Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

What is your most favorite feature on your sewing?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, I may have to go check one of those out...

Comment

So happy for you. I love my Bernina 830 LE, but I do know a lot of the earlier ones had problems. I think by the time they put out the LE, most of the problems had been fixed and I somehow doubt the fifty percent figure. Nevertheless, I am really glad you found such a nice machine. Looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
      Betty Jo

Comment

Congratulations, Dawn! It sounds like you and your new machine will be perfect for each other. I can't wait to see the beauties you create with her!

Comment

Dawn, congratulations on your new sewing/embroidery machine. I look forward to seeing your new creations with embroidery. Your wheels must be spinning with ideas! :whistle:

Comment

BJ, I have always thought the Bernina to be the Cadillac of sewing machines. I did a lot of research on various machines, and was shocked at the number of complaints about the 830. The best examples are the reviews on Amazon. Just search Bernina 830, and click on Amazon reviews. Out of 19 reviews, 8 people gave it 5 stars and 8 gave it only one, and were very explicit about the problems that they had. The other three only gave it a 2 or 3 star. So when I found out that our local Bernina (only dealer in a 100 mile radius) didn't sell enough machines to qualify for the Bernina sales nor the financing, it did raise a red flag. I do hope that, for Bernina's sake, their quality has returned to the quality that they have always been known for. (Sure wish I could have seen the 880!)

Dawn
            In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Yes, I know about the complaints. I also know that the first batch had a lot of lemons, but there were some who simply didn't take time to learn the machine and some who jumped on the band wagon for fun and games (and didn't even own the machine),. But overall, the Bernina quality is still there, and the 830 LE and the 880s appear to be wonderful. I've owned mine for three years now and have not had any of the problems, But I also know that there are a lot of other good machines out there. Have fun with your machine. Cheers.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
              Betty Jo

Comment

Oh Dawn,

It sounds as if you have fallen in love!! It's important that you feel comfortable with your machine. If you think about it, we spend a lot of time with our sewing machines. We need to have a good working relationship with them.

Enjoy!

Geneva
                Geneva

Comment

Congrats on the new sewing machine. It sounds like a dream come true!

Comment

So glad Dawn....Hope all that research is a perfect pay-off ! Wish I had had the where-with-all
                    to do that before I bought my 820 ! Such a lemon ! Many fixes ,BJ...but company was less than
                    supportive and it makes very expensive "lemonade"! Wish I had bought almost anything but a Bernina.
                    BTW....my 1st Bernina was a terrific machine.

Comment

I'm glad you found just the right machine for you. Have fun!
                      Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Enjoy your new machine Dawn. It sounds wonderful.
                        Deborah W

Comment

Congrats with your new machine, Dawn. It seems to be the perfect choice for you.
                          I have had the 830 for nearly 2½ year now, bought second hand from a very good dealer (I later found out that it is one of the first machines they sent out). It had software related problems which took a long time to fix but it now works wonderful. I love that machine.

One thing I appreciate very much is the ability to move the decorative stitches to either side. My Pfaff and my Janome couldn't do that. It's very useful. And the needle increments are very small on this machine, which I also find very helpful.

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Congratulations, Dawn. Have a wonderful time with your new machine.

Comment

All the high end machines have my favorite features. I suggest you go to a big quilt show and try all the various brands. Service is important also my dealer is 70miles away, but love, love, love the service I get.

Comment

I am very lucky. I have a Pfaff, Bernina and a new Babylock Unity. I love them all. Each one has it's
                                Good features. My new Unity is a dream. It almost works by itself. Wonderful threaded, and thread cutter
                                Which were not great on the others. The larger harp is so nice for quilting. The lighting on the new
                                Machines is great. I still like my Bernina 730, but with the unity I don't need that little starter cloth when
                                Piecing.
                                There is quite a difference in price of all machines. I would buy the one most popular in your area
                                That has good service. The new machines are wonderful. Testing them out does help to.

Sharon

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1989 users online. 196 members and 1793 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X