Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:lol: don't put them between your legs. I'll take a pic

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Wendy the "Thongs" are very pretty. I thought they were going to be sandals. In Australia thongs are what you wear on your feet.
        Good job we all speak the same language..........or not!
        Quilt show tomorrow I'm really looking forward to it I will probably spend too much money (Don't tell the old fella).
        Isn't retirement wonderful?
        Have a great day.
        Anne

Comment

And pray tell, what do you do with them? Book marks? Am I dense? I need so much help understanding nearly everything! :unsure: :huh:

Comment

Sorry Lois yes bookmarks

I made them for my team at Christmas a few years ago and some hang them from the car mirror

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=130823
              Here you go

Wendy,
              These are so nice. And you give them away to your friends? They are very lucky! How big are the bikes? And where did you find them?
              Oh, I so want to come see all of you!!! It would be such fun to spend an afternoon really getting to know each other.
              Well, until my ship comes in(and I can find the dock it's at), I'm off to the Stitchin Room.
              Luann

Comment

Twiglet, your tongs are adorable. I could not wait to find out just "what" they were. I would not have guessed bookmark! I used the word for my favorite shoes as a younger lady and underwear that looks very uncomfortable.

Judith, the colors in your arcs are so pretty. I noticed the instructions showed color values. Did you buy a kit or is that how the instructions would look if only the pattern was purchased.

Pemela, I have my ABC BOM top finished and ready to start quilting. I also downloaded the images thinking why rethink perfection! I am wondering about the thread for quilting. Are you using different colors on the blocks? On the border is the decorative stitch done before or while quilting?

Sew Happy, Susan

Comment

Susan,
                  I bought the pattern, which is printed in black and white. It uses 2 1/2" strips to make the arc units of the wedding ring. The strips have to be sorted so the values of the small pieces in the arcs go from lignt to dark across the arc.
                  Some people spend days selecting and sorting their 2 1/2" strips and take a class for this quilt. Judy Niemeyer made arrangements with Hoffman Batiks for them to put together two groups of coordinated strip sets, with the strips already arranged from light to dark for each arc. Judy Niemeyer picked the fabrics and the order. That is a huge help. I found a good price for the Judy Niemeyer Bali Pop Sets online at Hancocks of Paducah. I am soooo glad I bought the sets she put together. Much easier. I would have been so confused otherwise, trying to figure it out myself without a class. Like a lot of other things, it is simple once you get it. Until then it can be very frustrating.
                  I thought it quite ingenious the way she has you make the arcs. Not sure I can describe it well. If you like, I will see if I can take a picture at my virtual retreat tonight!

Happy quilting,
                  Judith

Comment

I'll look forward to seeing that.

Luann I got the bikes at a quilt show but you can get them on internet https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/bicycle_charm. They are 1 1/4" wide. Pierced shells work well with green and blue beads. I use waxed linen cord but I'm sure other fine cord or ribbon would work well.
                    Here's a tutorial http://www.favecrafts.com/Gifts/Beaded-Book-Thong

Comment

Lois, I'm in the same class as you. Even the picture didn't help. I usually use...a bookmark...as a bookmark! This is very creative!

Comment

Wendy - Love the quilted quilt and the bookmarks!
                        Judith - I bought the pattern too but haven't started it, perhaps I should.

Barb :-)

Comment

Judith, I would love to see pics. I wondered about how someone picked the colors. Buying the Bali pop sets was a smart move. I have seen ads for Judy's classes. I live in such a rural area I would have a 2 to 3 hour drive one way. Just too far. Nice to know the instructions that come with the patterns are understandable.

Hope everyone is having a great day. The rain and wind were terrific here this morning. A little calmer now.

Comment

Over the past several days of my virtual retreat I've been working on a little art quilt. It's part of a course I'm doing on Academy of Quilting. I painted fabric for my water, painted and melted cellophane for my bubbles, and a bunch of other little techniques that I had not tried before. Then I cut up the water fabric, made rocks, etc. Here!s where it sits at the moment.

And this morning I dyed up 16 pieces inspired by Ricky and Alex in show 1612. They are at batching stage.

Well, onto the next project,,,
                            Luann

Comment

Originally posted by "crocus999" post=130832
                              Lois, I'm in the same class as you. Even the picture didn't help. I usually use...a bookmark...as a bookmark! This is very creative!
                              Whereas I will use any old scrap of paper, or the receipt from buying the book.... with one exception - a book called 'Women's Work, The First 20,000 Years' about Women, Cloth and Society in Early Times, then I use a book mark from Maree in Tasmania :kiss: (it is a great read of a book too).

My sewing room is coming together :woohoo: only one unit left to put up. The rest are all filled. But I am strongly considering offloading some of the magazines I have been hoarding, but never getting back to re-reading. First up is a collection of Sewing World - dressmaking from about 2004 -09. after that a possible cull of embroidery/quilting mags (after checking the contents ) and probably various copies of 'Threads' magazines too. Then I might be able to use some of the shelving for fabric instead :whistle:

Bad news on the motor front today, my car failed it's MOT (legally required ticket to say that it is roadworthy) and the cost of repairs will be about the same as it is worth with probably more big bills to come after that. So we will be scrapping it and looking for something cheapish with an MOT for me this weekend. NOT what we had planned, I had been hoping that it would carry on for another 6 months or so and then go shopping for something a bit nicer and with no pressure to find it straight away Hey-ho, that is life for you, two steps forward, one step back ( or is it one step forward and two back?)

Comment

Rosemary - Sounds like your room is coming together. I need to go thru my magazines too. Sorry to hear about your car, too bad you can't tease it along a little longer.
                                Barb

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1935 users online. 170 members and 1765 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X