Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=130535
    I really like all the pics I've seen on here. I've skimmed through the comments. Going to be grandmothering for the next two days, with a proper 'tea' with 2 3 y.o. granddaughters.

Wendy, I love your space - I'd be right at home there!

Not officially at this retreat, just lurking...
    Terrie,
    Lurk away! And a question about your profile picture. What is the name of the plant behind you? It is so pretty.
    Luann

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=130519
      Luann I love your shibori and would have a go at that this retreat but I have to get a quilt done this week for a friend who has had 2 adorable little boys. So I'm going to be quilting my Laura Nownes quilt. Yes I know I have said this several times over the last couple of years but I'm going to get on with it.

I shall be in Annis's workshop for my virtual retreat and actually in my little messy hole I love.

my quilt waiting for me

I've been knocking up some birds for a craft stall I booked in a moment of madness for a craft fair in November. They need embellishing so I may get some of these done.

and I'd love to start making things with my recent fabric purchases

Luann did you use indigo for your shibori
      Wendy, yes, I used an indigo vat for the ones in the picture. Sorry that I missed answering your question earlier. Actually, I answered it in the lost reply and then I forgot it in the one that didn't get lost. If that makes sense!!
      Luann

Comment

Can you tell us more about it please.

Comment

The plant behind me is called a Japanese Maple. It's leaves look like maple leaves, and the flowers I call 'fairy skirts' - they look like upside down crocuses (and you know I love those!)

Wendy, Canadian English lesson: (maybe American too??) When someone here in Canada knocks up, it's always a woman and the gal who gets 'knocked up', has been naughty and her secret life has been found out because she's pregnant. Otherwise, no one would know that she was dong 'it'. A man I know once said " I've got 4 daughters, so I have a 25% chance that one of them will get 'knocked up'

Imagine how I had to put my mind around you knocking up birds. :blush: :blush:

Well, this is a retreat, and conversation does get a bit scanty sometimes, non?

Comment

:lol: well we haven't had a misunderstanding for a while . Yes we use the term like that as well :lol:

Comment

Terrie - many, many years ago my cousin was an exchange student in Australia. After his first dinner, he said, "that was good, I'm stuffed!". Well, stuffed is American slang for "full tummy" and it was meant as a complement to the cook. Apparently "stuffed" is Australian slang for pregnant, so they were rather shocked. :lol:

Kathy

Comment

Thanks funny!

Comment

This is turning out to be quite funny. I can just see all of us chuckling at this info. I'm so glad you're all 'retreating' with me! Now that's a new meaning for that word. :silly:
                  Luann
                  Not doing much, I'm currently 'on call' for my hubby, as he is trying to get AT&T service fixed on our TV. He's been on the phone for almost an hour now. I just heard him say, I just got flashed. I'd better go check on his clothing situation! Giggles!!
                  Luann

Comment

Ok. I am just going to apologize in advance for any thing "odd" I say! Also, not a posting pro so am going to just jump in the fun and let the details work themselves out. The first image is a Tumbling block quilt I just started for my nephew. I wanted something subdued and not bright. I believe the fabric choices qualify.

I love ice dyeing. This is one of my pieces.

I went to a fun three day class with Ricky and Alex. I used my dyed fabric to create this piece inspired by what I learned for Ricky. I what to use it for the middle of something. That is waiting to be decided.

Comment

Welcome! Glad you're here and that you aren't standing on any formality about posting. That's how I hoped it would go. Just people sharing their way of doing a 'virtual retreat'.
                      I really like your fabrics in both pictures. Did you dye the Browns in the tumbling block quilt? They look like they are low water immersion dyed.
                      And your convergence piece is awesome. By any chance did you take a picture of the fabrics before you started the process? If not can you give us an idea of what each one looked like? When I did one I used 4 very different patterns and it turned out quite nice. I'll look for a picture of that one, as I gave it away a couple of years ago. It was the only quilt I ever ripped out more seams than I could count! I said I was going to keep it forever, but that didn't happen. Not too long ago I got a bright idea about doing this again, but with curvy lines and all cuts done with fabric stacked on top of each other. There was a lot to learn from that experiment but I do have 4 interesting pieces to work into something bigger. I'll check for photos of those also.
                      Glad you joined in the fun.

Comment

Well, day one of my retreat is done. I had great intentions, but with the hubby home, rain in the forecast, and a request to go out to lunch,, well I'll just say things didn't go as planned. But, I did get the fabric chosen to use for the water in my next art quilt.

It's a batik that I hope will do a lot of the work for me. I don't have a specific picture I'm trying to represent. It's more of a composite of many pictures. And I've gotten some rocks cut out and pinned about the water. I'm pleased with a couple of them, but tomorrow will be soon enough to decide if they get to stay, or be replaced with other fabrics.

Your comments are welcome.
                        Luann

Comment

I love your water fabric, AnnieLu. It will be fun to watch you develop your art quilt. The brown fabric is purchased batik. The ice dyed fabric I sent with the convergence picture was likely one used to create that piece. I used two pieces from that same dye group.

Twiglet, your birds are fun. I made some for decorating a tree several years ago. Thanks for sharing your sew happy area. I will take a pic of mine at some point and share.

It was comforting to hear other people's days do not always go as planned. My husband is just beginning retirement life. I have enjoyed that blissful state for a few years. I am learning my days are subject to change at a moments notice!

This is another convergence art quilt. I created flowers to cover my not perfect seams!
                          Susan

Comment

Susan,
                            I love your flowered convergence quilt. What are it's dimensions? Did you have the opportunity to catch the first segment of the latest quilt Show? Ricky and Alex do a bit of dyeing. I think that I may be doing some later during this retreat month of mine. I'll post pics if I do.
                            Luann

Comment

Popping in to say Hi! I think most know I'm Heather, now back in Texas after 6 years in Brazil, but can't figure out how to change my signature line to reflect that. We've been in the new house for almost a year now and settled in nicely....What will I work on though during our virtual retreat...? Hmmm. probably will work on some of the place mats I'm doing, but those are just boring in between work. Here is one finished one, and the stack of what they look like before I quilt them....

What I need to work on is an improv Christmas quilt that I've messed with in fits & starts, and am not certain if it will finish up or become something different. I began by trying to mesh traditional fabrics (given to me, and used for my Christmas tree skirt and then Christmas stockings for the family) with more contemporary fabrics that I like better, to try and make a couch throw for Christmas that would mesh my style with the style of the tree skirt. I think I pulled in too many fabrics though and am not certain it is going to work to become a complete quilt. No pictures of that mess just now, but if I get it out to work on I'll post photos....

In the meantime, I am also working on a first-ever garment piece for myself.....my sweet husband is taking me to Argentina for a weekend (using air miles he's accumulated in all his extensive work travel, and while he's there on business so hotel is covered, etc.). and we'll go see a Tango show while there. I'm attempting to sew a corset-style top for the occasion, to wear with a skirt and then a wrap/sweater/jacket/something over it. As I do NOT do garment sewing, we'll see if I'm successful or not.....

Here's the view from my sewing machine, so you can see where I'm working

Comment

Art momma your convergences are great and the ice dyed fabric is very effective. I thought of you Luann at the beginning of this show and wondered if you'd folded some of your shibori that way.

I've been absent from retreat today, had to work but hope to get some quilting done this evening. I'm just going to do loops and squiggle quilting and add the boys names every so often.

On my chair I sit on a speed pieced quilt made years ago which stops the bench taking chunks out of the chair arms and the hexagons are crocheted.

Would you believe it my chicken just ran off with my biscuit while I was chatting!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1935 users online. 163 members and 1772 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X