Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

What is your most favorite feature on your sewing?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my Dream Machine since last November. I attended a class that helped me to learn more about the machne. It is the best iI have owned. I really like the laser light and the laser point light when you embroider. The self threader , needle down and so many more features. You will love it as I do!!!!!!!

Comment

Needle up and down position is good. I just wanted to warn you that you should try changing the feet and especially the walking foot before buying. I have a wonderful old Bernina 12.30 which I love to death but thought I would like a smaller cheaper machine to carry out to workshops. I bought a Janome DKS 100 and am having terrible trouble getting my hand (not that big) in to change needles and feet. The shop are not sympathetic. It also has terrible problems sewing a slightly thinner cotton than standard. The shop have spent over an hour trying to get it to work (again unsympathetic). They also said the needle threader would not work with anything less than an 80 needle. Wha\t I am saying is ask, ask ,ask and don't be disappoimted like me. I had a really cheap Janome Gem which gave superb service and I had expected the same for a machine much more complicated.

Comment

Patricia.H: I experienced a similar disappointment with my Janome 11KSE. It is a wonderful machine, love the square emb hoop for quilt in the hoop and applique projects but my my what a pain in the fingers getting the presser feet changed from sewing to emb, especially when it's the walking foot. Good space to the right of the needle but what a design flaw for space to be so cramped in the presser foot area, where it's needed the most.

Comment

Have the dream machine and all you said is true. Love it

Comment

I have 3 machines - each with different features.
            1. 1947 Singer Featherweight. Absolutely wonderful for picture perfect straight stitching and lightweight enough to tote around.
            2. Bernina 820 (the quilter's edition of the 830). Yes, unknowingly I bought a "beta-test" machine. It's fussy about its thread and I have to get out the manual to guide me when doing something new. It's best features is the 12" throat plate area, the knee lift & the needle down. It was very expensive and I wish I could get a fair trade-in price on the 880 - as it is the body of the 820 without the 820 bugs. But I guess Bernina doesn't feel the same way. Very disappointing purchase.
            3. I then bought the Bernina Activa 230 to have a simple, uncomplicated, dependable small size Bernina with the needle down and knee lift feature. It likes most thread, great stitches and stops stitching on a dime.

Comment

I love my sewing machines. They each have knee lifts and automatic needle threader. I use Superior threads and change my needle every eight hours.
              Clean it out after my big projects are finished. Have it serviced every. They are my pride and joy. I have a Pfaff Creative, Janome 6600, Brother embroidery
              machine and a simple Juke! Love sewing, making Quilts and special projects!

Comment

I would never have considered a Brother machine before reading your post. Can't wait to hear more and perhaps test drive one myself. I have been a sewing machine snob- only considering Berninas!

Comment

Originally posted by "licensegirl" post=128605
                  I would never have considered a Brother machine before reading your post. Can't wait to hear more and perhaps test drive one myself. I have been a sewing machine snob- only considering Berninas!
                  Yeah, if someone had told me to check out the Brother machines, I think I would have dismissed the idea! In my mind they are the little ones that you see in Walmart or Joann's. No service, no back-up. But, WOW! If you actually go to a Brother dealer (in my case, a Janome/Brother dealer) it's a real eye opener! Right down to the anti-static, clean-room for servicing the machines! Oh, did I mention the display looks like it is the size of a Kindle, almost as big as an iPad? Absolute heaven for older eyes!

Dawn

Comment

My favorite feature is the needle threader and the thread cutter They save so much time !

Comment

I was also a Bernina lover until I purchased the 830. Babylock Destiny/Brother Dream Machine new features surpass those offered on the B830/880 in terms of making sewing easier for the user...laser needle position, digital dual feed, touch pen, and the extra large touch screen. A friend of mine purchased the Destiny last month, she says after 50 years of sewing on various top of the line machines, it is the best machine she's ever owned.

Comment

This is all great information on these machines - real users giving reviews! Let me also say welcome to all of the new TQS members/posters! It's a wonderful website - I've been a member for a long time and have learned so very much from everyone's sharing information just like this. Beverly

Comment

Love my Unity by Babylock. It's so user friendly. Cost of most extra feet are very reasonable compared to Bernina. My Unity is an embroidery machine but I make quilts mostly. It has a knee lift, which I use mostly when paper piecing. Nesting occurs rarely and only when embroidering. Can't live without my thread cutter. I also have a Koala sewing cabinet which is awesome. Good luck with whatever you choose. Melinda T.

Comment

Hi Dawn,
                            Did your fabulous new machine arrive yet? How exciting! I am happy for you!

Judith

Comment

Originally posted by "JudithA" post=128621
                              Hi Dawn,
                              Did your fabulous new machine arrive yet? How exciting! I am happy for you!

Judith
                              Thanks for asking, Judith! Well, it seems there is/was that crummy dock strike. Supposedly, my machine is sitting in a container in San Diego. Or, maybe it has already been unloaded and on its way. The guy at the sewing machine store said there is no way to know exactly, but had been told that at one point, there was a 3 month backlog in unloading the containers. So, if my machine has not found its way here by the end if the month, they supposedly will ship another one, via air, to the store. Thank heavens I'm not the one paying the shipping!!!

Dawn

Comment

What did you end up with?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1943 users online. 154 members and 1789 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25584   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X