneva!!! Love the bright colors!
              Dorothy
              Geneva

Comment

Great pics, Annilu and Geneva.
                I just love the ocean! Here's a pic from the wedding on the beach on the west coast. The children made an 'aisle and circle of clam shells to define the space of the wedding. So lovely.

Geneva

Comment

We had a little rain last night here in the Seattle area, it was refreshing.
                  Geneva - Wonderful beach pictures. Love the baby quilt too.
                  Terri - What a neat spot for a wedding!
                  Luann - Nice sunrise pictures and quilting.

Barb :-)
                  Geneva

Comment

Put up the link on my blog for dye washing out of fabrics
                    Www.letscreatetoday.blogspot.com

Geneva,
                    Love your pictures and quilt. But the best one is your Grandchild!! Adorable.

Dorothy,
                    Yes my machine can be programmed. That takes me plenty of time, but the results are so worthwhile. Now if I can just figure out how to never break a thread or run out of bobbin thread, I could get things quilted much faster.

I think I just need more chocolate!
                    Geneva

Comment

Geneva what a lovely picture of you and your Grandson, your quilt is gorgeous too.
                      Terri beautiful wedding.
                      Luann beautiful pictures.
                      I'm going to cut down a bit on all these chocolates my waistline is spreading too much.
                      Best Wishes Pam

Comment

The awards ceremony was just after lunchtime and I haven't heard anything from FoQ, so I am guessing that I haven't won anything

Just have to go and buy fabric for Terrie's mystery quilt and get some hugs in with Lorchan instead.

UPDATE! on some pictures form FoQ posted on facebook I saw my piece and it had a 'Highly Commended' note next to it :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: There was also a picture of the second place winner, and I don't mind being beaten by it, it is gorgeous in a Ritzy colourway.

Comment

Congratulations Rosemary great result, be proud.

Love everyone's quilts, pictures and families, I wish you all well xx

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I finished my goal of 3 red and white wall hangings this week, barely. I thought I'd have a few hours to spare but that water drip I'd been hearing finally showed up on the carpet. Time to turn the AC off and get the drain unclogged. My nephew came to the rescue and got it going again. At least it was late in the day and didn't have time to get too hot in my sewing room. Must have AC on these 100+ days.

The quilt on the right took the place of the New York Beauty. You really didn't think I was going to make one of those did you!!! Anyway I remembered finding this block in EQ and wanted to try it out. I didn't want all of those seams in the background and I didn't want to do any inset seams so I redrew the block to eliminate those. I did have some partial seam piecing to do but that goes pretty quickly.

Next week my goal is to make the last 2 quilts. The fabric is already chosen for the Double Wedding Ring. I still need to draw the templates, but may let EQ do that for me. I will be using my Sew-on-the-Line method for the hexagon quilt. I tried this a few years ago and got a few rows done. These have 1" sides so 2" sides should be quite easy in comparison. I am determined this time to have a finished hexie quilt. Back around 1980 I cut many hexagons for what was supposed to be a reversible grandmother's flower garden quilt and made a few blocks. I was making them like little pillows, fabric on both sides with batting in the middle, sewn leaving an opening then turned inside out. Then they had to be hand sewn together on both sides which took way more time than I had so I gave the pieces for the back of the quilt to my sister and the rest of the pieces are still waiting to be used. I haven't given up on them yet.

Our quilt guild is having their real retreat this weekend. I believe I'm getting more done at this virtual retreat, no packing and no travel time, etc.

Comment

I do love your red and white quilts.

I love your hexies too. Have you told us about your sew on the line method?
                              Keep cool!

Comment

Rosemary,
                                Just remember your piece won Grand Champion with your friends at the retreat!!
                                It was stunning and an accomplished to be proud of!
                                Luann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2231 users online. 222 members and 2009 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X