Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wendy,
    Happy painting day!!
    Show us your piece please
    Luann

Comment

Hello everyone,
      July is fast approaching and I am going to make a more intentional plan for my portion of the ongoing 'virtual retreat'. If anyone else wants to do the same it would be great.
      I will pick a specific time frame, my project of choice, and what I hope to accomplish. I will post this intention during the last week of June. Then during that time frame I will keep everyone updated and I'll see if this helps me to accomplish more of what I want to do. I think I may mark out the days on my refrigerator calendar as being GONE!!! Perhaps I won't get side tracked this time.
      I am continuing along with trying to get at least 30 minutes of creative time for each day of June. I have put in more than 7 1/2 hours to date, so that's good. But it's been spent on so many different things that I don't have anything finished! That's why I want to decide on 'one' project and more specifically the results I want accomplished. Time will tell.
      Have a great day. We have been hitting 100F daily for several days now. Humidity is lower but,, heat index is still 105 or higher! Yikes, this is not the summer weather I enjoy. I need to go dunk myself in the ocean, but it's currently at 80F so only a bit cooler, not truly refreshing! Remember, I'm from northern Wisconsin where the summers rarely have a temp in the 90's.
      Luann

Comment

When I have a lot of jobs to do I make a list, it's a great sense of achievement when you cross of the list ...I try to do the things I hate most, first.
        When my children were small and my DH wore shirts to work I would always iron the shirts first otherwise they just stayed at the bottom of the laundry basket and that pile of shirts got bigger and bigger.
        I don't know how you stand the heat.....it's nearly 20 degrees here and that's just right.
        Anne in sunny UK

Comment

Congratulations on winning Wendy. I see we have all been busy. Friday DH and I drove to Omaha, Nebraska for our GD's high school graduation. That's about an 8 hour drive. We returned on Saturday. The only sewing related thing them was stopping in Hamilton, Missouri at the Missouri Quilt Co. I bought some fabric and DH and I walked about the town. We needed to stretch our legs after driving. I am really impressed with how friendly everyone there is. That is the home of the Jenny Doan tutorials for any who does not know about Hamilton. Sunday after church, I was lucky enough to get a quick nap. After the grandkids left, I went down and worked on my disappearing hourglass. I did not even cook dinner. DH didn't ask and I just kept sewing. Took a break for about an hour to visit with DH's brother and his wife. Went back down and sewed until after midnight. Slept in this morning. I have three more blocks to make. One BIL woke me at 7:30 to say he would have to shut the water off for a while. We share a well. I hurriedly drew water for coffee and a pitcher for drinking. Now, I can't wash dishes or clothes. :lol: :lol: Yeah, I am going down to sew. I have a guild meeting at 4:30. Hope the water is back on. A shower is needed!!
          Nancy, I hope you enjoyed the show and had a wonderful visit with your family. I love to listen to Kimmy Brummer. I have taken some classes from her at MQS and she has hosted the Audacious Auction there the last few years.
          Sorry this is so long. I am making up for 3 days posting.

Comment

Wendy - such good news! A new career and art form to explore! I'm so happy for you! If they don't ship to the UK, give them my address, and I'll ship them to you. Promise B)

Comment

Wendy,
              Congratulations!! I have that same set of DynaFlo paints. I was really hoping you would win, because you were using SetaColor. The DynaFlo behave very differently. I think you will like them.

Judith

Comment

Congrats, Wendy!

Everything looks so lovely! I've finished my corset style top, but then my husband requested an alteration to it (it is a bit long in front, and he prefers it stop at my waist instead....) so will be cutting off the bottom and redoing the trim along that middle edge, and hope it turns out as well once altered as it is just now. Fun times.

Once I get that done I will pull out stuff to play; maybe not until next week. Will lurk & be inspired in the meantime

Comment

We'll done getting it done even if you have to alter it. Remember a pic

I think the paints were awarded from a draw rather than merit but I'm still thrilled and will have fun with the dynaflow. These are our efforts http://thequiltshow.com/community/photos/album?albumid=11450230&groupid=100014

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Anne, I just checked, 20 Celsius is about 68 Farenheit. You're right! That is very pleasant,,,

Comment

Been following along since the beginning, and decided I should quit lurking and post something too. I love the projects everyone is working on - very beautiful. One of these days I'm going to try my hand at dying and batik - I simply don't have enough time now. Work all day, chase around 2 boys under the age of 5 at night, and after they go to bed I have to catch up on any left over work notes and the daily housework. I can usually sneak away for an hour or two on the weekends for some stress relief in my sewing room, but not always.

This weekend I did manage to work on a bali wedding star I've been playing with since January - starting to sew the units together and it's exciting to see what the final product will look like (which unfortunately is still months away at this point!). Also spent 4 hours in the car Saturday headed to visit family, since I didn't have any hand work I traced and cut the freezer template pieces for an appliqué quilt - but who knows when I'll find time to pick the fabric for that one :-). Don't they say that the more projects you have going at once, the better?

Don't think I'll finish anything before the end of this retreat, but I'll still enjoy my stress relief when I find time for it! I'll try to post some pics of my wedding star later this week - don't have any recent pics of what I've accomplished

Comment

I've had to whip up a quilt in short order, and I wanted to use all stash. This is what I have so far on my design wall. I had a bunch of solids, mostly black, so this is what I have so far. It's for a men's charity. Question? Borders : Black/coloured/ both/none? I know I have to square up each block and mix up the arrangement a bit, but what about the borders? Thanks for any input?

Comment

Beautiful Terrie, any colours, black or none would work

Wedding Star Jdeluka? Sounds interesting

Comment

Terrie,
                            This is really nice. Manly but not drap or dreary. I think my Grandson Ethan, 15 this year, would totally approve. Course he still has his 'bugs' quilt I made him several years ago. His sister Grayce asked me to pass along her Dora the Explorer quilt to one of the younger GDs, as long as she could have the flannel one I had just finished. The exchange happened and another quilt found its home. I don't have many, they're always being asked for. Gotta love it!
                            Luann

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=130736
                              Beautiful Terrie, any colours, black or none would work

Wedding Star Jdeluka? Sounds interesting
                              Yes, please show us this star, where ever you are in the process.
                              Luann

Comment

Today turned out awesome!
                                Got my walk in early. Did my Bible reading/study. Journaled. Four loads of wash done. Ironing finished. Made salads for lunch. Knit for over an hour. Picked up my art room. Took care of the mail. AND,,, drum roll please,,,, (if I could keep this up I would get so much done!),,is that drum roll still going??
                                I spent enough time in my sewing room, over two hours, and got the quilting done on my Wisteria piece.

I have trimmed it. It does not have a backing fabric. I want to put the backing face down onto the top with a two-piece hanging sleeve sandwiched in between. Stitch around all four sides. Trim and press as though it is a reversible skirt. Slit the back. Pull it right side out. Put a piece of very stiff stuff inside. Close the slit and put a label over the hole.
                                Oh how I hope this works!?!?
                                Luann

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2118 users online. 204 members and 1914 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X